Camera Shipping Update: 12/14

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Alex Tissot

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 12/14

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Jarateng wrote:Truth be told ... BMD needs to give a comprehensive update NOWWWW !

+1

I think that:

"it might be a good idea if BM post another update EARLY January to update everyone on how production is progressing..." 12/14
https://vimeo.com/user5198817

Kevin Gale

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Does this camera actually exist?????? :?

Ruben Fernandez

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 am

OMG Grant Petty please post something to put a pacifier on these complaining babies!

Alex Tissot

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Hello Christine Peterson and Grant Petty,

if you sometimes read your forum, what about talk your costumers and dealers as you promised!

July 2012 is very far now...

Your "Limited Shipping" of the BCC EF and "Shipping in December" of the BCC MFT from you official site, need to be explained most often...

Your (misleading) advertising is a pity for Blackmagic!

Have another good day.

Regards

@lex.

bhook

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Ruben Fernandez wrote:OMG Grant Petty please post something to put a pacifier on these complaining babies!

That is hilarious! You insult folks who are asking for an update by calling them complaining babies in the same sentence in which you ask Grant for an update.

:lol:

Luke Armstrong

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Sorry Marc, you're right! I misread that 'see where we are mid-Jan' as being when to expect an update.

I've all but given up all expectations about 'when' with this camera now, as CVP - the UK's answer to B&H in the US received a a delivery of a whopping TWO cameras the other day, in addition to the one they received previously. Two. Yes '2'. Wow...

They've got over 300 orders to fulfil.... How many has B&H received now?
Luke Armstrong - Digital Compositor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4274789/

baforest

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 pm

mhood wrote:
Ruben Fernandez wrote:OMG Grant Petty please post something to put a pacifier on these complaining babies!

That is hilarious! You insult folks who are asking for an update by calling them complaining babies in the same sentence in which you ask Grant for an update.

I found that funny too, Marc, but it's nice to see he's not demanding in capital letters saying "now" like so many are doing.
Bruce Forest
Ordered: Sept. 7, 2012

Ruben Fernandez

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 2:44 pm

mhood wrote:

Ever hear of a "double entendre"? No need to take me too seriously on this matter.

The fact is that all these delays and problems (the sensor contamination issue, etc) are a consequence of being an early adopter. When RED announced their first camera people accused them it was vaporware remember? The 5D Mark II when it first appeared had a LOT of features missing that today we take for granted (manual exposure for example). I am not trying to apologize for blackmagic BUT you can't be realistic in expecting a revolutionary product like this (the raw capability at the price point, because for everything else I think there are superior cameras) to not run into certain issues.

In this case, shipping delays. So what? You are really telling me you expect to be using state of the art camera tech at consumer prices and NOT run into issues? Think again. What we are seeing are the normal growing pains of a breakthrough camera tech. That is what i really meant with my joke. So grow up, assume it, and shoot with what you have available right now, instead of complaining why the cameras are not ready yet (they won't be available in quantity in a LONG time, given the evidence at hand, so relax).

Also given a choice, I would rather not have a camera at all, or shoot with an HDSLR, than have one with a manufacturing problem (the sensor contamination issue).
Last edited by Ruben Fernandez on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerryBruck

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Yeah Marc, grow up.

Simon Shasha

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Anything new in regards to MFT model?

bhook

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 3:54 pm

JerryBruck wrote:Yeah Marc, grow up.

Too l8! I'm already old. :lol:

JerryBruck

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Grow up Simon.

JerryBruck

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 4:02 pm

@mhood: You would say that, wouldn't you? Anyway I don't believe it.

ChrisMV

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Just had a chat with B&H

" I apologize for the delay with this camera. We are expecting the backorder item in 4-6 weeks"

" I apologize, but I do not know how may will be coming in 4-6 weeks. All I can see is that we should be getting a shipment at that time."

Hmmmmm...

thejasonbee

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 5:51 pm

ChrisMV wrote:Just had a chat with B&H

" I apologize for the delay with this camera. We are expecting the backorder item in 4-6 weeks"

" I apologize, but I do not know how may will be coming in 4-6 weeks. All I can see is that we should be getting a shipment at that time."

Hmmmmm...

They said, "backorder item" as in one. I would laugh, but it's probably not far from the truth.

ChrisMV

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 7:01 pm

thejasonbee wrote:
ChrisMV wrote:Just had a chat with B&H

Hmmmmm...

They said, "backorder item" as in one. I would laugh, but it's probably not far from the truth.

Lol, that's what I thought!

Simon Shasha

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

JerryBruck wrote:Grow up Simon.

Huh?? I think you directed that at the wrong person (or are you being sarcastic or something?) - I dunno what the hell is going on here, or what on Earth you guys are talking about with this "grow up" thing, all I asked was; "Anything new in regards to MFT model?"

Ruben Fernandez

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Simon Shasha wrote:
JerryBruck wrote:Grow up Simon.

Huh?? I think you directed that at the wrong person (or are you being sarcastic or something?) - I dunno what the hell is going on here, or what on Earth you guys are talking about with this "grow up" thing, all I asked was; "Anything new in regards to MFT model?"

Don't pay attention, all those jokes are my fault really :D

thejasonbee

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Grow up, Jason Bee.

Xtreemtec

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Guys grow all up please.. 2 page's of off-topic posts.. :roll:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

bhook

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Grow up Xtreemtec! Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

joe_colorist

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey Grant, how much longer do we have to hang on ???

baforest

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 11:57 pm

joe_colorist wrote:Hey Grant, how much longer do we have to hang on ???

Just assume the Marine Corps time frame... We'll get update between now and never. You will never be wrong with that prediction.

Just like... We'll get our cameras between now and never. :P Sorry.
Bruce Forest
Ordered: Sept. 7, 2012

Alex Tissot

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 10:05 am

"Hi,

Ok good news everyone as the test run of sensors have just been built into cameras and they look good. Very good. So we have just given the sensor supplier the go ahead to commence volume production of the sensors and we hope to start getting them within the next week to start building cameras. How many cameras? I am not sure, as we have all stopped production and so we all need to restart production and see how many they can produce. However we will be working hard to build as many cameras as possible over the next few weeks.

I hope people start to see more cameras shipping, but it might be a good idea if I post another update early January to update everyone on how production is progressing. "

WHAT'S NEW ???

cajunrory

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 pm

It would be nice to know what is happening, ie when can we expect camera based on when we ordered, so we are not forced to pay twice what a Black Magic is worth on the secondary/black market Ebay. Unless that is what you are looking to do. Just my two cents.

Richard Martz

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 am

I appreciate the information. I had been waiting since July to order this exciting camera. But I could hang on no longer because of impending projects. So I purchased a Hyperdeck to begin recording Uncompressed HD with a camera I already owned. But I'll still order one as soon as they are widely available and the product is consistent.

Richard Martz
MagicMartz Media, Atlanta, GA
Richard Martz
MagicMartz Media
Brik Power Batteries
USA, Atlanta, GA
rmartz@magicmartz.com
www.magicmartz.com
770-598-6509

Alex Tissot

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am

"another update early January to update everyone"......

c.carlos.n

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 pm

got this from B&H today;

One or more items from this purchase are still out of stock as we haven't
yet received the merchandise from our supplier. We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep you posted periodically.

We appreciate your patience and patronage. Feel free to contact us with any
questions or comments about this order.

Thank you.

so I still wait
Carlos E Núñez

ckmayeux

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 2:29 pm

I think everyone should update their signature to include their pre order date and retailer. I will start...
Ordered From: B&H
Order Date: 09/16/2012
Delivery: Not yet....

Grégory Weisert

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 2:41 pm

but for what?

Albert N. Romero

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 pm

i have a better idea, why not put on the signature cats pictures?

ottis41

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 3:31 pm

WOW almost vaporware, with a slush date! I must say this product definably goes up against any apple product release and how many people want to get their hands on these things. Must be worth waiting for.
I am ready for the 3 I orderd back in june first, then again in november.

frankarybicki

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm

The BMCCs are shipping!!! My rental unit is scheduled to arrive Monday, 1/14/2013. If the tests prove out, my 7D will either be converted back to a still camera, shedding its Mosiac Engineering VAF-7D, or benched for backup and B roll. I am so psyched.

Thomas Schumacher

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Congrats, where is your rental service located? Center of the world?
https://www.gernemehrfilm.de/

frankarybicki

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 pm

LensRentals.com, Cordova TN, United States

Art Roberts

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Just spoke to a B&H agent and requested confirmation of the 4-6 weeks shipment date, and he expressed a surprise at where people are getting their information. He said there is still no word from BMD on that. He however told me they have received about 900 orders of the BMCC to date. For somebody who ordered in mid-July, he couldn't tell me approximately where in line I would be in the 900 enthusiasts. As much as I want these cameras in our hands, we don't want to burst the few bubbles left.

Taikonaut

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 am

BMC probably shipped about a couple of dozen cameras in total since Grant's last update and people mistakenly thinks production and shipping have started by the container full. In reality less than 0.5% of the orders are filled and the cameras recently shipped are the first trial run demo units originally manufactured last summer that had problem sensors replaced.

John Brawley

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 am

Taikonaut wrote:BMC probably shipped about a couple of dozen cameras in total since Grant's last update

Totally wrong.

Taikonaut wrote:and the cameras recently shipped are the first trial run demo units originally manufactured last summer that had problem sensors replaced.

And this comment is so utterly wrong. The fact you keep on propagating this bs leads me to believe you have ulterior motives. I've directly refuted this before and you keep on insisting that somehow all the BMCC's in the wild are 'DEMO" cameras and BMD and are a s--- Australian company who know nothing about manufacturing. Yet somehow you still want one ( I find this a delicious irony) and still post these totally misleading posts even when evidence says otherwise.

I know where the first handful of prototypes were made, and I know where the production cameras are made.

jb
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

adamroberts

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 am

Taikonaut wrote:BMC probably shipped about a couple of dozen cameras in total since Grant's last update and people mistakenly thinks production and shipping have started by the container full. In reality less than 0.5% of the orders are filled and the cameras recently shipped are the first trial run demo units originally manufactured last summer that had problem sensors replaced.

Mine arrive just before Christmas. It shipped with firmware 1.1 and the CD included the 1.1 update.

There is nothing to lead me to believe this is a demo or refurbished unit. So I think you are making s--- up...

I'm pretty sure more than a "couple of dozen" (24??) have been shipped. Not everyone who has received a camera is on this forum nor do all of them broadcast that they have one as they are probably too busy shooting with them.

bhook

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 am

So how many have shipped? What's the state of production? Where are they in preorder fulfillment? :?

Fabián Matas

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 pm

adamroberts wrote:I'm pretty sure more than a "couple of dozen" (24??) have been shipped. Not everyone who has received a camera is on this forum nor do all of them broadcast that they have one as they are probably too busy shooting with them.

I'm 100% that the "there is no BMCC in my country thing" have something to do with it. Also I'm not sure but what about the big production companies (I mean the ones that buy a lot of cameras etc..) Maybe the distributor gives them some preference before the reseller, not sure but...

Taikonaut

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 1:21 pm

John Brawley wrote:
Taikonaut wrote:BMC probably shipped about a couple of dozen cameras in total since Grant's last update

Totally wrong.

Taikonaut wrote:and the cameras recently shipped are the first trial run demo units originally manufactured last summer that had problem sensors replaced.

And this comment is so utterly wrong. The fact you keep on propagating this bs leads me to believe you have ulterior motives. I've directly refuted this before and you keep on insisting that somehow all the BMCC's in the wild are 'DEMO" cameras and BMD and are a s--- Australian company who know nothing about manufacturing. Yet somehow you still want one ( I find this a delicious irony) and still post these totally misleading posts even when evidence says otherwise.

I know where the first handful of prototypes were made, and I know where the production cameras are made. You're talking out your ----.

jb

Apart from a load of propaganda BS from you Mr Brawley, I don't recall calling BMD "a s--- Australian company" as you put it. If you can qoute me on this I take my word back but you could'nt. It was YOU who says that is how they do things in Australia by not fullfilling promises which YOU had mention on another forum. My motive is nothing more than some transparency from BMD and fulfilling its promises. Your word carries no more weight than mine because it is upto BMD to fulfill its obligation, not your association with the company and your alleged insider knowledge. They maybe your pals but I'm their customer so there!!!!
Last edited by Taikonaut on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Taikonaut

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 1:24 pm

mhood wrote:So how many have shipped? What's the state of production? Where are they in preorder fulfillment? :?

By the container full and ramp up full production if you listen to apologists.

By the trickle if you listen to skeptic. I know which ones I believe.

simonkn

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Taikonaut wrote:BMC probably shipped about a couple of dozen cameras in total since Grant's last update and people mistakenly thinks production and shipping have started by the container full. In reality less than 0.5% of the orders are filled and the cameras recently shipped are the first trial run demo units originally manufactured last summer that had problem sensors replaced.

This is where you called BMC a "s--- Australian company..." (to quote John..)

You are using those words as a metaphor for what you are afraid to actually say. Everyone on the board knows this and you know that you meant it!

You also chose to insult the country where Mr. Brawley lives so please do not "fein" hurt at his comments.. Please indicate your country of origin, its most dynamic tech company and then let Mr. Brawley have his say..

And before you ask, I jumped ship last month and bought a Scarlet. I will have a BMCC when it's available from the shelves in the UK and after I've mastered my art.

Regards

SK
Mediahound Films

Ruben Fernandez

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Found this today and I chucked at it at 08:45 when the BMD guy says, "that's why we are shipping three thousand of them (BMCCs) right away"

https://vimeo.com/groups/blackmagic/vid ... witterfeed

Oh, the irony...
Last edited by Ruben Fernandez on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Santiago

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 pm

We obviously have two passionate sides to this story.

John keep up the great work on delivering us the positives when it comes to BMD :)

Taikonaut you have your opinion and at times I side with you and totally understand.

It will be all over soon and then our beefs will be towards our frailties or some piece of gear that don't work.

Till then, both and all keep up the faith.

Albert N. Romero

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 2:22 pm

JorgeDeSilva

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Finally one BMCC in Switzerland! Visuals Switzerland has one EF model camera already! In About two weeks, I'm gonna test it :) Stay tuned!

Best,
JDS
Jorge De Silva - Photography & Filmmaking
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1843499/

RobertCBuchanan

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 pm

it might be a good idea if I post another update early January to update everyone on how production is progressing. -GP

Art Roberts

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Guys, let's not allow the utmost need of a BMCC put us over the edge. There is also a need to keep this forum with positive info only and not speculation. There is so much speculation, you don' know what to believe anymore. People should learn to hold it when there is nothing positive to post that can help your fellow man. Oh Christine where are thou.
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography