The Cheap BMPCC with a $10 Lens

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Mattias Burling

The Cheap BMPCC with a $10 Lens

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Got my new BMPCC from the current sale and did a quick test to see that there where no dead pixels and such.
Thought it was a fun idea to use my cheapest lens since this is now my cheapest cinema camera.

No issues to report on the camera and the little Konica 40/1.8 is nice, could be a good portrait lens for b-roll during talking heads.
Shooting for fun.
Tutorials, Tests, Reviews and What not:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mattiasburling

Göran Diffner

Re: The Cheap BMPCC with a $10 Lens

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Yes one better check that first lol nice film nothing wrong with that lens.

MatsHelgesson

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Mattias Burling wrote:Got my new BMPCC from the current sale and did a quick test to see that there where no dead pixels and such.
Thought it was a fun idea to use my cheapest lens since this is now my cheapest cinema camera.

No issues to report on the camera and the little Konica 40/1.8 is nice, could be a good portrait lens for b-roll during talking heads.

How many BMPCCs and BMCCs do you own now? ;) Liked the video and music. Are you using the Speed Boosters? I find I love my BMCC F mount Speed Booster with my Samyang and Tamron lenses. I'm planning on getting a Canon EF mount Speed Booster for the Pocket cam that arrived today and perhaps another BMCC EF for live use.
Mats Helgesson
Cinematographer
Grandpa Electric

Mattias Burling

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 9:30 pm

MatsHelgesson wrote:How many BMPCCs and BMCCs do you own now? ;) Liked the video and music. Are you using the Speed Boosters? I find I love my BMCC F mount Speed Booster with my Samyang and Tamron lenses. I'm planning on getting a Canon EF mount Speed Booster for the Pocket cam that arrived today and perhaps another BMCC EF for live use.

Its just one BMCC and one BMPCC. Sold the first two I had for full price and a few weeks later I bought a BMCC at 50% of and now a BMPCC for 50% of.
$1500 for the pair :)
Shooting for fun.

Jim Braly

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 11:53 pm

quick (maybe) questions, Mattias, how do you do a dead pixel check? Is it just shooting a black wall (or with lens cap on) and pixel-peeping some frames? Do they show up as white spots? Did you find any? Are they common on the Pocket?

thanks,
jimbee

p.s. -- nice lens for $10

Mattias Burling

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 5:07 am

jimbee wrote:quick (maybe) questions, Mattias, how do you do a dead pixel check? Is it just shooting a black wall (or with lens cap on) and pixel-peeping some frames? Do they show up as white spots? Did you find any? Are they common on the Pocket?

thanks,
jimbee

p.s. -- nice lens for $10

Hey,
I tested without lens and just the body cap, with a lens cap, and then by shooting for a day. They shouldnt be to hard to spot.
I had no issues with the new camera (have owned 4 BMD cameras now with zero issues).
Shooting for fun.

Return to Cinematography