2 Sample DNG's

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ty Evans

2 Sample DNG's

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi all. First time ever posting on a forum so please bear with me. Here are some sample DNG's to play with. Sorry these are not that pretty!

both of these were shot
800 iso
180 shutter
canon 70 - 200

punching bag:
http://wtrns.fr/spJC1eHB2Sxva9M

exposure test:
http://wtrns.fr/81e28Aw61yL33-6

there are photos of the cam on my instagram @prettysweetmovie

Ty

Jesuan Soriano

Re: 2 Sample DNG's

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 pm

hi Ty!!! i've been watching some clips on your twetter..and you do a great job!!! I think is amazing how the latitude on this camera is so amazing!!!! And the exposure test is quite awesome too. Nice you can play with extreme footage i hope to see. :)

and in the boxer sequence i've seen it comes with audio but I just imported it to AE and it takes the footage as 25p and the audio is quite a bit longer....

thanks for sharing your dng!!!!

js
Jesus Soriano

Ty Evans

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi Jesuan. Glad u got a chance to check it out. I haven't brought any DNG's into AE yet but it sounds like it is interpreting the DNG at the wrong frame rate. Right click on the DNG in the project window, and then go to "interpret footage", and then change the footage to 23.98, click OK, and then drop the DNG in a 23.98 timeline and then the audio should be lined up correctly.

Jesuan Soriano

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm

yeah... i dind't bother about audio because image is what I was checking, but i realised is out of sync...and the exposure test you do some kind of bracketing but when i imported at first the footage in Ae it opens directly Camera Raw, so I twicked parametres in CR to get perfect exposure..(amazing how much information there is in highlight), and then i messed up the whole test...but amazing performance of this camera...just a little noisy in the indoors, but anyway awesome... So when will you be releasing that movie you are making??? :)
Jesus Soriano

Ty Evans

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Right on Jesuan. Yeah the dynamic range is amazing. Great camera for a great price.

November 16. Editing now. Hopefully I can get some shots from the BMCC in the film. U can follow the film here:

http://prettysweetvideo.com

Jesuan Soriano

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 am

Hey thanks Ty!!! i watched some of your videos on youtube I think and I saw you came to barcelona!!! Where did you film exactly?? hope you had a great time filming in such nice city!!!
js
Jesus Soriano

Tal Peled

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 6:22 pm

thanks ty for the footage , i played with it and graded it a bit
here is the link :

Return to Cinematography