Nikon ZF With BMCC

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

tonygw

Nikon ZF With BMCC

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:44 am

With the blackmagic camera can I use a nikon adaptor (like I would with a DSLR) to shoot with my set of Nikon ZF Primes?

Thanks

Christian Schmeer

Re: Nikon ZF With BMCC

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:58 am

tonygw wrote:With the blackmagic camera can I use a nikon adaptor (like I would with a DSLR) to shoot with my set of Nikon ZF Primes?

Thanks

Yes, technically any lens that can be adapted to a Canon DSLR can also be adapted to be used on the BMCC with EF mount. There are two different version of the BMCC though, one with MFT mount and one with EF mount. The EOSHD Review states: "What about the camera mount version – EF or MTF? The Canon EF mount is actually quite adaptable, you can use Contax Zeiss, Nikon F, M42, Leica R and Olympus OM. Your Canon EF and EFS lenses won’t work on the Micro Four Thirds mount without an adapter which does aperture control electronically and there’s not really a decent one of these on the market yet in my opinion. What is enticing for me about the Micro Four Thirds mount Blackmagic camera to come in 2013 is that I can use OCT 19 anamorphic LOMO lenses on it, as well as PL and Leica M, plus Canon FD glass. To use my Voigtlander 25mm F0.95 and SLR Magic 12mm F1.6 on this camera would also be great for low light."
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer

Return to Cinematography