Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

soulsurfer

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Phoned with Teltec in Germany. They confirmed that they are delivering although only in very little numbers...

i have still hope to shoot a huge project with the BMCC beginning by the end of march....

thurston

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 2:53 pm

What are the chances of getting this camera in the UK before the end of March? Would be a shame not to have it where i'm going.
I haven't pre-ordered. If it still isn't around in stock will probably look elsewhere, how much are Scarlets going for 2nd hand in the uk?

Peter Östlund

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Just got it! Looking good in Sweden. Ordered in April. Thanks.

Christian Pettersen

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Got mine yesterday in Oslo, Norway - ordered at NAB.

Felix Steinhardt

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Freytag Media.net in Karlsruhe, Germany will get the first shipment in less than 14 days.

Andreas Kaufmann

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Felix Steinhardt wrote:Freytag Media.net in Karlsruhe, Germany will get the first shipment in less than 14 days.

Did they tell you how many cameras are included in the shipment?
www.andreas-kaufmann.net

thomasblakeramsey

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 pm

TZuck wrote:
thomasblakeramsey wrote:So at the current rate according to you all orders will be filled in a few months less than 4 years...
I'd hope production rates will increase and should hopefully fill orders by 10 fold soon.

No, the B&H rep. stated that the EF will come in bulk when the 4/3s is ready. Which is soon.

Thomas Schumacher

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 8:52 pm

AndiDieMaus wrote:
Felix Steinhardt wrote:Freytag Media.net in Karlsruhe, Germany will get the first shipment in less than 14 days.

And: how many preorders they've received might be some useful info as well.
https://www.gernemehrfilm.de/

Felix Steinhardt

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 8:58 pm

gmf wrote:
AndiDieMaus wrote:

And: how many preorders they've received might be some useful info as well.

Don´t know. i´m number 2, ordered right after NAB announcment. But they told me Teltec received 4 units in their first shipment.

Eduardo Gonzalez

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm

It's rare to see any comments from people who, like me, ordered only in the last month or so. If all of you who ordered last April, May and June are starting to get yours now barely, if at all, I'm beginning to wonder if I won't see mine till December 2013.

I ordered the MFT version. This could be extremely foolish on my part to ask this, but my debate is, what if the MFT arrives just before NAB. Then the rumored active MFT gets announced. Will Blackmagic honor a return for an upgrade? Thoughts?

If what Andrew Reid says is true (I hope the rumors are true) than boy that wait will be worth it. Better battery life, XLR input with Phantom power and active MFT. Boy oh Boy!

Sean

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 3:18 am

Eduardo Gonzalez wrote:I ordered the MFT version. This could be extremely foolish on my part to ask this, but my debate is, what if the MFT arrives just before NAB. Then the rumored active MFT gets announced. Will Blackmagic honor a return for an upgrade? Thoughts?

If what Andrew Reid says is true (I hope the rumors are true) than boy that wait will be worth it. Better battery life, XLR input with Phantom power and active MFT. Boy oh Boy!

It would be extremely foolish on BMD's part to release specs on a new model when they aren't even done shipping the current camera to 5% of the people who have pre-ordered the EF model (and none of the MTF models).

Do you REALLY think they would release specs on a new camera when they haven't even began shipping MTF V1? NAB is barely over 2 months away. There's no way in hell.
Sean Scannell
Ordered EF mount from B&H on 08/19/12. Received on 04/12/13.

Eric Santiago

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 am

Sean wrote:It would be extremely foolish on BMD's part to release specs on a new model when they aren't even done shipping the current camera to 5% of the people who have pre-ordered the EF model (and none of the MTF models)...

Well I remember when it was only an EF model scheduled for July 31.

Darryl Gregory

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 9:26 am

Sean wrote:
Eduardo Gonzalez wrote:Do you REALLY think they would release specs on a new camera when they haven't even began shipping MTF V1? NAB is barely over 2 months away. There's no way in hell.

That's the problem, can we trust that they wont? is more like it, with round "1" I trust nothing from BMD, Expect to be screwed with the "V2 Round 2" of this camera, and expect to be screwed on price with V2 of this camera, this is the norm, it's called bait and hook!

Eduardo Gonzalez

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Scary. They better do something fast as there's only so much time until 4k and raw become the norm for sub $6k and the other companies catch up with their own versions w XLRs, phantom power, higher frame rates etc...

I would like to see Blackmagic come out on top.

David Regenthal

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Speaking only for myself . . .

One of the nice things about BMD, no matter what rushed to market copies that other "camera makers" come up with, is that the mere whisper of the BMCC has exerted significant downward pressure on the price of pretty much everything else . . . including the vaunted Canon EOS C300 which was announced at 20k and is now 16k (for those of us who can blow that kind of cash on something which requires nearly the same expenditure for “add ons” which will then give it full pro video camera capability.

The singular question for me (and I’m a lot farther out than most of you here in receiving my BMCC) was/is, do I put on my “big boy pants” and make a decision relative to what’s coming available and/or been officially announced by BMD thereby enjoying the benefits of the camera now (or soon, as it were). Or . . . do I wait it out? What I’m not going to do is make my own decision and then bitch about it later because something new comes down the pike . . .if I were worried about that I’d simply never buy anything.
Windows 11 Pro
ASUSTek PRIME B660-PLUS D4 (LGA1700)
Intel i9-12900KF
128GB, nVidia RTX 4000
Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB (x3)

Edwin M

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 7:11 pm

this shows that blackmagic not prepared to manufacture cameras, I think this will be the last of them ......

steve connor

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Edwin M wrote:this shows that blackmagic not prepared to manufacture cameras, I think this will be the last of them ......

I really hope you're wrong!

10s

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 5:47 am

I strongly believe BM is in the process of getting it together and will continue to learn and become a strong mainstream contender. It takes time. Nothing great is easily attained. Eventually we will all greatly benefit from their vision and efforts. Personally, it's difficult to see something so promising and then wait... and wait... and wait. I'm told it builds character. :roll:

I've decided to wait even longer until things are really sorted out because I'm not too interested in being on the bleeding edge with all the accompanying frustrations and I'm not in a big hurry. I want my effort to go into the productions, not the gear. On the other hand it's really exciting to be a pioneer. So are the cameras coming? yes, it's happening...slowly for the time being, it just takes time to ramp up.

Art Roberts

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 6:00 am

Guys, we are hearing receipt of the camera ONLY from members of this forum, and yet it is being reported from all over the globe. Think of those recepients not on this forum who are not reporting their cameras. This is what I call mass production even though Grant is being humble enough to mention it. The man is delivering; but can he deliver to everyone at once? I also was a cry baby at some point, but thank God I've grown up. In truth, I dont think Grant was prepared for the wave of consumer interest that his camera has generated. All major resellers are counting thousands of re-orders and counting everyday. If you were pitting BMD against Canon or Nikon in an apples for apples kind of way - in a production environment, am pretty sure the BMCC will be in everybody's hands by now. Supply and demand is not equally balanced due it's size. All the same they have started a new era in cinematography-period.

Samjack

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 10:12 am

The only way I can interprete as "mass production" is when resellers have them in stock and customers can order one without having to wait.
Yes there are those who might have got theirs but did'nt post here but I also believe there are many times more who are still waiting that havent post here too. Even going by posts on here my guess is for every one person who got theirs 20+ are still waiting :(

nikotaro

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 1:34 pm

so i calculated, if you have pre order BMCC in April and received in januari it means 8 or 9 months of waiting :(
I ordered on 30 august 2012 and i well ........................ end of April or Mai 2013 :(

Samjack

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 7:07 pm

nikotaro wrote:so i calculated, if you have pre order BMCC in April and received in januari it means 8 or 9 months of waiting :(
I ordered on 30 august 2012 and i well ........................ end of April or Mai 2013 :(

There are still many who ordered in April 2012 and I'm not optimistic they will all get theirs by April/NAB 2013. Incidentally someone on here said they ordered theirs in August 2012 and it arrived last week which make delaying the release of the MFT sound like a poor excuse. It is clear that not all orders are fulfilled based on how soon the orders has been placed. I'm sure major resellers such as B&H, CVP, etc, have placed the preorder to BMD for all its April, May, June and July customers before someone who ordered his in August who now got his camera. Its a bloody mess to put it kindly.

Randy Walters

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 12:20 am

Mine arrives tomorrow from AV Alive. I ordered the day after the BMCC was announced last April.

Naturally, I'm beyond psyched. I wish all those out there still waiting the best of luck, and hope yours turn up ASAP. For what it's worth, I've never had any problem at all with the wait, especially since AV Alive didn't require a deposit to place the order.

Those who have put cash down, IMHO, have the greatest cause for dissatisfaction. Still, I do believe this camera delivers such astonishing value for the investment that once it does arrive, the wait will be largely forgotten.

At any rate, I wish you all the joy I expect to experience tomorrow.

Tom

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 am

here we are, almost a month of ramped up production, I count 6-7 units having arrived at my reseller. At this rate I will be waiting for about another 4-5 months for my order, which was made April 25th.

I realise BMD wont comment on numbers, and I know that the rate is apparently increasing each week, but what I would like to know is, Is the apparent un-even distribution of cameras with each reseller a deliberate strategy - or is there another reason why B&H are getting so many and everywhere else are getting so few?
Tom Majerski
Colourist at Tracks and Layers
http://www.Tracksandlayers.com
Motion Graphics - Colour Grading - VFX

Albert N. Romero

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 9:27 am

Tom wrote:here we are, almost a month of ramped up production, I count 6-7 units having arrived at my reseller. At this rate I will be waiting for about another 4-5 months for my order, which was made April 25th.

I realise BMD wont comment on numbers, and I know that the rate is apparently increasing each week, but what I would like to know is, Is the apparent un-even distribution of cameras with each reseller a deliberate strategy - or is there another reason why B&H are getting so many and everywhere else are getting so few?

At this point doesent matter when u preordered. A few that ordered later (example, in august) have it... Is a distributor thread, and even the sellers doesent know the strategy...

Luke Armstrong

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 am

Tom wrote:here we are, almost a month of ramped up production, I count 6-7 units having arrived at my reseller. At this rate I will be waiting for about another 4-5 months for my order, which was made April 25th.

I'm with you Tom. It's just ridiculous. The whole thing is totally unfair, every reseller out there claims to have ordered first and the truth is that they're all getting cameras at the same time. I'd like to know why B&H are getting more than anywhere else either.
Luke Armstrong - Digital Compositor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4274789/

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 9:55 am

As a blatant guess, from reports it seems B&H had well over 800 pre-orders. I wouldn't be surprised if that kind of buying power gave them some kind of priority.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Darryl Gregory

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 11:06 am

Luke Armstrong wrote:

I'm with you Tom. It's just ridiculous. The whole thing is totally unfair, every reseller out there claims to have ordered first and the truth is that they're all getting cameras at the same time. I'd like to know why B&H are getting more than anywhere else either.

Not only do we need to concern ourselves with unfair distribution, But blatant disregard for client's order status.
Last edited by Darryl Gregory on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason Greene

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 1:10 pm

There seems to be a common issue among the recent complaints in this thread. Things are stated as facts when none of us really have any information. For example, B&H is singled out as getting more than its fair share of cameras. If those making this claim can produce the same hard numbers to back up their claims that they demand of BMD, then I'll accept their statements as fact. Otherwise, these claims fall into the category of speculation.

How does anyone here know that B&H has gotten anything more than its pro-rata allocation of orders? Suppose that two retailers sent orders to BMD at the same time. Retailer A ordered 20 units and Retailer B ordered 10 units. If three units are produced, what is the fair allocation? Seems pretty simple to me: A gets twice as many units as B. This has nothing to do with when customers of A and B ordered their units. There is really no feasible way for BMD (or any other company) to monitor or enforce time priority of end-customer orders in the distributor model. Anyone who thinks end-customer time priority should be enforced probably would compain at the grocery that they see someone in another checkout lane getting done faster.

I also take issue with the observations that folks are posting about B&H. The recent posts seem to imply that B&H is shipping tons of cameras compared to their number of orders. I just don't see the evidence of this. Yes, quite a few B&H customers appear to have received orders compared to other retailers. But, this was true in the early days of shipping of other in-demand models, such as the Canon 5D Mark III. B&H is a large player. Same applies to the U.S. receiving more cameras than other individual countries. Perhaps I've missed it, but it is not as if people who ordered in June from B&H are receiving their cameras. The latest B&H pre-order date that I've seen that has received a shipping notice is an order from the first week of May. Some who ordered from smaller retailers (e.g., a small retailer in Kentucky) as late as October has received their camera. Even as someone who ordered earlier (but still quite late in the game) from B&H, I wouldn't cry foul on BMD for this. The line was simply shorter at that smaller retailer. I seem to recall someone outside the U.S. receiving their camera from a June pre-order. So what? Again, the line was obviously shorter there.

Frankly, cries of "unfair!" here sounds a little childish. This is a situation in which expectations are absolute fairness are very much misplaced. But, I understand the frustration, too.

In the end, the thing that seems most clear to me is that mass production means one thing to BMD and quite another to me. But, I'll hold myself to the same standard as indicated above. I don't have any hard numbers. That's why I'm being clear that these are impressions based on this and other forums. It just doesn't seem like many people (regardless of where they live or from whom they ordered) are receiving cameras. Would I like an update from BMD? Sure, why not? But, what do we really expect to learn that will change anything? They seem to be shipping some cameras.

As soon as there is something better than the BMCC for my situation, I'll cancel my preorder. Until then, I'll wait.

Tom

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Jason Greene wrote:There seems to be a common issue among the recent complaints in this thread. Things are stated as facts when none of us really have any information. For example, B&H is singled out as getting more than its fair share of cameras. If those making this claim can produce the same hard numbers to back up their claims that they demand of BMD, then I'll accept their statements as fact. Otherwise, these claims fall into the category of speculation.

How does anyone here know that B&H has gotten anything more than its pro-rata allocation of orders? Suppose that two retailers sent orders to BMD at the same time. Retailer A ordered 20 units and Retailer B ordered 10 units. If three units are produced, what is the fair allocation? Seems pretty simple to me: A gets twice as many units as B. This has nothing to do with when customers of A and B ordered their units. There is really no feasible way for BMD (or any other company) to monitor or enforce time priority of end-customer orders in the distributor model. Anyone who thinks end-customer time priority should be enforced probably would compain at the grocery that they see someone in another checkout lane getting done faster.

I also take issue with the observations that folks are posting about B&H. The recent posts seem to imply that B&H is shipping tons of cameras compared to their number of orders. I just don't see the evidence of this. Yes, quite a few B&H customers appear to have received orders compared to other retailers. But, this was true in the early days of shipping of other in-demand models, such as the Canon 5D Mark III. B&H is a large player. Same applies to the U.S. receiving more cameras than other individual countries. Perhaps I've missed it, but it is not as if people who ordered in June from B&H are receiving their cameras. The latest B&H pre-order date that I've seen that has received a shipping notice is an order from the first week of May. Some who ordered from smaller retailers (e.g., a small retailer in Kentucky) as late as October has received their camera. Even as someone who ordered earlier (but still quite late in the game) from B&H, I wouldn't cry foul on BMD for this. The line was simply shorter at that smaller retailer. I seem to recall someone outside the U.S. receiving their camera from a June pre-order. So what? Again, the line was obviously shorter there.

Frankly, cries of "unfair!" here sounds a little childish. This is a situation in which expectations are absolute fairness are very much misplaced. But, I understand the frustration, too.

In the end, the thing that seems most clear to me is that mass production means one thing to BMD and quite another to me. But, I'll hold myself to the same standard as indicated above. I don't have any hard numbers. That's why I'm being clear that these are impressions based on this and other forums. It just doesn't seem like many people (regardless of where they live or from whom they ordered) are receiving cameras. Would I like an update from BMD? Sure, why not? But, what do we really expect to learn that will change anything? They seem to be shipping some cameras.

As soon as there is something better than the BMCC for my situation, I'll cancel my preorder. Until then, I'll wait.

I have only asked BMD for a clarification on how they are supposed to be distributed. This is me trying to obtain hard data.

I know the hard data as of last week regarding how many units have arrived at my reseller. Based on people knowing their position in line and reporting if they have received their cameras yet.

I know that I have counted at least 25 individual people who have received theirs from B&H so this is hard data to suggest that B&H are at least receiving multiples of units more than another major reseller.

I would not be surprised if the number of units ordered or when each reseller ordered is the cause of this difference. But like you, I also want hard data and not speculation.
Tom Majerski

Mark de Jeu

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Tom wrote:I would not be surprised if the number of units ordered or when each reseller ordered is the cause of this difference. But like you, I also want hard data and not speculation.

Exactly. But I think you want to get the hard numbers from your distributor. Demand from them the dates and quantities for the orders they placed with BM. Then ask/demand the same thing from B&H. This should help you get the info you need. Even if BM was inclined to share this confidential information with us, I don't think their distributors would appreciate this info being shared with the public.

If your distributor placed your April order with BM in May, then I'm guessing your allocation will be with others who ordered in May.
Mark de Jeu
Video Enthusiast

Tom

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 4:34 pm

Mark de Jeu wrote:
Tom wrote:I would not be surprised if the number of units ordered or when each reseller ordered is the cause of this difference. But like you, I also want hard data and not speculation.

Exactly. But I think you want to get the hard numbers from your distributor. Demand from them the dates and quantities for the orders they placed with BM. Then ask/demand the same thing from B&H. This should help you get the info you need. Even if BM was inclined to share this confidential information with us, I don't think their distributors would appreciate this info being shared with the public.

If your distributor placed your April order with BM in May, then I'm guessing your allocation will be with others who ordered in May.

Its not figures I am asking for, It is to know the official policy on how they are being distributed. All we can see so far for sure is that the distribution is not even. Many people have suggested very probable and reasonable explanations for the situation, but I would rather a) hear it from Blackmagic themselves, or B) Be told by Blackmagic that it is not their policy to discuss such matters. Only BMD can answer the question really, whether its a proper answer or at least some kind of response. I am not entitled to know, but there is no harm in asking.
Tom Majerski

Philip Sportel

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't work for BlackMagic, but after reading all the posts and wondering what I'd do in their situation, this is what I believe they're doing.

When they realized they were going to be severely under-producing, they decided to get at least one camera to each distributor first. After this, they began shipping cameras in proportion to the number ordered by each distributor.

To simplify:

Company A orders 5, Company B orders 10 and Company C orders 50.

First shipment: 1 to A, 1 to B, 1 to C.
Second shipment: 2 to A, 4 to B, 20 to C.
Final shipment: 2 to A, 5 to B, 29 to C.

This means that they are likely to finish all of the preorders within the same time frame. This also means if you're 8th of 8 for your distributor, you're going to get your camera in the same time frame as someone who's 800th of 800.

Who gets the short end of the stick in this scenario? Those last in line with small distributors. Although it may seem reasonable to think a small order would be filled quickly (and being last in a long line will take a very long time), in reality the little guys suffer and big companies win.

A better scenario (in my humble opinion) would be to fill the first round of preorders one at a time in sequence (1 for A, 1 for B, 1 for C; 2 for A, 2 for B, 2 for C). This doesn't punish the big companies that much, as the small orders will get fulfilled quickly and the big ones will get a greater and greater proportion of the remaining cameras. However, this doesn't seem to be what's what BlackMagic is doing.

Remo Pini

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Well, from a business point of view, if I were BMD, I wouldn't treat a small distributor who distributes 8 cameras the same as one who moves 800... for BMD, the overhead is pretty much the same for both channels, but the revenue is much different. In "real economics", the small guys almost always loose out. I wouldn't actually be surprised if they prioritize the big ones even more. After all, if B&H screams at them, much more money is at stake than if the local camera store is unhappy...
Director | Line Producer | https://grayeminence.ch

kyle presley

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.
Texas Media Systems is my vendor, and to the best of my knowledge is an official dealer. In talking to them, I have learned that they have not received a single camera yet. They placed their order in April. I am in the first 10 customers to receive a camera. I know everyone is frustrated, me too. I would really like to know why Adorama and B&H have been allocated so many cameras and my official vendor hasn't received a single one. I flipped my last camera (Sony FS100) to buy the BMCC. So frustrating to not have a decent camera. We need more transparency out of this company.

Jason Hinkle

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Philip Sportel wrote:A better scenario (in my humble opinion) would be to fill the first round of preorders one at a time in sequence (1 for A, 1 for B, 1 for C; 2 for A, 2 for B, 2 for C)

Assuming what you suggest is true (which it does seem reasonable), I think that fulfilling orders proportionally is more fair than sending equal size batches to all retailers. The 8th order of 8 and the 800th order of 800 - you could assume that both orders were placed late in the process. If I'm order #400 of 800 I would get my order way, way later than #4 of 8 - even though we both are in the middle of the pack, as far as our order date. I think it would be the most fair if #400 from B&H gets their camera around the same time as #4 from a small indie retailer. Of course on an individual case-by-case basis it may not turn out to be fair, but on a statistical average it probably would.

Not that any of this makes any difference, but we might as well have interesting discussions on statistics while we're waiting for our cameras!

Antonio Rosiello

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 11:20 pm

Dear guys,

today my reseller called me (i live in Italy) and told me that my camera has arrived : "We got some cameras" he said, without telling me how many.

So guys...I guess by tuesday I will have my camera, I ordered it last september, but I guess I'm just lucky to get it before many others that ordered it in march, april.

Good luck to you all!

popcornflix

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Eduardo Gonzalez wrote:...what if the MFT arrives just before NAB. Then the rumored active MFT gets announced. Will Blackmagic honor a return for an upgrade? Thoughts?

It would be completely worth the wait if MFT customers got the new active mount updated version. It would really suck if they released the active version only a few weeks after finally shippping us the passive MFT.

I am hoping against hope that BMD has been using the delay time to engineer an active MFT camera with improvements that they will soon be sending our way.

klojewski

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 am

<< This order will be ready to ship. >>

Wow! I finally got that email I've been searching for since July. Got a tracking number and I ought to be taking possession of a BMCC in a couple days. Maybe there is something to all this blackmagic mumbo jumbo :)

Now I can start looking looking at other threads in this forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

Samjack

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 6:18 am

boukmanmutt wrote:Dear guys,

today my reseller called me (i live in Italy) and told me that my camera has arrived : "We got some cameras" he said, without telling me how many.

So guys...I guess by tuesday I will have my camera, I ordered it last september, but I guess I'm just lucky to get it before many others that ordered it in march, april.

Good luck to you all!

Interesting that you are getting yours now when you have ordered in September when the first MFT was available for order. BMD should be cranking out a few MFT.

Cabraswel

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 9:54 am

I think shipping goes by when the distributor ordered not by individual.. Who the hell is going to keep track of that. This is just silly squabbling. If distributor X placed orders to have so many in stock then its up to the distributor to nag BMD. We don't buy from BMD.... if you want to complain I would guess its best to pressure the person you are actually buying the camera from.

Andy Smith

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Any chance of the U.K getting more units?

neil_jd

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Andy Smith wrote:Any chance of the U.K getting more units?

Agreed. RCB Logic in the UK are being terrible with their communication on shipments.

A-styles

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 5:33 pm

I bought my camera in southfield mi back in August and I just received my camera today. Now all my friends and family can stop hearing me bitch and moan lol.

Zack Wilson

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 6:16 pm

Any chance of a new update? Been about two weeks.

nivou

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm

There are still EU countries with no cameras at all...

Nord Produktion

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

pict wrote:Just got it! Looking good in Sweden. Ordered in April. Thanks.

Not really that good... 5 camera over 3 deliveries, I was No 25 in queue, but canceled my order today. I also canceled my order from a Germen dealer, no BMCC for me.
BM, you messed up...
Markus Nord | nordproduktion.se | vimeo.com/nordproduktion

Samjack

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Pretty sure Grant mention in his last update that his focus at present is to ship out EF for those who ordered early which probably means those who ordered on the day it was announced and during April 2012 via their resellers. So why are anyone who ordered in August and September getting theirs and those who orderd in April are not?
It is a bloody mess and some proper update from BMD is needed. I notice more and more people are backing out because of unfair distribution.

qledbetter

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 8:38 pm

It seems like cameras are going out.

Keep in mind that we're only seeing and hearing of people receiving cameras on this forum. We have no idea how many other people around the world are getting theirs. Presuming Christine is on base by saying that production will increase week-by-week, then you should all have your cameras soon.

Canceling an order now wouldn't be a good move now that the worst is over. You've made it this far, so hang in there.
https://vimeo.com/thebangbangtheory

"Everything you do is the beginning of something new." - The Bang Bang Theory

Tom

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 8:47 pm

qledbetter wrote:It seems like cameras are going out.

Keep in mind that we're only seeing and hearing of people receiving cameras on this forum. We have no idea how many other people around the world are getting theirs. Presuming Christine is on base by saying that production will increase week-by-week, then you should all have your cameras soon.

Canceling an order now wouldn't be a good move now that the worst is over. You've made it this far, so hang in there.

You are correct, however, for resellers where a forum member knows their number, and that number is fairly low, we can deduce the minimum amount that has arrived at that reseller. For example, I know that the person in position 7 at CVP has not received his camera yet.
Tom Majerski
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography