What means quality these day's

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

cengizözgök

What means quality these day's

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 11:53 am

Well the source material of glass producing is sodium carbonate this material is ensures the quality of the glass
I worked for 18 years in a company who was produce sodium carbonate which sale for 80% to the glass companies.
We produce in different qualities in 5 steps best quality down to bad quality.
The best quality was three times more expensive then the bad quality.

Most of the glass producers want to reduce the price of carbonate and order a batch from number 3 , 5 and mix it .
And the contract where never longer then 1 year so they can switch to cheaper company. because the carbonate companies where big great competition among themselves..
So you got as glass producer always the change get cheaper contract only very serious big companies stay on there thrustful contract and require the best source mostly from 1,3 they mixed.

I think the problem of glass producer is in the source and they switch from the carbonate company and loss the quality this is a normal process the moving and switching from the companies to get cheaper source
For 20 years ago the companies exactly know what they get from the source companies the contacts where make for longer times and they thrust each outer.
Now in these time's because of the global economy you never know what you get everyone is switch and searching for cheaper companies there is no continue quality guaranty possible for a longer time.

So, Grant
in your last update you telling to us that the first batch was good glass and now there are problems this means something happened in the source material...
And this information is also not for free now I want the first next camera that shipping from your company ("just joking haha" )
Sorry for mine bad English
I only try to explain what quality means these day's because of global economy ..

Return to Cinematography