Ideas to use 30p instead of 24p for Overcrank Capac.

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

jenson

Ideas to use 30p instead of 24p for Overcrank Capac.

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Dear Forum Members

Did you use (with your current cameras) or with the coming BMCC the 30p mode only to have more capacibilities for overcranking?

I fend 50p extremly good, and the SDD write-speed can manage it too. I think it woud be nice when the BM-Team activate a 1-step-framerate configuration from 1 to [the possible value that can handled by the processor or another bottleneck] for the next firmware. This can be a value like around 38p or whatever. The most Shots are not very time intensiv, so a time limitation is conceivable, too.

Again: Very nice work, but the framerate-limitation must be addressed soonly, and hopefully not with the next generation of hardware because eventuelly its too late then. It must not be a big improvement but as much as possible (and show the community that you are a company who understand the cinematrographers needs).

Jason R. Johnston

Re: Ideas to use 30p instead of 24p for Overcrank Capac.

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 1:12 am

GH3 with BMCC M43 would make a great combo. I'm sure the BMCC v2 will have many more options, but you'll need to wait 2 more years, probably.
JASONRJOHNSTON.COM | CINEMATOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR | EDITOR | COLORIST
RED Komodo | DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 | 2023 MacBook M2 Pro 14

nickmilo

Re: Ideas to use 30p instead of 24p for Overcrank Capac.

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 pm

30p conformed to 24p -- done by onerivermedia on a 5d... if you wanted to get an idea for how it might look... I also think the 30p will be helpful if you want to use twixtor (but its hit and miss with that, so I wouldn't rely too heavily on it)

I plan on goin the GH3 route for when I really need 60p...

Return to Cinematography