4.6K Turret for Original Ursa Owners?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

David Hessel

Re: 4.6K Turret for Original Ursa Owners?

PostMon Apr 30, 2018 2:11 am

Ben Mart wrote:Nay sayers abound but pls check out the pinned thread by Grant and his statement, bitches.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Do you honestly believe the turret is still coming or was this an attempt at sarcasm?
David Hessel

Ben Mart

• Warnings: 1

PostMon May 14, 2018 8:17 am

Micheal - must've hit a nerve...lol I see this thread as promoting the ursa getting a turret, it's a brilliant camera and really can't fault it. I think "certain" people who comment about it don't own a ursa and are just gloating.

David - no sarcasm, I've got no reason not to believe BMD saying 'they are working on it.' They have stated they are problems but the boffins are working on it. Obviously it's not top priority as seen with the 30 odd products coming out since the statement but that's biz. With a full range of cameras now including pocket 4k maybe they can allocate more resources to it while the pocket4k cash cow gets milked. As stated in other comments no one believed that the 4k pocket was coming.

I would be concerned if they came out with a new ursa mini sensor think that would be the nail in the coffin.

BMD always said they want the same os in each camera so not sure how that will work with 3 screens but probably not the hardest thing to figure out.

Best outcome would be a range of sensor turrets - the 4.6k, pocket4k, broadcast so we can match them with other cameras we are using or when working alongside other camerapersons with BMD cameras. Or just the 4.6k turret.

I could be completely wrong and we (ursa major owners) have all been shafted with a extended monopod...but don't see BMD to be that sort of company they haven't given me a reason not to believe otherwise...apart from the pr blackout and think that's down to bad pr choices. Until they say, I will give them the benefit of doubt.

The ursa is still earning me money, 4k is going to be around for awhile - extra couple of stops of dr would be nice but my clients don't ask for that, so can't really complain either way.

robertmanningjr

PostSat May 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Gene Kochanowsky wrote:Sorry marc, I didn't mean to call you crazy, I meant to imply that your behavior was crazy. But hey, carry on. Continue posting the same message over and over again and getting no response. A perfectly sane thing to do. Knock yourself out.

I would suggest you troll somewhere else. As was stated previously, "You have no skin in the game." So it seems you just visit this post to insult people.
Rob
Resolve Studio (Latest Version)
OS X Sierra Version 10.13.6
Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
2 x 3.46 6-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8096 MB

robertmanningjr

PostSat May 26, 2018 1:01 pm

RaviRajah wrote:Shipping my URSA back to BM today along with original invoice and a letter requesting a full refund or replacement as the goods purchased were not as advertised.

2875 Bayview Drive Fremont, CA 94538. Att: DAN MAY

Did you get the same response I did?
Rob
Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC

Gene Kochanowsky

PostSat May 26, 2018 1:50 pm

robertmanningjr wrote:
Gene Kochanowsky wrote:Sorry marc, I didn't mean to call you crazy, I meant to imply that your behavior was crazy. But hey, carry on. Continue posting the same message over and over again and getting no response. A perfectly sane thing to do. Knock yourself out.

I would suggest you troll somewhere else. As was stated previously, "You have no skin in the game." So it seems you just visit this post to insult people.

You're right, I do not own an Ursa. I did consider it when I could get one for $500, but it was a PL mount and I don't own any PL lenses, and it is such a heavy, heavy camera.

I am not here to insult people. This thread is an attractive nuisance. BM does not respond, people make all sorts of outlandish threats and demands. The camera is discontinued. BM never in the history of the camera offered turrets of any kind for sale. They did promise a 4.6K turret but that has dropped out of sight. Except for the few diehards that post in this thread from time to time, no one appears to care. I have yet to see a recent interview with BM with even a mention of the turret.

BM has moved on dude. Maybe you should do the same.

In any case telling people they can't post in a thread and calling them trolls is rather trollish. If you don't like the facts on the ground don't shoot the messenger.

robertmanningjr

PostTue May 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Gene Kochanowsky wrote:
robertmanningjr wrote:

You're right, I do not own an Ursa. I did consider it when I could get one for $500, but it was a PL mount and I don't own any PL lenses, and it is such a heavy, heavy camera.

I am not here to insult people. This thread is an attractive nuisance. BM does not respond, people make all sorts of outlandish threats and demands. The camera is discontinued. BM never in the history of the camera offered turrets of any kind for sale. They did promise a 4.6K turret but that has dropped out of sight. Except for the few diehards that post in this thread from time to time, no one appears to care. I have yet to see a recent interview with BM with even a mention of the turret.

BM has moved on dude. Maybe you should do the same.

In any case telling people they can't post in a thread and calling them trolls is rather trollish. If you don't like the facts on the ground don't shoot the messenger.

You admitting what we already know is not necessary. You assuming that I haven't moved on is wrong, because I moved on a long time ago. I've already asked for my money back, but again, your limited knowledge on the subject wouldn't make you privy to that information.

And you are insulting people as has been stated by others, and that by definition is trolling since you have no material interest. You can continue to insult people and no one is stopping you. I'm just suggestion a mature way to proceed. It is absolutely your choice to continue your behavior. Have fun.
Rob
Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC

Ben Mart

• Warnings: 1

PostWed May 30, 2018 7:15 pm

@BMD

It's nearly been a year since the last statement on the current state of the turret process.

Please can you be the company that I know your are and inform us what the situation is? Either way, isn't it the morally right thing to do?

Ta.

Previous

Return to Cinematography