Data Management

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Gavin Benjamin

Data Management

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:41 am

Hey to those whom do have there cameras what are you all doing for data manage while on location etc.. im just trying to be red if it can integrate in my red work flow then great.
G.

Margus Voll

Re: Data Management

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 9:57 am

I think it really depends how much material you plan to shoot.

Lets say you would be cool with 4x 256 ssd's. Then you just need to backup all your ssd's
lets say to the large hdd (better yet on 2 hdd drives) and leave originals like they were shot.
I make 2 copies on separate drives on the set when i need to re shoot red cards so i have
1 backup if one drive fails.

I would get 2 thunderbolt adapters like talked in some threads and mac book pro with 2 tb ports and make copies on that.

just my 2 cents
Margus Voll, CSI

http://www.iconstudios.eu
margus (at) iconstudios.eu
IG: margusvoll

Gavin Benjamin

Re: Data Management

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Margus Voll wrote:I think it really depends how much material you plan to shoot.

Lets say you would be cool with 4x 256 ssd's. Then you just need to backup all your ssd's
lets say to the large hdd (better yet on 2 hdd drives) and leave originals like they were shot.
I make 2 copies on separate drives on the set when i need to re shoot red cards so i have
1 backup if one drive fails.

I would get 2 thunderbolt adapters like talked in some threads and mac book pro with 2 tb ports and make copies on that.

just my 2 cents

sounds good thank you
G.

Return to Cinematography