Camera Shipping Update: 11/15

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Christian Schmeer

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/15

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Adrian Musto wrote:19 spots is really good. I've not asked my position because I only parted with my cash 2 months ago so I would be fairly far down the queue, but closer than I was at the time of placing the order I'm sure. I'm not in so much of a rush to be fair, as long as the camera is in my hands by April, I'm good!

When did you place your order?

I placed my order fairly late as well, around end of September. I am actually surprised that there are "only" 115 people in front of me in the queue (at this point). I would have thought that the amount of orders between April and September would have been far greater, especially with CVP, as they aren't exactly a small reseller.
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer

Bill Rich

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 5:16 pm

I orginally ordered in August at B&H.. then I realized there were hundreds of folks ahead of me.. so I canceled my order. Then I ordered at ADK pro audio/video in Kentucky. I'm #3 so I'm hoping I'll get my camera on thier first shipment.
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

bobby

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 6:34 pm

The Ikonoskop A-CAm has a justified price in my mind.
It has A CCD sensor , which in my humble opinion, makes a huge difference.
With the IMS MOUNT you can fit virtually any lens on this camera.
Over the years the Ikonoskop team and system had time to grow, learning by making mistakes, improving existing solutions.
The ergonomics are if you want supreme.
Everything is working well together, I think if you are not a big heavy Cooperation it takes some time, but there is also a big advantage of a small company : You canm have direct contact to the developers of the product, and in the case of IKONOSKOP they actually listen to the needs of their customers...
Cheers
bobby
Previous

Return to Cinematography