ARRI standard mount lenses on the BlackMagic Cam?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author
ScottWilson

ARRI standard mount lenses on the BlackMagic Cam?

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Greetings. I am preparing to buy the BlackMagic Cinema Camera/MFT.
I have a set of ARRI standard mount lenses from an old ARRI II-C 35mm film camera which I believe will properly cover the sensor area of the BlackMagic... the ARRI being a 4:3, 4 perf aspect ratio (am I correct in thinking this?). Does anyone know of a company that makes such a lens adaptor that would fit the MFT mount? I'm hoping!

rawCAM35

Re: ARRI standard mount lenses on the BlackMagic Cam?

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 6:07 pm

ScottWilson wrote:Greetings. I am preparing to buy the BlackMagic Cinema Camera/MFT.
I have a set of ARRI standard mount lenses from an old ARRI II-C 35mm film camera which I believe will properly cover the sensor area of the BlackMagic... the ARRI being a 4:3, 4 perf aspect ratio (am I correct in thinking this?). Does anyone know of a company that makes such a lens adaptor that would fit the MFT mount? I'm hoping!

I have a set of lenses with my Arri II-c and would like to use them with my BMD EF camera ( when I get it ), the Flange Focal distance is 52 mm, so it is doable for Canon EF mount, but I could not find anything in the market, I will be talking to my Machinist to develop one.

I found some for MFT on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STANDARD-STD-AR ... 0907702542

Return to Cinematography