active 4/3 mount?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

nugat

active 4/3 mount?

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 10:24 am

Dear Blackmagic,
Is there any chance that we might be getting the 4/3 mount version of BMCC communicating the lens with the body?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

Re: active 4/3 mount?

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 pm

nugat wrote:Dear Blackmagic,
Is there any chance that we might be getting the 4/3 mount version of BMCC communicating the lens with the body?

This question has come up many times in the past, and the answer has thus far been "No".

You're welcome to add it to the feature request thread ("active MFT mount" has been posted there many times):
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=265

Cheers.

Ryan McCarvill

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 2:54 am

The rumor was a month or so ago that there was an active mount coming out mid next year, but due to the passive mount not being released yet I wouldn't expect one any time soon.

Lorenzo Straight

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 4:12 am

Ryan, I'm sorry but what is going on with you and the "Rumors". That word gets thrown around a lot by you, :lol: . Nothing personal. I'm just wondering where you get all your inside scoop information.

Ryan McCarvill wrote:

The rumor was a month or so ago that there was an active mount coming out mid next year, but due to the passive mount not being released yet I wouldn't expect one any time soon.
MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-4K-605-2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-5700HQ (Broadwell)-16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM-1TB 7200 rpm HDD + 128GB M.2 SSD-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU (6GB GDDR5)-15.6" UHD + 4K IPS Display-3840 x 2160
-Windows 8.1

Ryan McCarvill

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 4:17 am

Lorenzo Straight wrote:Ryan, I'm sorry but what is going on with you and the "Rumors". That word gets thrown around a lot by you, :lol: . Nothing personal. I'm just wondering where you get all your inside scoop information.

Ryan McCarvill wrote:

What else is there to talk about? I have no information, just reading what other people have said - the active MFT was rumored in October and was given a 61-80% chance of being correct: http://www.43rumors.com/ft4-new-blackma ... ming-2013/

Return to Cinematography