Camera Shipping Update: 12/14

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ruben Fernandez

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 12/14

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 12:44 am

What about the ACTIVE mft mount rumors roaming around?

bhook

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 12:49 am

Nothing to them...ain't going to happen in this release.

PaulDelVecchio

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 am

mhood wrote:Nothing to them...ain't going to happen in this release.

So Marc, how are you feeling, man? Hoping to get yours in January or so? I'm not sure where you are in your list, but I'm #7 and I'm hoping Feb. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I hope I'm not.
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv

Bill Rich

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 4:07 am

I know Paul! I'm very excited that I'll be betting my BMCC soon! it would be cool to get it in January.. but if I get it in February, then I'll have a great birthday present! To me this camera is worth the wait!
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

Christian Schmeer

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 am

Who knows...maybe BMD actually has some seeeerious production capacity we don't know about ;)
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer

bhook

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 12:06 pm

PaulDelVecchio wrote:So Marc, how are you feeling, man? Hoping to get yours in January or so? I'm not sure where you are in your list, but I'm #7 and I'm hoping Feb. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I hope I'm not.

I was number 8 on my list last month when I checked but I'm not sure about the refund of my payment that they talked about. I guess I'll be getting my $3K back before January...I need to call them again and find out more.

This may sound silly Paul but I'm still having second thoughts. I'm bothered that I still don't know if any of the basic firmware "fixes" will be done by the time my camera ships (i.e., VUs, f/stop, record time, exFat, etc.).

I'm also bothered that I still see no future for Thunderbolt on Lenovo laptops. Sure, there's a model out now with TB but the screen display won't work with UltraScopes and this model lacks the horsepower for CS6.

I'm still bugged by my lack of understanding the RAW workflow. I really suspect that I'll need a whole new system and that I may never get Resolve to work on a laptop.

I'm still thinking about a C100 and a Ninja 2 so my workflow doesn't change right now. I actually have a shoot in January that really needs things my 7D won't do (long recording for one) and the C100 is sounding perfect. I'm haunted by the thought that I should go ahead and cough up the money for the C100 and put it to work immediately in my 7D workflow and w8 until lots of BMCs are out there being used for my types of work.

I'm a person who likes to "know" what I'm buying. I don't like surprises and got'chas. After nearly eight months of gathering info the forum way, I'm coming to the conclusion that I won't really find out about the BMC from BMD. I'll need to hear the consensus of the working users after everybody has their camera (minus NDAs) and is talking real world real talk. I'm still indecisive and I should be thrilled. :(

rick.lang

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 2:20 pm

mhood wrote:
PaulDelVecchio wrote:So Marc, how are you feeling, man? Hoping to get yours in January or so? I'm not sure where you are in your list, but I'm #7 and I'm hoping Feb. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I hope I'm not.

I'm still thinking about a C100 and a Ninja 2 so my workflow doesn't change right now. I actually have a shoot in January that really needs things my 7D won't do (long recording for one) and the C100 is sounding perfect. I'm haunted by the thought that I should go ahead and cough up the money for the C100 and put it to work immediately in my 7D workflow and w8 until lots of BMCs are out there being used for my types of work.

I'm a person who likes to "know" what I'm buying. I don't like surprises and got'chas. After nearly eight months of gathering info the forum way, I'm coming to the conclusion that I won't really find out about the BMC from BMD. I'll need to hear the consensus of the working users after everybody has their camera (minus NDAs) and is talking real world real talk. I'm still indecisive and I should be thrilled. :(

Marc, sounds like the premise for another reluctant bridegroom movie script. You can jump off the cliff of bachelorhood into a marriage now or just get cold feet and not show up at the church as you and the best man take off for an adventure in Las Vegas! But you know how that movie is going to end, don't you? She will haunt you while you are on that diversion. She loves you anyway and will wait for you in 2013. You'll be back.

Seriously, I think you will find solutions to those issues because you know you want the BMCC. Until your order materializes, rent a Canon C100. After all, renting won't give you a social disease! And we'll still respect you. I don't want too many surprises either, but I don't plan to purchase until later in 2013 due to other budget priorities. Certainly no matter how much I learn here, I'm going to make a purchase with eyes wide shut; because of the image quality, other considerations will be overcome.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

PaulDelVecchio

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Christian Schmeer wrote:Who knows...maybe BMD actually has some seeeerious production capacity we don't know about ;)

I honestly think they do. I think the bottleneck, if you can call it that, is the manufacturing capacity of the sensor supplier.

Christian Schmeer

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 pm

PaulDelVecchio wrote:
Christian Schmeer wrote:Who knows...maybe BMD actually has some seeeerious production capacity we don't know about ;)

I honestly think they do. I think the bottleneck, if you can call it that, is the manufacturing capacity of the sensor supplier.

Well, now that they are getting good batches, let's hope this whole process is going to speed up.

29 out of 30 sensors from the test batch were good according to the BMD guy in this video at 1h 49min 20sec
www.christianschmeer.com

sean mclennan

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 4:02 pm

mhood wrote:

I was number 8 on my list last month when I checked but I'm not sure about the refund of my payment that they talked about. I guess I'll be getting my $3K back before January...I need to call them again and find out more.

This may sound silly Paul but I'm still having second thoughts. I'm bothered that I still don't know if any of the basic firmware "fixes" will be done by the time my camera ships (i.e., VUs, f/stop, record time, exFat, etc.).

I'm also bothered that I still see no future for Thunderbolt on Lenovo laptops. Sure, there's a model out now with TB but the screen display won't work with UltraScopes and this model lacks the horsepower for CS6.

I'm still bugged by my lack of understanding the RAW workflow. I really suspect that I'll need a whole new system and that I may never get Resolve to work on a laptop.

Sounds to me like you have your future figured out Marc. Short of costing more and lacking RAW, the C100 is a great camera for it's price point. If you're dead set against working on Macs, it would also be a smart decision, as BM is very married to the mac workflow.

I struggled for a long time trying to find an windows based laptop that could do everything I needed it to do...I have yet to find one. I edit on a PC at home. A custom built machine that destroys the Mac Pro Tower I have at work. At 1/3 the cost. I'd love to have a windows laptop...but unfortunately, it looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on a retina macbook pro in the new year. Not "just" for the BMCC, but mostly.

In the end, this is the first BMCC. Imagine how refined the second gen model will be? If you can use the C100 now, I would say do it.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 4:52 pm

mhood wrote:... I'm also bothered that I still see no future for Thunderbolt on Lenovo laptops. Sure, there's a model out now with TB but the screen display won't work with UltraScopes and this model lacks the horsepower for CS6. ...

Speaking of Thunderbolt: I don't own any T-Bolt gear myself yet, but the following post over on the BMCuser forum gives me pause. Obviously it's just one semi-annonomous person's "experience", but yikes. (Forum rules here don't allow me to provide a link, regrets.):

===================
Martin posted in a thread titled "Using Ultrascope" on 12/16/12:
"Just wanted to share my experience with thunderbolt: At work we've fried about 3 or 4 thunderbolt cables so far (across various MBP's), doing nothing other than transferring data (but all day long). The cable gets hot! In one case it fried the thunderbolt port on the Main Board on the MBP, the thunderbolt cable itself AND also fried a Seagate GoFlex thunderbolt adapter. So I would avoid leaving it plugged in. Also, thunderbolt cables are very short so you wouldn't get a very long run (in case you needed to)."
===================

Hopefully actual BMCC users won't have the kind of bad luck this fellow alleges. YMMV. Cheers.

P.S.: Before someone accuses me of being an Apple hater, please note: I've been using Macs daily since literally before the beginning, so chill. :lol:

baforest

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:
P.S.: Before someone accuses me of being an Apple hater, please note: I've been using Macs daily since literally before the beginning, so chill. :lol:

PETER IS A MAC USER!!!!! What a loser!!! Lol. Just pickin'. I debate the usefulness of Mac often. Honestly, it's all up to the person. The usefulness isn't really different if you know how to tweak each individual system. Also, many of the "pro Mac" arguements I've managed to have the complete opposite.
Bruce Forest
Ordered: Sept. 7, 2012

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Peter I use Thunderbolt daily an intensively transferring files, editing and formatting etc and I havent had one single issue. I have fried numerous ssd drives via a USB 3.0 dock, however.

Ruben Fernandez

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 6:26 pm

IMHO laptops are not the way to go using Resolve (or any professional color grading tool) simply because the screens (I'm looking at you Retina display) are way too contrasty with the glossy finish they have to accurately judge color. MAYBE the HP 17 inch laptop with a dreamcolor display is a step in the right direction, but it's a PC. If the laptop, or (preferably) a powerful desktop is hooked to a professional display, then yes, you can accurately grade. But a laptop hooked to such a device isn't exactly portable so it's not good news to people who want to "grade on the go". Hope Apple reissues a 17 inch laptop with a matte display. Then I could start thinking again about "grading on the go" (quote on quote because, for example, how can you control the light that falls on your screen, from say, florescent souces on an airport?)

Marcel Beck

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Offtopic as usual,

I wonder how long it will be before we see the BMC go through what the ARRI Alexa did in this situation... CAUTION.. Viewer discretion advised! :lol:

Ontopic

I hope the january update comes sooner rather than later, I'm nervously waiting at the door step..!! :cry:
Marcel Beck
Cinematographer & Producer
follow me: @mxbstudios

rick.lang

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:
mhood wrote:... I'm also bothered that I still see no future for Thunderbolt on Lenovo laptops. Sure, there's a model out now with TB but the screen display won't work with UltraScopes and this model lacks the horsepower for CS6. ...

Speaking of Thunderbolt: I don't own any T-Bolt gear myself yet, but the following post over on the BMCuser forum gives me pause. Obviously it's just one semi-annonomous person's "experience", but yikes. (Forum rules here don't allow me to provide a link, regrets.):

===================
Martin posted in a thread titled "Using Ultrascope" on 12/16/12:
"Just wanted to share my experience with thunderbolt: At work we've fried about 3 or 4 thunderbolt cables so far (across various MBP's), doing nothing other than transferring data (but all day long). The cable gets hot! In one case it fried the thunderbolt port on the Main Board on the MBP, the thunderbolt cable itself AND also fried a Seagate GoFlex thunderbolt adapter. So I would avoid leaving it plugged in. Also, thunderbolt cables are very short so you wouldn't get a very long run (in case you needed to)."

Peter I haven't checked in the last few hours on the other forum but the person who posted that had not responded to people asking what cables he was using. This first generation of Thunderbolt uses copper wire whereas the future generations will need to go optical I believe. Now we need to know who made the cables that are overheating to see if it is related to the thickness of the copper in the cable or some other cause. A thicker wire is going to be cooler. It could well be that Apple supplies the thickest cable or some other vendor; good to know if we can nail this down.

Rick Lang
Rick Lang

Eric Santiago

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Wait what does the Thunderbolt have to do with BMCC?
I thoughts its only for signal during UltraScope use?
Not transferring large data.
I use the basic Apple with rMBP and Sonnet Echo Express and the Magma ExpressBox 3T.
Running a RED ROCKET with a few Sonnet Tempo SSD Pro (dual 480GB SSDs in RAID0) and so far no sparks :)

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi Eric: Understood. As we know, the BMCC doesn't do unlimited data transfer via T-Bolt.

I only cited that post from BMCuser because he reported having multiple (non-BMCC) TB gear-frying incidents. Could be user error, or bad cables, or funky hardware; I don't know.

Meanwhile, it's funny how these days the BMCC's ability to transfer live 10-bit 1080p 4:2:2 uncompressed video via TB to Ultrascope & MediaExpress is "not transferring large data". I know what you mean, but it's amazing how things have progressed so far, so fast. Cheers.

MattStone

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 2:29 am

Marcel Beck wrote:I hope the january update comes sooner rather than later, I'm nervously waiting at the door step..!! :cry:

On past experience, the January update will be made around Feb 2nd, just after the forum turns a tad angry again.

Keep in mind production and shipping are not the same thing. Could be not until Feb-March that people start seeing the camera in numbers, longer if something else crops up. If production is in Melbourne, then shipping by air - around 24-48 hours. Shipping by.. um ship.. around 3-6 weeks.

On the up side, progress is progress.

Christian Schmeer

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 am

MattStone wrote:
Marcel Beck wrote:I hope the january update comes sooner rather than later, I'm nervously waiting at the door step..!! :cry:

On past experience, the January update will be made around Feb 2nd, just after the forum turns a tad angry again.

Keep in mind production and shipping are not the same thing. Could be not until Feb-March that people start seeing the camera in numbers, longer if something else crops up. If production is in Melbourne, then shipping by air - around 24-48 hours. Shipping by.. um ship.. around 3-6 weeks.

On the up side, progress is progress.

I still have faith :| :mrgreen:
www.christianschmeer.com

Sean

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 am

Anybody see John Brawley's most recent twitter update?
New firmware for the BMCC about to drop.

"@brawlster: New #BMCC firmware is about to be released. How's exfat support and aperture display sound for starters ?"

"@brawlster: There's also a nifty new #timelapse function #BMCC"

"@brawlster: Also you can now toggle clean feed, frame lines and status on the HDSDI output. #BMCC"

I'm sure we'll hear much more about it soon.

Now if I could just get the dang camera in my hands, I'd be set!

Edit: No audio metering just yet.
Sean Scannell
Ordered EF mount from B&H on 08/19/12. Received on 04/12/13.

Jesuan Soriano

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 am

Marco Solorio posted this on Oneriver Media Facebook

"So I received permission from Blackmagic Design to talk about the latest Cinema Camera 1.2 beta firmware update I've been testing the last couple of weeks. It includes aperture readout on display, 2.5K rez time-lapse recording, exFAT format support, improved CinemaDNG file naming, better overlay options on SDI output, fix on RP188 output over SDI, and my Canon 35mm f/1.4L lens is working again! Gotta say, these are really nice improvements, as I was secretly using them on our shoot this past weekend (my crew didn't even know!). Yes, there are some wish list items missing in this release that I'd love to see, but I'm sure many features are still to come. And even if you don't have your camera just yet, at least you'll get it with added features we've been requesting and testing by the time it gets in your hands. More to follow! Cheers!"

So it's a good begining....

JEsus
Jesus Soriano

Christian Schmeer

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Sean wrote:"@brawlster: There's also a nifty new #timelapse function #BMCC"

I wonder at what rate it takes the pictures or if it is even a low-FPS timelapse function?
www.christianschmeer.com

Abobakr M. Alshiblie

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Christian Schmeer wrote:
Sean wrote:"@brawlster: There's also a nifty new #timelapse function #BMCC"

I wonder at what rate it takes the pictures or if it is even a low-FPS timelapse function?

it captures a single frame every sec from 1 sec to 10 secs, and every minute from 1 minute to 10 minutes. They will add some additional frame rates between 10 seconds and 1 minute in the final release.

source from user "thegregferris" from bmcuser forum

Marcel Beck

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Thats good news, especially aperture reading!
Marcel Beck
Cinematographer & Producer
follow me: @mxbstudios

gametavern

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 am

Two people I follow on twitter got their BMCC in the last couple days. Are they shipping?

PaulDelVecchio

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 am

gametavern wrote:Two people I follow on twitter got their BMCC in the last couple days. Are they shipping?

I have deleted my comment because of inaccurate info.
Last edited by PaulDelVecchio on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

popcornflix

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 8:47 am

Grant Petty wrote:
As for the micro four thirds model, it's ready to go, however the problem is I feel until we are shipping a whole bunch of EF model cameras, there is little point building any of the MFT model. So we will ship as many as we can and then perhaps see where we are mid Jan and do a few MFT models then.

I urge Black Magic Design to build MFT models at the same time as EF models. Perhaps at a 2:1 ratio, meaning two EFs for every one MFT. Please start manufacturing the MFT camera now.

BMD has many customers who ordered the camera in April, and then changed from EF to MFT as soon as MFT was available. Many of us have been waiting as long as EF customers, and we showed faith in BMD by ordering the MFT before footage or much info was available.

Please start shipping MFT cameras right away. Thank you.

Costa Louvieris

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 am

popcornflix wrote:
Grant Petty wrote:
As for the micro four thirds model, it's ready to go, however the problem is I feel until we are shipping a whole bunch of EF model cameras, there is little point building any of the MFT model. So we will ship as many as we can and then perhaps see where we are mid Jan and do a few MFT models then.

I urge Black Magic Design to build MFT models at the same time as EF models. Perhaps at a 2:1 ratio, meaning two EFs for every one MFT. Please start manufacturing the MFT camera now.

BMD has many customers who ordered the camera in April, and then changed from EF to MFT as soon as MFT was available. Many of us have been waiting as long as EF customers, and we showed faith in BMD by ordering the MFT before footage or much info was available.

Please start shipping MFT cameras right away. Thank you.

I understand where you are coming from, but this is BMD we are talking about - Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me - comes to mind.

The MFT was NEVER going to be on time - the EF was late when they announced the MFT model, so the MFT was ALWAYS going to be late.

It was the reason why I didn't switch... and I'm not the only one that didn't switch for this reason.

John Bartman

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 9:04 am

Yes, and we were informed we could switch to MTF without penalties!

Costa Louvieris

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 9:17 am

bartman wrote:Yes, and we were informed we could switch to MTF without penalties!

Again - I don't know how this was possible as BMD only deliver to retailers and not the end user. If they did indeed say this, then it would always be impossible to keep this promise as is always the case with BMD. Again fool me once...

Don't get me wrong - BMD SHOULD keep their promise, but history tells us different stories. I feel for you guy's I really do:(

Edit - btw I have been fooled twice by BMD too (and I'm still be fooled with both devices). First with the Hyperdeck Studio Pro, which we still haven't received and secondly (but in quick succession) with the BMCC, which we still haven't received... both ordered in April of this year.

Christian Schmeer

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am

I really wish BMD could positively surprise us from now on. It would make up for all the let downs we encountered so far.
www.christianschmeer.com

bhook

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 pm

bartman wrote:Yes, and we were informed we could switch to MTF without penalties!

IIRC, the "without penalties" thing meant that if you were number 8 on the EF preorder list, you would be no more than number 8 on the MFT preorder list. Did any of you MFTs seriously think it would ship on time in December? Really?

Margus Voll

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm

I have concidered to have mft onece it is shipping as my second unit to use with arri primes :D
Margus Voll, CSI

http://www.iconstudios.eu
margus (at) iconstudios.eu
IG: margusvoll

Adam Rainer

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 pm

I've realised that I really need the MFT mount for PL Primes. Looking forward to this as soon as possible.

Cheers :)

Christian Schmeer

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Adam777 wrote:I've realised that I really need the MFT mount for PL Primes. Looking forward to this as soon as possible.

Why is that, got some already? :)
www.christianschmeer.com

Bill Rich

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 5:10 pm

I just got off the phone with my reseller and they said they are expecting my camera to be shipped to me in January. Once they get confirmation from the U.S. BMD distributer, they will be calling me with the build date and estimated delivery date of my camera!
This has been a long time coming! I'm getting excited!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bill Rich
Los Angeles, California

melissa lancaster

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Awesome Bill!!!! Do you know what number in line you are with your dealer?? Im trying to figure out where
someone who is 20 or 30 in the queue (me) will land. Thanks :)

Bill Rich wrote:I just got off the phone with my reseller and they said they are expecting my camera to be shipped to me in January. Once they get confirmation from the U.S. BMD distributer, they will be calling me with the build date and estimated delivery date of my camera!
This has been a long time coming! I'm getting excited!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bill Rich

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks Melissa,
I believe I am number 3 in line. I purchased the camera at ADK pro audio/video in Kentucky where there were only a few orders at the time i pre-paid for my BMCC.

I'm not sure if this information will help you determine when you will get your camera. I would suggest calling your reseller who hopefully has a good relationship with the BMD distributer in your area and can give you an estimated delivery date.
Bill Rich
Los Angeles, California

Jason.

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 pm

What a surreal day.

I headed off to shoot this morning having accepted it would be the middle of January at the earliest before I would see my camera when out of the blue this afternoon I got a call from Wendy's Broadcast in Manchester UK to say my camera was sitting on their desk waiting for me to collect it!

Once I'd worked out it wasn't my camera assistant having a joke I then realised I wouldn't be able to get to their offices before they closed.

Now, Wendy's Broadcast is not a huge company but they are passionate about their customers and the service they provide.
Wendy understands more than most the ups and downs of the freelance world and in a moment of outstanding customer service she offered to take the camera home with her so I could collect it from her this evening.

So.......from a day that started with me knowing I wouldn't see my camera before 2013, I am actually sat here looking at it now.

Happy Christmas to me!

Jason

Bill Rich

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Jason
What a happy Christmas surprise!
Bill Rich
Los Angeles, California

Christian Schmeer

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 am

Jason. wrote:What a surreal day.

I headed off to shoot this morning having accepted it would be the middle of January at the earliest before I would see my camera when out of the blue this afternoon I got a call from Wendy's Broadcast in Manchester UK to say my camera was sitting on their desk waiting for me to collect it!

Once I'd worked out it wasn't my camera assistant having a joke I then realised I wouldn't be able to get to their offices before they closed.

Now, Wendy's Broadcast is not a huge company but they are passionate about their customers and the service they provide.
Wendy understands more than most the ups and downs of the freelance world and in a moment of outstanding customer service she offered to take the camera home with her so I could collect it from her this evening.

So.......from a day that started with me knowing I wouldn't see my camera before 2013, I am actually sat here looking at it now.

Happy Christmas to me!

Jason

Jason, it's great to hear someone from the UK got another camera :) Do you know if many people ordered with your reseller/which spot in line you had? It seems like BMCC shipments are gaining momentum. Keep it going BMD! :)
www.christianschmeer.com

Rob Burgos

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 12:53 am

Anyone on the B&H wait list get their camera yet?
Rob Burgos
colorist/editor/producer
full circle post nyc

rick.lang

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 1:00 am

Jason. wrote:What a surreal day.

Wendy's Broadcast is not a huge company but they are passionate about their customers and the service they provide.

Jason

At least two lessons learned. First! it would appear that even smaller dealers are getting the cameras so likely it's determined by the date the dealer placed their orders (which could even precede the date any customers ordered it). And second, Wendy is a jewel and she's made you a lifetime client!

Rick Lang
Rick Lang

baforest

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 am

Rob Burgos wrote:Anyone on the B&H wait list get their camera yet?

Not yet, but I ordered end of August. I'm thinkin of contacting them tomorrow to ask them when they think they will be able to have current pre-orders filled.
Bruce Forest

Rob Burgos

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 1:15 am

baforest wrote:

Not yet, but I ordered end of August. I'm thinkin of contacting them tomorrow to ask them when they think they will be able to have current pre-orders filled.

Cool. Let me know what they say. Thanks.
Rob Burgos
colorist/editor/producer
full circle post nyc

baforest

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 1:40 am

Rob Burgos wrote:
baforest wrote:

Cool. Let me know what they say. Thanks.

I'll be out screaming to the heavens when I get it. You might hear the echo. lol
Bruce Forest

c.carlos.n

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 1:49 am

B&H, I ordered mid July and they will not speculate when and how. so I wait in pain!!!!
Carlos E Núñez

baforest

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 am

c.carlos.n wrote:B&H, I ordered mid July and they will not speculate when and how. so I wait in pain!!!!

At least I know I'm not the only one having issue with them. Their "Company Policy" is crap toward customers. I'll not pre-order through them again.
Bruce Forest

Jason Greene

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 3:06 am

baforest wrote:
c.carlos.n wrote:B&H, I ordered mid July and they will not speculate when and how. so I wait in pain!!!!

At least I know I'm not the only one having issue with them. Their "Company Policy" is crap toward customers. I'll not pre-order through them again.

Really?

Surely you don't want them to ship you a camera that they do not have? You seem to be upset and bashing B&H for not giving out information that they likely do not have. Wow.

Even if they had been told something by BMD, I think they would be quite foolish to start setting customer expectations based on that information (especially if it was as, um, precise as the information in this thread). You're here on this forum. You have seen the roller coaster of hopes and hopes dashed that has gone on here with regards to shipping. Why would B&H want to have any part in that?

B&H is typically appropriately conservative in setting customer expectations and almost never promises something unless they know they can deliver it. B&H has an excellent reputation for customer service.

Perhaps some other companies could learn a thing or two from B&H.

Folks here know that B&H is a quality shop. Having bought 10's of thousands of dollars of equipment from them over the last 6-7 years, they have always exceeded my expectations with selection, shipping, and customer service. I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who is loyal to B&H and for good reason. To see such a silly comment to conclude that their policy is "crap towards customers" is just plain ridiculous in my opinion.
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography