URSA 12k Not Powering On

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Nick_K

URSA 12k Not Powering On

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 10:26 pm

My URSA 12k has stopped powering on. It was running fine this morning, but now it makes a clicking sound when I turn on the power switch, but then nothing happens. I've tried multiple batteries and AC power. The camera wasn't moved between when it worked and when it stopped working, so I don't think I bumped anything.

Any idea what's going on? Is there a way to hard reset the camera?

rick.lang

URSA 12k Not Powering On

PostWed May 01, 2024 4:23 pm

Remove the battery power source. Remove everything attached to the camera that draws power including lenses. Connect the supplied AC/DC power adapter. Try holding down the Focus button when you power On the camera.

If that doesn’t help, you may want to contact BMD Support directly for your region. How long have you had the UMP12K? Are you the original owner?
Rick Lang

Nick_K

Re: URSA 12k Not Powering On

PostWed May 01, 2024 5:26 pm

rick.lang wrote:Remove the battery power source. Remove everything attached to the camera that draws power including lenses. Connect the supplied AC/DC power adapter. Try holding down the Focus button when you power On the camera.

If that doesn’t help, you may want to contact BMD Support directly for your region. How long have you had the UMP12K? Are you the original owner?

I tried those things and I'm still getting nothing. I sent BM an email about this, but haven't heard back yet.

I'm the only owner. Got the camera in October of 2023.

John Brawley

PostWed May 01, 2024 8:03 pm

Clicking sound makes me think you’d have to send this back to BMD. Sorry it’s stopped working for you.

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

rick.lang

PostWed May 01, 2024 8:21 pm

Nick, good to know this fault occurred during your warranty. Once BMD Support has reviewed your email, you’ll receive an RMA to authorize a return for repair or replacement.
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography