Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

The place for questions about shooting with the Blackmagic Cinema Camera.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

paulkosmala

  • Posts: 148
  • Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 5:06 am

mhood wrote:
paulkosmala wrote:it's just a good sign that MFT isn't being artificially held back.


Artificially held back? There are "X" number of available sensors. If one out of ten available sensors were to go into an MFT camera, then the unfortunate soul who has been sitting at number 11 on his retailers EF preorder list for 8 or 9 months is hosed. I understand the frustration of those MFT preorders who have been w8ing since December but please have a bit of sympathy for those EF preorders who have been w8ing since July.


There are also x number of mtf bodies ready and waiting for the sensor, that are never going to be EF models. I want everyone to get their camera, but to be honest, even if I had been that number 11 that has to wait a bit longer than we are all projecting it should take, I don't mind. I don't want to make others wait, but that's what we're already doing by shipping EF only. Someone somewhere is going to have to wait.

The sensor supply is the weak link in production apparently, but as things start ramping up, hopefully shipping some Mft models will be a non-issue due to shipping volume.
Offline

JoeyL

  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 am

HiQ wrote: BlackMagic Design has done their best and they are an awesome company that has strived to democratize high end cinema production for the masses.


You act as if they are selfless entity that does no wrong. You do know that they are in this simply for the money. :roll:
Offline

10s

  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:17 am
  • Location: Seattle

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 7:46 am

What's wrong with making money? Should we suppose they are self sacrificing fools that labor to please us without any reward? Thank goodness there is an incentive that gets them out of bed to face the onslaught of daily problems. None of us creates valuables without some sort of return. I hope they get filthy rich because they provide us with the best camera we can buy. I also hope you get filthy rich by making the best films ever; so great that we beg you to get out of bed and hurry up your production. I doubt you'll do it for free.
Offline

JoeyL

  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 8:37 am

10s wrote:What's wrong with making money? Should we suppose they are self sacrificing fools that labor to please us without any reward? Thank goodness there is an incentive that gets them out of bed to face the onslaught of daily problems. None of us creates valuables without some sort of return. I hope they get filthy rich because they provide us with the best camera we can buy. I also hope you get filthy rich by making the best films ever; so great that we beg you to get out of bed and hurry up your production. I doubt you'll do it for free.


I think you were agreeing with me?

-Cheers
Offline

Sondre Garaas

  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 10:40 am

krodahl wrote:BMCC mft mount arriving, got message thursday so hopefully i'll have it tomorrow...norway btw



Congratulations Krodahl!
Which reseller did you order from?
Offline

krodahl

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 9:11 pm

video4:) - still on the way, but here tomorrow!
Offline

fallencircus

  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Well I have been just an observer on this board and many others since the BMCC was announced as I was debating on purchasing it. Well back in November I decided to do it, sold my EX1R and some other gear and ordered from Adorama on 11/19. Last night I got a notification that my bank account had been charged and I received my shipping notification from Adorama. I was shocked to get it this early, but I also recall someone else on these boards ordering on in January and receiving it a week later from Adorama as well, so not sure what is up but an beyond thrilled that I am getting it on Thursday.
Offline

krodahl

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 pm

And so my camera arrived - and typically - it's an EF mount. Tried contacting my dealer, hopefully it's just a mess-up at theirs, but most likely MFT's haven't shipped:(

F***
Offline
User avatar

Jason Greene

  • Posts: 139
  • Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:03 pm
  • Location: Illinois

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm

krodahl wrote:And so my camera arrived - and typically - it's an EF mount. Tried contacting my dealer, hopefully it's just a mess-up at theirs, but most likely MFT's haven't shipped:(

F***


Ouch. I suspected this might be the case, given that there was no other indication of MFTs shipping.

You're in an odd position of not getting what you wanted/ordered, but having something that many others are wanting and have ordered. Many in your position might consider having your retailer maintain your place in line, yet letting you keep the EF mount (that you could then sell, perhaps even at a profit?). Good luck!
Offline

krodahl

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm

You're right, and I might have considered keeping it, but for the voïgtlander 12, 17,5 and 25mm lying in my office...but I suppose I shouldn't be shocked at this, I was quite surprised that my MFT supposedly was shipping....
Offline

JON s

  • Posts: 15
  • Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 4:33 pm

So how about an update on when we'll get another update? Thanks in advance, Grant.
Offline

nichymontero

  • Posts: 15
  • Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 5:04 pm

We need more updates Grant! If you continue with this missinformation some people will move the order and look for other cameras like Red One (now available for 3$K). We only need you to be honest and tell us what´s going on with the production. I call every week to my reseller and no news about Blackmagic, no one says anything and this is frustrating. I have paid 3.000€ on September to order my BMCC EF and at the moment I
don´t have anything. No camera, No 3.000€ an NO information. This is not the way that a big company works. I will give you a chance of 2 more weeks. I hope it will be enough for an update or my BMCC.
Offline
User avatar

Que Thompson

  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 5:38 pm

nichymontero wrote:...other cameras like Red One (now available for 3$K).


3$K? Link please.
Offline

Eric Santiago

  • Posts: 413
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Jack Warhol wrote:
nichymontero wrote:...other cameras like Red One (now available for 3$K).


3$K? Link please.



Just look around Google.
Its out there since the Battle Tested were sold for 4K.
Now add another 4K for gear of course :)
Offline
User avatar

TZuck

  • Posts: 229
  • Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm
  • Location: the 515

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Eric Santiago wrote:
Jack Warhol wrote:
nichymontero wrote:...other cameras like Red One (now available for 3$K).


3$K? Link please.



Just look around Google.
Its out there since the Battle Tested were sold for 4K.
Now add another 4K for gear of course :)


Red Ones are no longer being made or sold by Red. If you want one you'll have to hit up Ebay or other 3rd party.
The Red one doesn't need that many accessories to be work ready though. Lens, Media, EVF/Monitor, Redrocket, etc.
- TZ

Visual FX and Post Production Artist
Screenscape Studios
Offline

jvpeters

  • Posts: 24
  • Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm
  • Location: Emeryville, CA

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 7:29 pm

nichymontero wrote:We need more updates Grant! If you continue with this missinformation some people will move the order and look for other cameras like Red One (now available for 3$K).


We have already cancelled one of ours and went with a 5ony. We'll probably cancel another soon and just keep one camera on order to play with when they finally start shipping the MFT units. Unfortunate, but between this and some other BM product issues I just don't trust them much anymore.
Offline

Eric Santiago

  • Posts: 413
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 7:45 pm

TZuck wrote:Red Ones are no longer being made or sold by Red. If you want one you'll have to hit up Ebay or other 3rd party.
The Red one doesn't need that many accessories to be work ready though. Lens, Media, EVF/Monitor, Redrocket, etc.


Im a Scarlet owner and trust me what you just stated aint cheap ;)

Oh and beware of the eBay scams out there with the RED MX.

A few have come on REDUSER at a decent low price.

We have one at work and it sure didnt cost us 3K :P
Offline
User avatar

Roland Öller

  • Posts: 36
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:12 am
  • Location: Austria

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 8:54 pm

I consider myself an "early adopter" having preordered the camera 24 hours after it was announced. But I am still waiting for mine. No word from my dealer.

Is that unusual?

I'm getting a little uneasy about this so I'd like to know the status of the most early preorders. ;)
Not trying to whine about it or anything, I'm just asking.
Thanks guys!
Offline
User avatar

Tom

  • Posts: 1095
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:08 am
  • Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Roland Öller wrote:I consider myself an "early adopter" having preordered the camera 24 hours after it was announced. But I am still waiting for mine. No word from my dealer.

Is that unusual?

I'm getting a little uneasy about this so I'd like to know the status of the most early preorders. ;)
Not trying to whine about it or anything, I'm just asking.
Thanks guys!



Its unusual if you live in the USA, not unusual if you live in Europe. I share your pain.
Tom Majerski
Cinematographer / Photographer / Colourist
www.TomMajerski.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/
Offline

TuTodd

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:29 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Early May 2012 order from B&H. Picked it up from UPS today!

Hope to get some test footage soon!

FOLLOW ME:
http://instagram.com/jovoansanders

www.JoVoanSanders.com


Hope you all get yours soon!
Offline

Drakuul

  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 pm
  • Location: Cardiff, South Wales

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 pm

This is what I had through from the company I pre-ordered with when I enquired about MFT and the potential of two cameras by May/June for a feature film (either EF or MFT, MFT preferred)

"Further to your email below, I have spoken to the Blackmagic distributor who believes that before the end of April there should not be a problem supplying you with 2 x Blackmagic Cinema Camera with EF mount. Whilst the MFT mount version is nearly ready to ship, Blackmagic are concentrating on fulfilling the orders for the EF mount version first and small quantities are coming through to the distributor every week now."

I presume the distributor is the UK based Dist. and not the European one ;)
Richard Roberts, I do stuff.
Offline
User avatar

c.carlos.n

  • Posts: 107
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 am
  • Location: Gurabo, Puerto Rico

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 11:48 pm

TuTodd wrote:Early May 2012 order from B&H. Picked it up from UPS today!

Hope to get some test footage soon!

FOLLOW ME:
http://instagram.com/jovoansanders

http://www.JoVoanSanders.com


Hope you all get yours soon!



like before or after the 15th of May?
Carlos E Núñez
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 am

Hi to all disappointed guys out there including myself,

I just want to report something, which someone might find it interesting. Blackmagic talks about a “lock” price for the camera something that is total unreal. I sent an email to Blackmagic about that and they told me that there might be some variations due to the law of each country. That’s not the case; there is not such thing as variation but a large deviation. In US the price is 2,995 dollars, that’s 2,212 euros (EUR/USD 1.3537 ECB fixing). If we take a look in European Union there are large deviations in price. In UK the normal price (CVP) is 2,148 pounds inc. VAT which is 2,497 euros (EUR/GBP 0.8599). In other EU countries for example France you find something around 2,630 euros inc. VAT and the worst case scenario in my country for around 3,050 euros inc. VAT. Ok, we’ve been waiting for this camera for a long time and maybe I can understand to a point about sensor issues, but talking about a “lock” price and seeing those variations it’s a little bit provocative I think…
Last edited by nivou on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Offline
User avatar

Tom

  • Posts: 1095
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:08 am
  • Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 9:14 am

nivou wrote:Hi to all disappointed guys out there including myself,

I just want to report something, which someone might find it interesting. Blackmagic talks about a “lock” price for the camera something that is total unreal. I sent an email to Blackmagic about that and they told me that there might be some variations due to the law of each country. That’s not the case; there is not such thing as variation but a large deviation. In US the price is 2,995 dollars, that’s 2,212 euros (EUR/USD 1.3537 ECB fixing). If we take a look in European Union there are large deviations in price. In UK the normal price (CVP) is 2,148 pounds inc. VAT which is 2,497 euros (EUR/GBP 0.8599). In other EU countries for example France you find something around 2,630 euros inc. VAT and the worst case scenario in my country for around 3,050 euros inc. VAT. Ok, we’ve been waiting for this camera for a long time and maybe I can understand to a point about sensor issues, but talking about a “lock” price and seeing those variations it’s a little bit provocative I thing…


Have you factored in vat and import duty?
Tom Majerski
Cinematographer / Photographer / Colourist
www.TomMajerski.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 9:24 am

Tom wrote:
nivou wrote:Hi to all disappointed guys out there including myself,

I just want to report something, which someone might find it interesting. Blackmagic talks about a “lock” price for the camera something that is total unreal. I sent an email to Blackmagic about that and they told me that there might be some variations due to the law of each country. That’s not the case; there is not such thing as variation but a large deviation. In US the price is 2,995 dollars, that’s 2,212 euros (EUR/USD 1.3537 ECB fixing). If we take a look in European Union there are large deviations in price. In UK the normal price (CVP) is 2,148 pounds inc. VAT which is 2,497 euros (EUR/GBP 0.8599). In other EU countries for example France you find something around 2,630 euros inc. VAT and the worst case scenario in my country for around 3,050 euros inc. VAT. Ok, we’ve been waiting for this camera for a long time and maybe I can understand to a point about sensor issues, but talking about a “lock” price and seeing those variations it’s a little bit provocative I thing…


Have you factored in vat and import duty?


Regarding EU (European Union) there's not such thing as import duty between EU members. The VAT is included in my above prices regarding UK, France etc. For example I can order a camera from UK (when will be available) and including shipping costs and VAT will cost me around 2,550 euros. That will save me 500 euros.
Offline
User avatar

Tom

  • Posts: 1095
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:08 am
  • Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 11:52 am

nivou wrote:
Regarding EU (European Union) there's not such thing as import duty between EU members. The VAT is included in my above prices regarding UK, France etc. For example I can order a camera from UK (when will be available) and including shipping costs and VAT will cost me around 2,550 euros. That will save me 500 euros.


I know, but the cameras are coming from outside the EU, so each country is likely to charge a different amount of import duty and tax for their own country - so its no surprise that there is a variation.... or perhaps I am completely missing what you are saying....
Tom Majerski
Cinematographer / Photographer / Colourist
www.TomMajerski.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Tom wrote:
nivou wrote:
Regarding EU (European Union) there's not such thing as import duty between EU members. The VAT is included in my above prices regarding UK, France etc. For example I can order a camera from UK (when will be available) and including shipping costs and VAT will cost me around 2,550 euros. That will save me 500 euros.


I know, but the cameras are coming from outside the EU, so each country is likely to charge a different amount of import duty and tax for their own country - so its no surprise that there is a variation.... or perhaps I am completely missing what you are saying....


No, unfortunately import duty it's not the case, my country (EU member) takes the camera from UK BMD and the suggested price derives from them, so our friends in UK put a very nice premium in the price
Offline

Fabián Matas

  • Posts: 95
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 12:20 pm

nivou wrote:
Tom wrote:
nivou wrote:
Regarding EU (European Union) there's not such thing as import duty between EU members. The VAT is included in my above prices regarding UK, France etc. For example I can order a camera from UK (when will be available) and including shipping costs and VAT will cost me around 2,550 euros. That will save me 500 euros.


I know, but the cameras are coming from outside the EU, so each country is likely to charge a different amount of import duty and tax for their own country - so its no surprise that there is a variation.... or perhaps I am completely missing what you are saying....


No, unfortunately import duty it's not the case, my country (EU member) takes the camera from UK BMD and the suggested price derives from them, so our friends in UK put a very nice premium in the price


I'm from Spain and I have to pay around 3000€ because we have our VAT up to 21% (thanks to the delay) so... :(
Offline

AndiDieMaus

  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:24 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 12:36 pm

I grant the camera to everybody who has ordered it at adorama.
But dear Blackmagic Design .. please fulfill the early orders in the rest of the world before giving december-preorders away.
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Fabián Matas wrote:
nivou wrote:
Tom wrote:
I know, but the cameras are coming from outside the EU, so each country is likely to charge a different amount of import duty and tax for their own country - so its no surprise that there is a variation.... or perhaps I am completely missing what you are saying....


No, unfortunately import duty it's not the case, my country (EU member) takes the camera from UK BMD and the suggested price derives from them, so our friends in UK put a very nice premium in the price


I'm from Spain and I have to pay around 3000€ because we have our VAT up to 21% (thanks to the delay) so... :(


My Mediterranean friend, don't blame the VAT, we have a 23% here but the price is not justified by the VAT differences between EU countries. For example pick an online store wherever you like in EU, see the price ex. VAT and put your country's VAT. That's not the case. For example in UK, which is an EU member (for now), the price excluding VAT is 1,790 pounds and if we put your VAT is 2,165.90 pounds and in euros that's around 2,520 so as you can see, VAT is not the issue, but the premium they putting. Total unfair and unprofessional.
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Tom wrote:
I'm from Spain and I have to pay around 3000€ because we have our VAT up to 21% (thanks to the delay) so... :(


And there's more my friend if you don't believe me. Go to blackmagic's resellers and pick for example one from GERMANY and see the price. You will see something like 2,249 euros (excluding VAT) and 2,517 euros including VAT. Take the first amount and put your VAT again, it's 2,721 euros, not 3,000 euros. As you can see, their making fan of us. Maybe they believe that southern EU countries must pay more, I don't know...
Offline
User avatar

adamroberts

  • Posts: 3600
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:27 am
  • Location: London / Essex

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 pm

nivou wrote:My Mediterranean friend, don't blame the VAT, we have a 23% here but the price is not justified by the VAT differences between EU countries. For example pick an online store wherever you like in EU, see the price ex. VAT and put your country's VAT. That's not the case. For example in UK, which is an EU member (for now), the price excluding VAT is 1,790 pounds and if we put your VAT is 2,165.90 pounds and in euros that's around 2,520 so as you can see, VAT is not the issue, but the premium they putting. Total unfair and unprofessional.



Each EU country has it's own Import Duties and Excise. That is the TAX added to goods imported from outside the EU. This is added before VAT is added. This is not controlled by the EU but by each country. The each country has it's own distribution channels that add mark-ups.

In the UK there is higher turn over of goods than in many of the other countries in the EU and so the mark-up on goods can be more competitive as they sell more and profit margin can be smaller.
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 pm

adamroberts wrote:
nivou wrote:My Mediterranean friend, don't blame the VAT, we have a 23% here but the price is not justified by the VAT differences between EU countries. For example pick an online store wherever you like in EU, see the price ex. VAT and put your country's VAT. That's not the case. For example in UK, which is an EU member (for now), the price excluding VAT is 1,790 pounds and if we put your VAT is 2,165.90 pounds and in euros that's around 2,520 so as you can see, VAT is not the issue, but the premium they putting. Total unfair and unprofessional.



Each EU country has it's own Import Duties and Excise. That is the TAX added to goods imported from outside the EU. This is added before VAT is added. This is not controlled by the EU but by each country. The each country has it's own distribution channels that add mark-ups.

In the UK there is higher turn over of goods than in many of the other countries in the EU and so the mark-up on goods can be more competitive as they sell more and profit margin can be smaller.


500 euros more?? I don't think so. As I wrote on previous message, some countries import directly from UK, so, there's not such thing. You can take the plane take it and come back with 300 euros left in your pocket... come on! There's not such a variation in any product I've seen in my life.
Offline
User avatar

adamroberts

  • Posts: 3600
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:27 am
  • Location: London / Essex

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 pm

nivou wrote:
adamroberts wrote:Each EU country has it's own Import Duties and Excise. That is the TAX added to goods imported from outside the EU. This is added before VAT is added. This is not controlled by the EU but by each country. The each country has it's own distribution channels that add mark-ups.

In the UK there is higher turn over of goods than in many of the other countries in the EU and so the mark-up on goods can be more competitive as they sell more and profit margin can be smaller.


500 euros more?? I don't think so. As I wrote on previous message, some countries import directly from UK, so, there's not such thing. You can take the plane take it and come back with 300 euros left in your pocket... come on! There's not such a variation in any product I've seen in my life.


Then it's your local distributor and reseller that is ripping you off.
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:23 pm

adamroberts wrote:
nivou wrote:
adamroberts wrote:Each EU country has it's own Import Duties and Excise. That is the TAX added to goods imported from outside the EU. This is added before VAT is added. This is not controlled by the EU but by each country. The each country has it's own distribution channels that add mark-ups.

In the UK there is higher turn over of goods than in many of the other countries in the EU and so the mark-up on goods can be more competitive as they sell more and profit margin can be smaller.


500 euros more?? I don't think so. As I wrote on previous message, some countries import directly from UK, so, there's not such thing. You can take the plane take it and come back with 300 euros left in your pocket... come on! There's not such a variation in any product I've seen in my life.


Then it's your local distributor and reseller that is ripping you off.


I 've doubled checked with two retailers, and I've learned that they get the suggested prices from a list that is provided by BMD in UK.
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 pm

adamroberts wrote:
Then it's your local distributor and reseller that is ripping you off.


If you find a spare, I can buy it on a premium! Is it 2,300 pounds ok for you?
Offline
User avatar

Perry Mulder

  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 pm
  • Location: Netherlands

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm

In the Netherlands the price is also 3000 euro's, some even sell for 3050 euro's,

That's preorder price, so I don't know if that wil change after it's in stock?

Perry
"Well, it's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men."
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 6:46 pm

From my research, the price in Europe varies from 2,450 to 3,050 euros including taxes. Also I remember that in the beginning the higher price was 2,990 euros and after July the raised it. That's not a "locked" price, is supply and demand price...
Offline

cls105

  • Posts: 27
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 am

Why don't you guys start a thread about prices, taxes, and VAT. This one is about shipping.

The post below this one is pointless.
Last edited by cls105 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Offline

Darryl Gregory

  • Posts: 939
  • Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 am
  • Location: LA

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 am

cls105 wrote:Why don't you guys start a thread about prices, taxes, and VAT. This one is about shipping.


Great idea cls105, and while you guys are at it post your gas/fuel prices here it's $5.00 a gallon again :evil:
They call it Summer gas blend? lol Gotta love California.
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 am

Sorry, I've forgot that this is the "Whining about my camera is not here yet" thread.
Offline

bhook

  • Posts: 1024
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 pm

nivou wrote:Sorry, I've forgot that this is the "Whining about my camera is not here yet" thread.


It seems to have morphed into a "whining because my camera is too expensive" thread. :lol:
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm

mhood wrote:
nivou wrote:Sorry, I've forgot that this is the "Whining about my camera is not here yet" thread.


It seems to have morphed into a "whining because my camera is too expensive" thread. :lol:


At least, is something more important and it can be informative consumer-wise. Whining in this forum about something that cannot be fixed or do something about will not bring you your camera faster
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Not to mention that I'll take my camera faster than you... :lol:
Offline

bhook

  • Posts: 1024
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Have you considered giving it six months and buying a used BMC EF?
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:14 pm

mhood wrote:Have you considered giving it six months and buying a used BMC EF?

I think that most of us here need the camera for some sort of a project. Maybe would be a good idea, maybe all those current issues will be solved with a firmware till then, but I' m not into second hand thing. I don't know how the previous person treated the camera and there's no BMD in my country, only reseller, so I cannot check the camera.
Offline

ckmayeux

  • Posts: 46
  • Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Great news! If you (like me) had the combo deal with B&H that includes the camera and handles for $3001.35 you can call and change your order to get the same deal Adorama is offering, Switronix power base kit & camera for $3095.00!
Ordered From: B&H
Order Date: 09/16/2012
Delivery: Not yet....
Offline

nivou

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 2:36 pm

That's a good deal for the States. Unfortunately if you are in Europe, and in countries like Greece, Spain etc. you will have to go with the local retailer and pay 3,050 euros (That's around $4,120)
Offline
User avatar

Que Thompson

  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 6:14 pm

nivou wrote:That's a good deal for the States. Unfortunately if you are in Europe, and in countries like Greece, Spain etc. you will have to go with the local retailer and pay 3,050 euros (That's around $4,120)


Uuuumm.. Don't Europeans get paid in euros? It's essentially the same. I think a variation only applies when the countries currency value is less than the dollar.
Offline

Fabián Matas

  • Posts: 95
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Jack Warhol wrote:
nivou wrote:That's a good deal for the States. Unfortunately if you are in Europe, and in countries like Greece, Spain etc. you will have to go with the local retailer and pay 3,050 euros (That's around $4,120)


Uuuumm.. Don't Europeans get paid in euros? It's essentially the same. I think a variation only applies when the countries currency value is less than the dollar.


Usually in Europe everything is more expensive because sellers tend to do a transfer $=€ we also have to pay VAT and that's different in each country, in Spain is actually the 21% of the value.
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darren Joy, Google [Bot], Ian Johnston, Marshall Harrington, Mike Halerz, Patrick Acum, Tyler Edwards and 31 guests