Incredibly Dissapointed With The Lack of Timely Updates

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

arknox

Re: Incredibly Dissapointed With The Lack of Timely Updates

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Interesting, I thought you were the one trying to take a pop at me.

I agree completely with your "the £75K cameras produce the picture quality you get from a £2K camera" statement. Arri and RED have charged what they could get away with charging, and this is exactly what you would expect. RED now know the game they've been playing and to compete they've slashed prices.

There's no doubt that the Alexa will destroy the BMC in many respects, probably almost all respects and it is a workhorse of a camera, a known entity that delivers and is ingrained into people as the camera of choice. However, I don't think it destroys the BMC in the one place that matters, the only place that the audience sees, image quality.

So for me, the wait can be as long as it needs to be, the BMC can have many inadequacies and quirks, but they are all worth working around for an image quality comparable to a camera that costs £75k, that I only have to pay £2K for.

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing or trying to start anything. Regards.

thejasonbee

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 11:52 pm

I'm taking a pop at my pop tarts with a beer. A good warm up to the bourbon.

JohnBengston

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 pm

So in fact I think we agree completely, and I apologise if my initial post may have been a little stronger than I wanted to put across. But I enjoy reading mhoods posts, and I do really worry about the reputation damaged done to a company who's products, I think are fantastic value for money, and would like to see more widely used.

Fingers crossed they'll sort their problems before NAB 2013, as I think the reputation damage could get worse if they continue to leave too many outstanding customer complaints hanging through that important industry period.

Jesuan Soriano

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 11:59 pm

it's here
Jesus Soriano
Previous

Return to Cinematography