1.2 firmware request

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Jim Froom

1.2 firmware request

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 pm

I'm a pc user desperately needing the 1.2 firmware for drive formatting. I'm just learning the camera and no paid work for the camera in the short term, so if 1.2 isn't being released in the next couple days, I'd like to know if I could get a beta copy. Will sign whatever you need.
Jim Froom

Felix Steinhardt

Re: 1.2 firmware request

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Same here. Won´t buy Macdrive just for a few days...

Dennis Nomer

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 7:35 am

Ditto. You have had this thing in beta for awhile. We PC folks really need that ExFAT. You have had ExFAT released for months for the Hyperdeck Shuttle. Why cannot 1.2 for BMCC get released? I have MacDrive, but I much prefer ExFAT.
Dennis Nomer

Remo Pini

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 8:11 am

Felix Steinhardt wrote:Same here. Won´t buy Macdrive just for a few days...

Besides using the trial version to format and read the drive to tie you over for a bit, you might consider *gasp* spending $50. It's really a drop in the ocean compared to the camera + accessories you got :)
Director | Line Producer | https://grayeminence.ch

Jim Froom

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 pm

remopini wrote:

Besides using the trial version to format and read the drive to tie you over for a bit, you might consider *gasp* spending $50. It's really a drop in the ocean compared to the camera + accessories you got :)

I have 3 computers I jump between. So that's $150 that I don't care to spend.

What's another $50, $100, or whatever is what I try to teach people not to think like. Buying s--- you don't need or that will be worthless in a few weeks. There's a reason why businesses charge too much, people don't save enough, and countries like the USA is loaded in debt we will never get out from. It's called waste. Sure it's just $50, but it's money that doesn't need to be spent. Will it matter when I'm dead. Probably not, it just the principle of it.

I repeat, it would sure be nice to see 1.2 out sooner than later for us PC folks.
Jim Froom

rick.lang

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 am

jfro wrote:
remopini wrote:

I have 3 computers I jump between. So that's $150 that I don't care to spend.

What's another $50, $100, or whatever is what I try to teach people not to think like. Buying s--- you don't need or that will be worthless in a few weeks. There's a reason why businesses charge too much, people don't save enough, and countries like the USA is loaded in debt we will never get out from. It's called waste. Sure it's just $50, but it's money that doesn't need to be spent. Will it matter when I'm dead. Probably not, it just the principle of it.

I repeat, it would sure be nice to see 1.2 out sooner than later for us PC folks.

Firmware 1.2 is available.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography