To Christine

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

spare

To Christine

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi Christine

Could you please tell us when the next update is coming, if it is not coming today?

Thanks

melissa lancaster

Re: To Christine

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 3:28 pm

spare wrote:Hi Christine

Could you please tell us when the next update is coming, if it is not coming today?

Thanks

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

AJ.infinite

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Seems like BMD reps are logging on this week a little less than usual.

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 pm

I have a supission whats happening is that the two competing desires of sating our lust for any information, and wanting to give us a definate answer.

I'm fairly sure that since they have decided not to give a set time and date regular update schedule, they cant give much in the way of there will be an update at x, becasue they dont know when info they are waitng to give is true (that the camera is shipping at a target rate) will be, nor do they know when they are going to give in.

I dont have enough didgets on my hands and feet to count the number of times I've given a 'sorry boss it could be hours before its ready to export as the normal fixes for this issue aren't helping', to walking over to tell him its exporting before he's reached his desk. Which is why I'm rarely botherd by the lack of a 'nothing new to report, we'll tell you when it is' after the first time.

Christine Peterson

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Sorry for the delay, guys. Looks like we're getting an update in the Australian AM.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

spare

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:Sorry for the delay, guys. Looks like we're getting an update in the Australian AM.

Thanks.

Costa Louvieris

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Thank you for the update on the update Christine:)

Ram Prakash

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:Sorry for the delay, guys. Looks like we're getting an update in the Australian AM.

Thanks! Looking forward to it
Cheers!
Ram Prakash

Christian Schmeer

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Wohoo, let's hope for good news :)
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer

Jason R. Johnston

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 9:40 pm

[unreasonable childish rant] It's now 8:40am in Melbourne which, according to MY calculations means it's morning earlier today, which is the "tomorrow" so mentioned in Christine's update of the update. So where's the update? Don't tell us Grant comes in at 9am just because he's the CEO! If we're not given EXACT dates, times, numbers, algorithms, blood types, credit card numbers and bank account access plus tours of the facilities and tickets to Disneyland ..... Ima just gonna buy a RED! Petty, you're a nice guy and take cute pictures of you standing and holding all your (extremely late) products but, we're gonna have to ask you to resign because I don't like the quaff of your hair. A poodle could do a better job running the company. At least the poodle would answer our not-at-all excessive and moronic demands on a minute-by-minute basis! A SLEEPING poodle![/unreasonable childish rant]

I have to stop there: I can't think of anything more immature to add. You'll see. Just wait a few more minutes and you'll see lots of those being posted. Sigh.

Oh! And the BEST part is when the updates DO come, they resort to THAT anyway because they didn't like the info presented!
JASONRJOHNSTON.COM | CINEMATOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR | EDITOR | COLORIST
RED Komodo | DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 | 2023 MacBook M2 Pro 14

PaulDelVecchio

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Jason R. Johnston wrote:[unreasonable childish rant] It's now 8:40am in Melbourne which, according to MY calculations means it's morning earlier today, which is the "tomorrow" so mentioned in Christine's update of the update. So where's the update? Don't tell us Grant comes in at 9am just because he's the CEO! If we're not given EXACT dates, times, numbers, algorithms, blood types, credit card numbers and bank account access plus tours of the facilities and tickets to Disneyland ..... Ima just gonna buy a RED! Petty, you're a nice guy and take cute pictures of you standing and holding all your (extremely late) products but, we're gonna have to ask you to resign because I don't like the quaff of your hair. A poodle could do a better job running the company. At least the poodle would answer our not-at-all excessive and moronic demands on a minute-by-minute basis! A SLEEPING poodle![/unreasonable childish rant]

I have to stop there: I can't think of anything more immature to add. You'll see. Just wait a few more minutes and you'll see lots of those being posted. Sigh.

Oh! And the BEST part is when the updates DO come, they resort to THAT anyway because they didn't like the info presented!

You know, at first, I thought you were being serious. I thought you were allowing yourself one rant, but now I see that that was a joke. Maybe I'm slow today. Either way, I have a feeling a lot of people aren't going to like the new update. They'll find something wrong. Those higher on pre-order lists might, but those near the back will probably still be upset.

We'll see!
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv

Dave Dominguez

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 5:55 am

Grants making you look bad, Christine.
https://vimeo.com/daviddominguez

adamantiumSTEEL

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 6:37 am

Jason R. Johnston wrote:[unreasonable childish rant] It's now 8:40am in Melbourne which, according to MY calculations means it's morning earlier today, which is the "tomorrow" so mentioned in Christine's update of the update. So where's the update? Don't tell us Grant comes in at 9am just because he's the CEO! If we're not given EXACT dates, times, numbers, algorithms, blood types, credit card numbers and bank account access plus tours of the facilities and tickets to Disneyland ..... Ima just gonna buy a RED! Petty, you're a nice guy and take cute pictures of you standing and holding all your (extremely late) products but, we're gonna have to ask you to resign because I don't like the quaff of your hair. A poodle could do a better job running the company. At least the poodle would answer our not-at-all excessive and moronic demands on a minute-by-minute basis! A SLEEPING poodle![/unreasonable childish rant]

Why do you even care what people post? I know your cool with waiting, so why does it irritate you that others are not so cool with waiting. It's kinda strange, that you cry about others crying. :roll: It's not like people can post anything other than their frustration, as they do not have the camera, and delays keep coming! Are you expecting actual content, when there is no content being created? Everything positive about the camera has already been talked about and talked about some more, not too many of us have first hand experience.

Someone as high and mighty as yourself shouldn't allow ones self to imitate whats thought to be moronic, wasting their own time, perpetuating the moronic, to end up looking moronic!
Chris Purinton

Jason R. Johnston

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 am

adamantiumSTEEL wrote:Why do you even care what people post?

Why do you?
JASONRJOHNSTON.COM | CINEMATOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR | EDITOR | COLORIST
RED Komodo | DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 | 2023 MacBook M2 Pro 14

lefty

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 7:35 am

Any update since we are here now?

Sean

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 am

Is 7:30PM in Melbourne your idea of Australian AM? I mean, I know everything is upside down down there so I guess time is flipped, too. :lol:
Sean Scannell
Ordered EF mount from B&H on 08/19/12. Received on 04/12/13.

spare

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 am

This is so disappointing...

Cuboirs

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:09 pm

the am of what day?

Return to Cinematography