NEW BMMCC 4K G2 monitor issues in 60fps

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ceasare

NEW BMMCC 4K G2 monitor issues in 60fps

PostTue Feb 20, 2024 4:23 pm

Hi all!

My first and last post got taken down and my account suspended, not sure if it was because i used a number in the spelling of my name or because I signed it Chez (which is my nick name). Regardless, I recently got the BM Micro Cinema Cam 4k G2 and am having issues with my monitor flickering when I am trying to record in 4k 60fps to a USBC SSD drive. I am using a Desview 5.5" R6 monitor that supports 4k up to 30Hz. The flickering only happens while recording. The image is clear when in standby or broadcast mode. I am not seeing any issues when recording in lower frame rates. Do i need to get a new monitor and if so which one would you recomend that supports 4k 60fps hdmi inputs?

Cheers
Ceasare

RubenS89

Re: NEW BMMCC 4K G2 monitor issues in 60fps

PostFri Feb 23, 2024 1:08 pm

I'm not aware Blackmagic makes a Micro Cinema Camera 4k G2. Do you mean the Micro Studio Camera 4K G2?

Ceasare

Re: NEW BMMCC 4K G2 monitor issues in 60fps

PostFri Feb 23, 2024 5:33 pm

Yes sorry for the typo. It is the studio cam. I just did some tests on a new monitor that I ordered. The Feelworld F7 Pro which supports 4k 60hz hdmi input and am still getting screen flickering when recording in 50fps, 59.94fps and 60fps. I tried different cables. Nothing seems to be pointing me in a direction other than that it is the camera that is causing the issue and not the accessories. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Ceasare

Return to Cinematography