Who has pre-ordered MFT?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

neil_jd

Who has pre-ordered MFT?

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 pm

The title kinda says it all and if this post has already been done then please direct me.

After the update I am really curious as to how many forum members (which I know won't give me an accurate number) have pre-ordered the MFT model.

I'm in the MFT group as I have plenty of access to DSLRs and (as a young film maker) actually wanted to the extra push to use PL lenses, etc. Also, this isn't a passive/active mount discussion or question - I get why people want that but personally its not a factor for me.

So in short, who's pre-ordered the MFT and have you got the same concerns I do about how Grant worded that updated?

**Edit** I guess I should add that I'm asking purely because it feels like you're mostly speaking to an EF crowd on the forums. Im wondering if the MFT orders are really a minority or not.

Guisphoto

Re: Who has pre-ordered MFT?

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi Neil, I have moved to MFT too. In Spain, one of the official dealer has around 40 cameras preorders. Only me and other customer move the preorder to MFT.
Alberto Ros
http://vimeo.com/guis

neil_jd

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Guisphoto wrote:Hi Neil, I have moved to MFT too. In Spain, one of the official dealer has around 40 cameras preorders. Only me and other customer move the preorder to MFT.

Yeah, I'm hearing that its less than 20% of most preorders at resellers are MFT.

Hmm....

rick.lang

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 8:09 pm

neil_jd wrote:I am really curious as to how many forum members (which I know won't give me an accurate number) have pre-ordered the MFT.

I'll cheat a bit here. I haven't preordered but I I intend to order the BMCC MFT when it's readily available and my budget allows it.

It's going to be a major expense because I plan to shoot raw and grade in Resolve, so I also am waiting for the next version of the Mac Pro later in 2013, a 12/10bit monitor that does 2560x1440, a GPU card for the Mac Pro that will output 12/10bit colour, an external RAID and a couple of Sandisk Extreme 480GB SSDs, some gear, and a set of MFT ciné lenses likely over several months as SLR Magic releases them including the current 12mm 1.6, and their other hyperprime cinė lenses with fast apertures and their anamorphic adapter if they ever release it; but hopefully my tripod/head will be adequate if I keep the gear to a minimum (4kg limit). I'm hoping to win a lottery to afford this inexpensive cinema camera... Well you understand.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Lorenzo Straight

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Pre-Ordered the MFT Model, from Adorama in October.
MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-4K-605-2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-5700HQ (Broadwell)-16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM-1TB 7200 rpm HDD + 128GB M.2 SSD-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU (6GB GDDR5)-15.6" UHD + 4K IPS Display-3840 x 2160
-Windows 8.1

Guisphoto

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 pm

rick.lang wrote:
neil_jd wrote: I'm hoping to win a lottery to afford this inexpensive cinema camera... Well you understand.

Rick, please get 20 bugs for me in your next lottery ticket! :D
Alberto Ros
http://vimeo.com/guis

Mike Collier

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 11:10 pm

I preordered an MFT on 9/21. Not terribly concerned about delivery time, although I hope they get them out by Jan 15th. I hope the first run they do will cover everyone who ordered within the first month. It seems like most stuck with EF, since I gather most people want to use EF exclusively. In my neck of the woods there are 4 preorders, and I am the only one waiting on the MFT. I want to use EF and PL and B4 and MFT. Also I am waiting the day when fuji starts to make servo lenses that cover BMCC in MFT.

But until then, I have a really awesome looking rig that has no camera (or worse, a t3i slapped on it.) it looks like its more FS100 & HDX900 rentals for me, until the Blackmagic comes out.
Michael Collier, II
Cinematographer - Gaffer - Camera Operator

http://www.RandomAcronym.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3075740/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Fabián Matas

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 12:25 am

Guisphoto wrote:Hi Neil, I have moved to MFT too. In Spain, one of the official dealer has around 40 cameras preorders. Only me and other customer move the preorder to MFT.

I moved too, I'm from Spain also.

javierdpvelez

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 1:04 am

I ordered an MFT BMCC from Adorama about a week ago. Came bundled with the switchtronix battery for $3,095 (guess it was a good deal since the battery retails for about ~$299).

I too wonder how many orders are for MFT vs. EF. The decision was easy as I have very easy access to PL cinema lenses to use with this camera. Though when I'm not renting out I will be using my personal Canon FD glass (is this the best manual glass out there on a tight budget?)

Cheers!

Georgeddiaz

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 4:11 am

MFT Person here, ordered it on B&H, Nov. 20th.

milandirector

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 am

I m another one who pre ordered MFT mount. However, I need my cam ASAP as I m investing al my hard earned cash in BMCC and all the lenses/new computer, etc... so no money left for renting other cameras. It looks like I'll be loosing two jobs because of the late delivery, and possibly more if camera doesn't arrive by mid Jan 2013... :(

neil_jd

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 4:11 pm

I've now adjusted my order - I'd rather get it sooner to work with. I can work with either mount.

Aaron Scheiner

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 8:50 am

I have both an EF and MFT BMCC on pre-order with B&H Photo.

The MFT mount opens up a lot of possibilities in terms of different lenses, in my case I have a lot of FD and 16mm lenses. I figured that if I really wanted to use an EF lens on the MFT BMCC I could use an adaptor (with no quality loss). Unfortunately in this scenario I'd lose electronic aperture control... which I could replace with the "LiveLens" from RedRock - for a price.

Return to Cinematography