Page 2 of 2

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:39 am
by John Bernard
I am considering this package; Ursa mini 4.6k EF with the upcoming canon 18-80mm lens because it is the only more affordable cine lens option at this time (US $5200). I shoot commercials, events, and docs, mostly handheld, and I need an ENG style camera/lens package. I considered the PL mount mini with B4 adapter and HD ENG lenses($4K and up used) but for about the same price, with the canon, I get a S35 cine lens with servo that takes advance of the full sensor and resolution of the camera rather than just HD. 4.4 stops is good enough for me. Canon has also announced they are coming out with a telephoto version of this lens. I'd appreciate any thoughts or feedback on this combination. Thanks.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:08 pm
by John Fishback
It works on our URSA running the latest firmware with the CNE 30-105 zoom.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:26 pm
by John Fishback
Just checked with an associate who has the UM4.6 & CNE primes and they all report to his camera.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:29 am
by Nelson Rogers
John Fishback wrote:Just checked with an associate who has the UM4.6 & CNE primes and they all report to his camera.


Interesting. I wonder why mine stopped working. There isn't any kind of firmware IN the lens is there? I was using my UM4.6 today and taking note that when I change codec settings and the camera boots into the new setting that the lens would update it's fstop on screen, but it wouldn't keep up with aperture changes after that.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:46 pm
by Tim Schumann
Are you on 4.0 Beta 2 Nelson?

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:31 am
by William McGough
Lens model: Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
Focal Length: 10-18mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: ? Not sure, lens is so wide that it is hard to judge.
Vignettes: At 10mm: yes. 11-18mm: no.

Comment:
If you want an ultra-wide rectilinear lens (especially a lightweight one for gimbal work), this should be near the top of your list!

The maximum aperture is pretty slow (f/4.5 is the max at 10mm and f/4.8 at 11mm), however, it is very sharp at maximum aperture, good enough for 4K.

Since this is a Canon EF-S lens, it has some vignetting on the 4.6k sensor (since that sensor is larger than the Canon APS-C sensor). Thankfully, however, if you zoom in to 11mm, the vignetting is gone and is gone from the rest of the zoom range. (So, if you have a 4.6k, just pretend it is a 11-18mm f/4.8-5.6!)

Another downside is that it is focus-by-wire. However, given its short focal length and narrow aperture, you'll rarely need to pull focus. Furthermore, this lens is ideal for gimbal/drone work as the lens can be electronically-focused from LAN-C remotes connected to the Ursa. (However, if you need to use a geared system, this lens will likely prove challenging.)

At ~$300, there were bound to be compromises, but I have yet to find a better ultra wide other than the Arri UWZ (~$53,000). (The new Sigma 12-24mm f/4 Art looks promising, but it is not as wide and it will not accommodate a screw-in ND filter due to its bulbous front element.)

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:49 pm
by Dustin Blay
Will the Canon EF 100-400mm work on the URSA Mini 4K EF?

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:16 pm
by David Lawson
Piero Lancialonga wrote:Hi,
after update URSA Mini EF 4k to 3.3 the Canon lens L 16-35mm 2.8 II is no longer recognized. The Canon 24-70mm L 2.8 I and the 70-200mm L 2.8 I continue to work properly. Another of my lens, the Canon 100mm macro L 2.8 IS was never recognized whit 2.8 or 3.3.
I live in Rome Italy and I need to continue working with 16-35mm lens, the only alternative is to go back to the old firmware?
I look forward to your response
Thank you
Piero


Hi Piero,

I've also had the same issue with the Canon L 16-35 2.8 II. I couldn't get it to work on firmware 3.1 to 3.4. Had to go back to 2.8.1 in order to get lens functionality again. Don't know if version 4 has fixed the issue yet but I'll be giving it a go when I can give the ursa some down time.

-Dave

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:24 pm
by Tim Schumann
David Lawson wrote:
Piero Lancialonga wrote:after update URSA Mini EF 4k to 3.3 the Canon lens L 16-35mm 2.8 II is no longer recognized.

I've also had the same issue with the Canon L 16-35 2.8 II. Had to go back to 2.8.1 in order to get lens functionality again.

Going up to version 4 won't solve this for you. If going back from 3+ to 2.8.1 gets the lens working then your camera will need to come in to one of our support centres. We have a procedure that will get this lens working on version 3 and 4 and will also maximise compatibility with other EF lenses.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:14 pm
by alexgreen
Lens model: Zeiss Milvus
Focal Length: 50mm
AF works: n/a
Aperture control: no
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no

Tested on URSA Mini 4.6k

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:06 pm
by tonyrice
Tim Schumann wrote:
David Lawson wrote:
Piero Lancialonga wrote:after update URSA Mini EF 4k to 3.3 the Canon lens L 16-35mm 2.8 II is no longer recognized.

I've also had the same issue with the Canon L 16-35 2.8 II. Had to go back to 2.8.1 in order to get lens functionality again.

Going up to version 4 won't solve this for you. If going back from 3+ to 2.8.1 gets the lens working then your camera will need to come in to one of our support centres. We have a procedure that will get this lens working on version 3 and 4 and will also maximise compatibility with other EF lenses.



What is the procedure to send our camera in for hardware fix?

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:25 pm
by Tim Schumann
Contact one of our support offices...

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:10 pm
by MichaelRempel
I still dont have my ursa mini, the budget should be good by mid december for it.

I am wondering about the Canon EF 35mm f1.2 L USM. I use it sometimes indoors for a lurking in the corner feel. I love the 84 deg frame width but it is probably not high on most people's film lists. It does look like a security camera indoors for sure. ...

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:24 pm
by Arturo Chu
Could you please add support for TAMRON lenses, specially this ones:

Tamron SP AFA012C700 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD (EF Mount)

SP 70-200MM F/2.8 DI VC USD Canon EF (Model A009E)

Please...

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:52 pm
by Paul Wassink
I tested this two EF lenses on my Ursa Mini 4K.

Lens model: EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6L IS USM
Focal Length: 70-300mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens
Note: Not working on URSA Mini 4K with firmware 4.0. Working on version 3.3

and

Lens model: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
Focal Length: 16-35mm
AF works: no
Aperture control: no
IS works: N/A
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:56 pm
by Paul Wassink
Simon Baker wrote:
Lens model: Canon 50mm f/1.4 EF
Focal Length: 50mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: N/A
Vignettes: No

Works fine with me as well.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:53 am
by Arturo Chu
Paul Wassink wrote:I tested this two EF lenses on my Ursa Mini 4K.

Lens model: EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6L IS USM
Focal Length: 70-300mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens
Note: Not working on URSA Mini 4K with firmware 4.0. Working on version 3.3

and

Lens model: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
Focal Length: 16-35mm
AF works: no
Aperture control: no
IS works: N/A
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens



any official statement on lens compatibility?

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 pm
by Tim Schumann
If these lenses are not working for you please contact support.

There is a mod that can be done which will get these lenses, and all others working for you but it will need to come in to one of our support centres.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:09 pm
by jgason
Hi there,

Did anyone already test the Canon EF 11-24/4.0 USM on the URSA 4.6k ?

I was considering it as a wide angle zoom but would like to know if at least aperture works on the URSA.

Best regards

Jean-Luc

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:23 pm
by MattRozier
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the following lenses?

Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC
Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS
Sigma 50-150 f2.8 OS

Looking at getting a stabilised zoom, I know the Canon 70-200 f2.8 II is a great lens, but just wondering whether these other lenses are working on the ursa mini - stabilisation and aperture control?

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:25 pm
by James Harkness
After skimming through I didn't see anyone note the Sigma 30mm 1.4. Auto focus works on Ursa Mini 4k EF and I don't see any vignetting. Iris button works as well and aperture is displayed correctly. Seems to be working perfectly fine

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:02 am
by Jamie LeJeune
Lens model: Canon 18 - 80mm T4.4 IS
Focal Length: 18-80mm
AF works: No
Aperture control: Manual Only (but blessedly clickless and totally smooth)
IS works: Yes (when recording)
Vignettes: some darkening of the corners from 18-21mm, but still usable at those angles (in my opinion)

Rented to test it this week and am pleased to say that it is working well for my needs and looks like it may be my next investment in glass for the 4.6K EF Ursa Mini. It is such a joy to have a truly parfocal EF mount lens that exhibits no visible breahting. Considering it only weighs half as much (2.5 pounds) and costs half as much as the closest competing options from Zeiss (the 21-100 starts at T2.9 but unfortunately ramps some through the range) and Angénieux (which are T2 but has one lens with 15-40 and another 30-90 so you'll need both lenses to cover same range, so 4x the cost compared to the Canon).

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:56 pm
by AJ Henderson
adamroberts wrote:
jerrygladh wrote:EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Not working, at least not on the Mini 4K EF and FW 3.1


Strange. The one I tested worked just fine. Will add a note to the list. Thanks


Mine works on FW 4.0, though I notice the AF moves it a bit too much at a time sometimes and misses the focus point fairly regularly (just never finds it at all and gives up).

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:11 pm
by Tim Schumann
jerrygladh wrote:BM UK fixed my Ursa mini 4k EF and
all my canon lenses now working.

Fast service....

Jerry


The list did not get updated after this post.
This lens is working on 4.x software with URSA Mini.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:44 am
by Edwin Beeler
Hi Jamie
Just a question considering the Canon 18-80mm T4.4 IS: Does it work with the Broadcast Lens Controller of the Ursa Mini (Pro)?

Jamie LeJeune wrote:Lens model: Canon 18 - 80mm T4.4 IS
Focal Length: 18-80mm
AF works: No
Aperture control: Manual Only (but blessedly clickless and totally smooth)
IS works: Yes (when recording)
Vignettes: some darkening of the corners from 18-21mm, but still usable at those angles (in my opinion)

Rented to test it this week and am pleased to say that it is working well for my needs and looks like it may be my next investment in glass for the 4.6K EF Ursa Mini. It is such a joy to have a truly parfocal EF mount lens that exhibits no visible breahting. Considering it only weighs half as much (2.5 pounds) and costs half as much as the closest competing options from Zeiss (the 21-100 starts at T2.9 but unfortunately ramps some through the range) and Angénieux (which are T2 but has one lens with 15-40 and another 30-90 so you'll need both lenses to cover same range, so 4x the cost compared to the Canon).

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:04 pm
by Jamie LeJeune
Edwin Beeler wrote:Hi Jamie
Just a question considering the Canon 18-80mm T4.4 IS: Does it work with the Broadcast Lens Controller of the Ursa Mini (Pro)?


Used it on the original Ursa Mini. I've no idea about how it functions on the newly released Pro. I'll be at NAB this year and that is one the questions I'll be asking.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:49 am
by gunnarsandberg1
Will Ursa Mini Pro 4,6 support; "Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS
II" ? Function support like; AF(Auto Focus) ,Aperture control and IS (Image stabilization).

Thanks in advanced.

Gunnar Sandberg

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:02 pm
by gunnarsandberg1
adamroberts wrote:So as the URSA Min 4.6K is now shipping and many already have their hands on the URSA Mini 4K I thought it might be good to compile an updated Lens Compatibility List.

Many have asked if APS-C lenses will vignette on the 4.6K sensor. Some will (mostly Canon branded), some won't (those that are also available in Nikon mount). So I've added an extra field to test for this.

Here is the template:
Lens model:
Focal Length:
AF works: (yes/no)
Aperture control: (yes/no)
IS works: (yes/no/NA)
Vignettes: (yes/no) *on the 4.6K


Here is my list so far:

Canon Lenses
Lens model: EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
Focal Length: 14mm
AF works: no - tested by Jerry
Aperture control: no - tested by jerrygladh
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame lens

Lens model: Canon 50mm f/1.4 EF
Focal Length: 50mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: N/A
Vignettes: No

Lens model: EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Focal Length: 100mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: Yes
Vignettes: No

Lens model: TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L
Focal Length: 24mm
AF works: manual focus lens
Aperture control: yes
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - even with TS adjustments - tested by Sebastian Kaz

Lens model: 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Focal Length: 24-70mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame lens

Lens model: EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM
Focal Length: 24-105mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Focal Length: 70-200mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens
Note: Jerry reports his is not working on his URSA Mini 4K with firmware 3.1


Lens model: EF 70-200mm 1:4 L IS USM
Focal Length: 70-200mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: EF 70-200mm 1:4 L IS USM plus EXTENDER EF 2x II
Focal Length: 70-200mm
AF works: no
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens


Carl Zeiss Lenses
Lens model: Distagon T* 2/35mm ZE
Focal Length: 35mm
AF works: n/a (manual focus lens)
Aperture control: yes - tested by Philippe Metro
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: Planar T* 1,4/85mm ZE
Focal Length: 85mm
AF works: n/a (manual focus lens)
Aperture control: yes - tested by Philippe Metro
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Sigma Lenses
Lens model: 50mm 1:1.4 DG ART
Focal Length: 50mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: 35mm 1:1.4 DG ART
Focal Length: 35mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: 24mm 1:1.4 DG ART
Focal Length: 24mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: 18-35mm 1:1.8 DC ART
Focal Length: 18-35mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - covers full 4.6K sensor at all focal lengths.

Lens model: 17-50mm 1:2.8 EX HSM
Focal Length: 17-50mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: yes - on the wide end (17-19mm) there is some slight vignetting in the corners

Lens model: 10-20mm 1:3.5 DC HSM
Focal Length: 10-20mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: yes - on the wide end (10-11mm) there is some slight vignetting in the corners


Tokina Lenses
Lens model: Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX
Focal Length: 11-20mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: N/A
Vignettes: No


Will Ursa Mini Pro 4,6 support; "Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS
II" ?
AF works: ?
Aperture control: ?
IS works: ?

Gunnar Sandberg

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:50 am
by gunnarsandberg1
gunnarsandberg1 wrote:
adamroberts wrote:So as the URSA Min 4.6K is now shipping and many already have their hands on the URSA Mini 4K I thought it might be good to compile an updated Lens Compatibility List.

Many have asked if APS-C lenses will vignette on the 4.6K sensor. Some will (mostly Canon branded), some won't (those that are also available in Nikon mount). So I've added an extra field to test for this.

Here is the template:
Lens model:
Focal Length:
AF works: (yes/no)
Aperture control: (yes/no)
IS works: (yes/no/NA)
Vignettes: (yes/no) *on the 4.6K


Here is my list so far:

Canon Lenses
Lens model: EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
Focal Length: 14mm
AF works: no - tested by Jerry
Aperture control: no - tested by jerrygladh
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame lens

Lens model: Canon 50mm f/1.4 EF
Focal Length: 50mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: N/A
Vignettes: No

Lens model: EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Focal Length: 100mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: Yes
Vignettes: No

Lens model: TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L
Focal Length: 24mm
AF works: manual focus lens
Aperture control: yes
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - even with TS adjustments - tested by Sebastian Kaz

Lens model: 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Focal Length: 24-70mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame lens

Lens model: EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM
Focal Length: 24-105mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Focal Length: 70-200mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens
Note: Jerry reports his is not working on his URSA Mini 4K with firmware 3.1


Lens model: EF 70-200mm 1:4 L IS USM
Focal Length: 70-200mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: EF 70-200mm 1:4 L IS USM plus EXTENDER EF 2x II
Focal Length: 70-200mm
AF works: no
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens


Carl Zeiss Lenses
Lens model: Distagon T* 2/35mm ZE
Focal Length: 35mm
AF works: n/a (manual focus lens)
Aperture control: yes - tested by Philippe Metro
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: Planar T* 1,4/85mm ZE
Focal Length: 85mm
AF works: n/a (manual focus lens)
Aperture control: yes - tested by Philippe Metro
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Sigma Lenses
Lens model: 50mm 1:1.4 DG ART
Focal Length: 50mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: 35mm 1:1.4 DG ART
Focal Length: 35mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: 24mm 1:1.4 DG ART
Focal Length: 24mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: 18-35mm 1:1.8 DC ART
Focal Length: 18-35mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - covers full 4.6K sensor at all focal lengths.

Lens model: 17-50mm 1:2.8 EX HSM
Focal Length: 17-50mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: yes - on the wide end (17-19mm) there is some slight vignetting in the corners

Lens model: 10-20mm 1:3.5 DC HSM
Focal Length: 10-20mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: yes - on the wide end (10-11mm) there is some slight vignetting in the corners


Tokina Lenses
Lens model: Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX
Focal Length: 11-20mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: N/A
Vignettes: No


Will Ursa Mini Pro 4,6 support; "Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS
II" ?
AF works: ?
Aperture control: ?
IS works: ?

Gunnar Sandberg

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS
MK1" ?
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: Yes

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:53 pm
by Paul Kim
Anyone know if the Canon CN-E 15.5-47 works with the URSA Mini Pro?

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:14 pm
by Tim Schumann
Yes that lens has 31.4mm circle of coverage so should work fine.

It is a manual cine lens so you don't get iris, focus or zoom control.
I would recommend getting the PL mount version as EF is not an ideal mount for cine lenses such as this.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:58 pm
by edwardcolins
adamroberts wrote:So as the URSA Min 4.6K is now shipping and many already have their hands on the URSA Mini 4K I thought it might be good to compile an updated Lens Compatibility List.

Many have asked if APS-C lenses will vignette on the 4.6K sensor. Some will (mostly Canon branded), some won't (those that are also available in Nikon mount). So I've added an extra field to test for this.

Here is the template:
Lens model:
Focal Length:
AF works: (yes/no)
Aperture control: (yes/no)
IS works: (yes/no/NA)
Vignettes: (yes/no) *on the 4.6K


Here is my list so far:

Canon Lenses
Lens model: EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
Focal Length: 14mm
AF works: no - tested by Jerry
Aperture control: no - tested by jerrygladh
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame lens

Lens model: Canon 50mm f/1.4 EF
Focal Length: 50mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: N/A
Vignettes: No

Lens model: EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Focal Length: 100mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: Yes
Vignettes: No

Lens model: TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L
Focal Length: 24mm
AF works: manual focus lens
Aperture control: yes
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - even with TS adjustments - tested by Sebastian Kaz

Lens model: 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Focal Length: 24-70mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame lens

Lens model: EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM
Focal Length: 24-105mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Focal Length: 70-200mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens
Note: Jerry reports his is not working on his URSA Mini 4K with firmware 3.1


Lens model: EF 70-200mm 1:4 L IS USM
Focal Length: 70-200mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: EF 70-200mm 1:4 L IS USM plus EXTENDER EF 2x II
Focal Length: 70-200mm
AF works: no
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens


Carl Zeiss Lenses
Lens model: Distagon T* 2/35mm ZE
Focal Length: 35mm
AF works: n/a (manual focus lens)
Aperture control: yes - tested by Philippe Metro
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: Planar T* 1,4/85mm ZE
Focal Length: 85mm
AF works: n/a (manual focus lens)
Aperture control: yes - tested by Philippe Metro
IS works: n/a
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Sigma Lenses
Lens model: 50mm 1:1.4 DG ART
Focal Length: 50mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: 35mm 1:1.4 DG ART
Focal Length: 35mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: 24mm 1:1.4 DG ART
Focal Length: 24mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - Full Frame Lens

Lens model: 18-35mm 1:1.8 DC ART
Focal Length: 18-35mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: NA
Vignettes: no - covers full 4.6K sensor at all focal lengths.

Lens model: 17-50mm 1:2.8 EX HSM
Focal Length: 17-50mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: yes - on the wide end (17-19mm) there is some slight vignetting in the corners

Lens model: 10-20mm 1:3.5 DC HSM
Focal Length: 10-20mm
AF works: yes
Aperture control: yes
IS works: yes
Vignettes: yes - on the wide end (10-11mm) there is some slight vignetting in the corners


Tokina Lenses
Lens model: Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX
Focal Length: 11-20mm
AF works: Yes
Aperture control: Yes
IS works: N/A
Vignettes: No



Thanks for the information...

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:31 am
by Paul Kim
Tim Schumann wrote:Yes that lens has 31.4mm circle of coverage so should work fine.

It is a manual cine lens so you don't get iris, focus or zoom control.
I would recommend getting the PL mount version as EF is not an ideal mount for cine lenses such as this.

Thanks Tim. I had a vendor do a test with the URSA Mini Pro and the Canon 18-80mm CN-E. He said it wasn't compatible, but I wasn't there to verify. Can you confirm if the 18-80 will work with the Mini Pro? I heard it works fine with the Mini. Perhaps he had older firmware? This will determine whether or not we order 3 URSA Mini Pros this week, thanks.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:08 pm
by Chris Clifton
Paul Kim wrote:Anyone know if the Canon CN-E 15.5-47 works with the URSA Mini Pro?
I know the CNe 18-80 does not--the UMP considers it a manual lens. It recognizes it but does not talk to it in any way...no AF, no IS, nothing. I have the combo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:40 am
by Tim Schumann
The zoom rocker for the 18-80mm T4.4 is able to be powered through the lens mount from URSA Mini EF and URSA Mini Pro currently. Information such as lens name, iris, focus and zoom position values are all able to be read and recorded by URSA Mini's lens metadata system. Electronic control of iris and focus on these lenses will be added in a future software update. Use of focus and zoom demands is possible on these lenses but additional custom cables are required from 3rd party manufacturers (Zacuto & IDX) for this.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:22 pm
by jerrygladh
Well, have the 18-80 heading my way for the UMP but without IS, off cause one have to wait. IS is one of the main reasons for that lens.

Jerry

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:57 pm
by Tim Schumann
This is now working on 4.4!

Time for a new 4.4 lens thread.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:25 pm
by Adam Wright
Hi all. I have been told that all/most EF and EF-S lenses work with the URSA Mini 4.6K. Is that information incorrect? Thank you very much.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 am
by adamroberts
Adam Wright wrote:Hi all. I have been told that all/most EF and EF-S lenses work with the URSA Mini 4.6K. Is that information incorrect? Thank you very much.


That is correct. Pretty much any EF or EF-S lens should work on the URSA Mini. You will find that some EF-S lenses might vignette a little as EF-S are designed to cover a 1.6x crop sensor. The URSA Mini 4.6k has an effective crop of 1.53x when compared to an Full Frame DSLR (or 135 film format).

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:13 pm
by RickyTerzis
Hi...i am a new user here. I want to know has anyone used the canon CN-E range of lenses on the UM4.6k? Mine aren't showing the Tstop in the viewfinder correctly, just a random aperture that's locked no matter what your lens is set to.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:42 pm
by John Fishback
The CNE 30-105 works on our UMP.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:18 pm
by Tim Schumann
Ricky have you updated your camera and Viewfinder to 4.4?

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:40 pm
by Antti Haaranen
Hi, could anyone please confirm if
- Sigma 24-70 f2.8 DG OS HSM ART or
- Tamron 24-70 f2.8 DI VC USD G2
would work on Ursa Mini 4.6 EF?

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:08 am
by Chris Lands
Hi !

Ursa mini 4k ef fw 4.4 ( delivered july 2017)

lens Canon ef 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM

autoIris: works
autofocus : not working
manuell focus: not working

Need some help please !

Best regards
Chris

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:34 pm
by John Richard
Lens model: Canon 35mm 1.4 L Prime (original model - not the current II model)
Focal Length: 35mm
AF works: (yes/no) Yes
Aperture control: (yes/no) Yes
IS works: (yes/no/NA) NA
Vignettes: (yes/no) No on Ursa Mini Pro (4.5 Firmware)

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 pm
by Alex Wolaver
Tim, at this point are all aspects of these Canon lenses compatible for control trough the Ursa Mini Pro? We currently own two UmPs and are expanding to five and need compatible Servo lenses.

Thanks,
Alex Wolaver

EDIT: to clarify, this is regarding the Canon Compact Servo 18-80 and 70-200 CN-E lenses.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:27 am
by Tim Schumann
Iris, Focus and zoom control is working from the camera or ATEM switcher when using our EF mount.

The zoom rocker, Rec start/stop and AF trigger is also working on the accessory handgrip as long as the cable is plugged into the lens. That connector on the lens is in a strange spot so you’ll probably need the shoulder kit or a third party bridge/baseplate on your Mini to lift it up a bit so that the connector doesn’t foul when the camera is sitting on a bench or desk.

For use with Canon zoom and focus demands you will need the Zacuto Y cable because for some reason Canon don’t make one.

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:51 pm
by John Richard
Dom Dycaico wrote:Just got the Sigma 50-100 1.8 Art (EF Mount)
functions are working normally (focus, iris +/-)
seems to have a very minor vignette but i'll have to double check.

URSA Mini 4.6k


After using your 50-100 lens for over a year, what are the positives and negatives you've experienced?