Recording issue with Pocket 4K using Samsung T7

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Jeff Carter

Recording issue with Pocket 4K using Samsung T7

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 6:13 am

I'm having some issues recording on my Pocket 4k using Samsung T7 drives. When I go to play back my clips (both in camera and in Resolve), the audio is recorded normal but the video is playing back at about 75% speed. All of the audio is there as well as the video, they are just not synced. Using a T5 drive works fine. I'm recording bmraw @ 5:1. Is there any way to correct this? The camera firmware is 7.1.

carlomacchiavello

Re: Recording issue with Pocket 4K using Samsung T7

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 7:16 am

Jeff Carter wrote:I'm having some issues recording on my Pocket 4k using Samsung T7 drives. When I go to play back my clips (both in camera and in Resolve), the audio is recorded normal but the video is playing back at about 75% speed. All of the audio is there as well as the video, they are just not synced. Using a T5 drive works fine. I'm recording bmraw @ 5:1. Is there any way to correct this? The camera firmware is 7.1.
T7 or t7 shield?
T7 is not approved drive be cause contain rubbish memory, the only approved drive is t7 shield which is different memory.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

RadicalRaul

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 6:46 pm

The T7 standard and shielded drives have become the go to drives for shooting with Black Magic cameras and your drive is more than likely not the issue.

1. Make sure your video and audio frame rates match in your timeline settings.
2. Should Resolve ask you to change the projects settings when you create a new project say no and match them later to prevent any further unnecessary stuttering.

I misread your original post. Check your cable. You should not be having any issues. These drives work extremely well.

RadicalRaul

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 pm

Make sure you have the latest firmware. These drives work great shielded or non shielded.

I'm been testing my standard T7 2TB for the last week set at 4K DCI, full resolution, constant quality Q1, waiting for it to fill it up. It has been flawless.

I tested the Crucial X10 2TB and is started developing format issues and sent it back. Which I find puzzling because I have two internal and the X8 1TB Crucial SSD drives that have worked well without issue.

A big shout out to Black Magic for giving us this option.

Return to Cinematography