4.6k Shipments

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

James Alexander Barnett

Re: Seriously BM, where are the cameras??

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 9:10 pm

I really feel like jumping ship to, not because I'm impatient but because Blackmagic Design still insists the camera's are shipping which is a load of bull. If they were straight down the line and said look guys we are really sorry we are trying to solve problems and we need a few months to work on it then fine, I would happily go about my work using my BMPCC or consider purchasing another camera, but the fact we have employees on the forum saying we can't tell you anything because we don't have any further information it just seems a little insulting to me.

If the employees of a company can't tell us why our money is being held by retailers or even admit why the cameras aren't coming out the factory then who is supposed to tell us?

By the time this camera is released there will be something better for us all to spend my money on, if I haven't received my camera by the end of August I think they will lose me as a customer.
James Alexander Barnett
www.jamesalexanderdp.co.uk
URSA Mini 4.6k
Pocket 6k Pro

William Eguienta

Re: 4.6k Shipments

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 9:57 pm

We wish receive what we paid for a year earlier

www.kaiz3r.net

Richard Oakes

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Dan Keeble wrote:get the URSA mini 4K :)

There isn't any!
Richard Oakes.

Emilian Dechev

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 10:28 pm

My retailer swapped my Ursa order for a Sony FS7 + I paid the difference. The FS7 is a great camera, happy camper now :)

Linell Roy

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 11:27 pm

James Barnett wrote:I really feel like jumping ship to, not because I'm impatient but because Blackmagic Design still insists the camera's are shipping which is a load of bull. If they were straight down the line and said look guys we are really sorry we are trying to solve problems and we need a few months to work on it then fine, I would happily go about my work using my BMPCC or consider purchasing another camera, but the fact we have employees on the forum saying we can't tell you anything because we don't have any further information it just seems a little insulting to me.

If the employees of a company can't tell us why our money is being held by retailers or even admit why the cameras aren't coming out the factory then who is supposed to tell us?

By the time this camera is released there will be something better for us all to spend my money on, if I haven't received my camera by the end of August I think they will lose me as a customer.

****, the most im waiting now is till the end of july. my next due date is tomorrow. if it dont magically appear im saying **** blackmagicdesign. if i gotta curse to get a response so be it. even if they were just to say they have no answer. actually **** that. they work for the company. someone has to have an answer. thats disrespect. seriously bm, where are the cameras??
IG @DatGuyESEF

Carlos Hervas

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 12:00 am

I believe those FS cameras are also in back order until Fall. Not that even believe they are on part with the BM cameras. Sony image is just ugly. They are all those Canon C available everywhere, but with Canon for less than $10000 you are only getting that cheeseball 8 bits internal recording. So there are no other choices if you are looking for that beautiful, thick and flexible image at the Mini camera range.
I would love to see Fujifilm jump into this space even if it was starting with one of those chips that they are using in there top tier mirrorless cameras and packaged like the Mini. There is much to be said for companies that they have learned all there color science through their historic experience making film stock. The JPEGs simulating Fuji film stock coming out of Fujifilm mirrorless are jaw dropping, just absolutely beautiful film like images. Love to see those film stock choices on a ProRess internal recording digital cinema camera for $4995.
Carlos Hervas

rick.lang

Seriously BM, where are the cameras??

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 2:43 am

My assistant cameraman recently bought one of those "top tier mirrorless" cameras. I'll take a look at it when he visits soon.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkImage

Kinda looks like BMD could use him in their web promotional materials, eh?
Rick Lang

Carlos Hervas

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 3:06 pm

There is a BM meet/expo or what ever they want to make of it this upcoming Wed in NYC. It might be worthy of a visit.
Carlos Hervas

James Alexander Barnett

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Linell Roy wrote:
James Barnett wrote:I really feel like jumping ship to, not because I'm impatient but because Blackmagic Design still insists the camera's are shipping which is a load of bull. If they were straight down the line and said look guys we are really sorry we are trying to solve problems and we need a few months to work on it then fine, I would happily go about my work using my BMPCC or consider purchasing another camera, but the fact we have employees on the forum saying we can't tell you anything because we don't have any further information it just seems a little insulting to me.

****, the most im waiting now is till the end of july. my next due date is tomorrow. if it dont magically appear im saying **** blackmagicdesign. if i gotta curse to get a response so be it. even if they were just to say they have no answer. actually **** that. they work for the company. someone has to have an answer. thats disrespect. seriously bm, where are the cameras??

I can tell you something BM staff can't, you won't get a camera before the end of July. If you do I will eat my hat!
James Alexander Barnett
URSA Mini 4.6k
Pocket 6k Pro

James Alexander Barnett

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Richard Oakes wrote:

There isn't any!

http://www.eastwoodsoundandvision.com/b ... a-ef-mount

In Stock apparently, I have thought about going the 4k route whilst waiting however I was thinking its potentially going to cost me an extra £700 wish I reckon by the time I sell the 4k body second hand, yet another joke why should I spend more money and be more out of pocket than I already have been?
James Alexander Barnett
URSA Mini 4.6k
Pocket 6k Pro

Norman Lang

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 4:11 pm

James Barnett wrote:
Richard Oakes wrote:

There isn't any!

http://www.eastwoodsoundandvision.com/b ... a-ef-mount

In Stock apparently, I have thought about going the 4k route whilst waiting however I was thinking its potentially going to cost me an extra £700 wish I reckon by the time I sell the 4k body second hand, yet another joke why should I spend more money and be more out of pocket than I already have been?

James... The BMPC 4K produces some of the most beautiful images available at any price! The 2.5K and the Pocket as well. Yes. I know, if you have enough light etc. It's always going to be something. The existing lineup by BM is great. There are allowances you have to make and stuff you have to add to kit it out, but the results speak for themselves. The Ursa Mini has better ergonomics. The 4K mini has the same sensor as the BPMC. The 4.6 sensor is so gorgeous, but it has issues that need to be worked out. I don't work there and I have no way of judging the wisdom of their silence, or customer service. I'm just saying I love shooting with the cameras that have been out for a while. I don't need anything else. That didn't stop me from buying a UM4.6 and shooting with it for a couple of months. I mostly loved it. But yes there were a few occasions where the magenta tint bugged me so I sent it back and I resumed shooting with my existing cameras. I immediately placed a new order for another one though, because I enjoyed shooting with it and I loved the images. Hopefully, the new one won't have any issues. Then I will keep it. If not, it goes back. Why would I put up with all the shenanigans? Because, eventually they get it right. It's been the same for almost all their releases. And because... The price is way lower than anything else with this kind of image quality. And the dynamic range, 12 bit raw, every flavor of Prores, using EF lenses, using off the shelf media, free copy of Resolve. Hey wait a minute... Blackmagic should be paying me for this! lol. I sound like a fan boy. I'm not. Everyone knows they scamper and hide when the stuff doesn't work. Just when you are ready to pull the plug though, they manage to deliver. We are pioneers as they are. We are bound to take a few arrows as we explore. Let's hope BM learns from every experience and fixes things enough to keep customers and stay in business! In the mean time those of you with the previous cameras... Happy shooting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norman Lang Langproductions.com Boston MA
BMCC - BMPC - BMPCC 4K - BMPCC 6K - BMPCC 6K Pro - MacBook Pro (M1) - MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB - Adobe CC - Davinci Resolve

rick.lang

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 4:21 pm

Kim, that's a very sweet composite of my assistant. Send it to me if you will via PM as I don't think I can copy it from the post. I'll forward it to him! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Carlos Hervas

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 7:22 pm

They are shipping at least here in the states and by B&H. I was told they are currently fulfilling June orders, yes 15 days ago June.
Carlos Hervas

Richard Oakes

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 7:48 pm

Carlos Hervas wrote:They are shipping at least here in the states and by B&H. I was told they are currently fulfilling June orders, yes 15 days ago June.

well thats nice that BM seem to think June 2016 orders are more important to fulfil than June 2015 orders in the UK.
Richard Oakes.

Linell Roy

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 8:26 pm

so i emailed BMD directly to find out answers but haven't gotten no response. From my original purchased on may 26 2016, due date went from june 15th 2016, to june 30th 2016, to july 15th 2016 (today) now i just got off the phone with me my re seller and their system states the next due date is August 25th 2016. **** it. i am not waiting. I am going in tomorrow to cancel my order because i wont make it in time today. and to still get no response from BMD is BS. Im talking mt money elsewhere and done with BMD and this forum.
IG @DatGuyESEF

Linell Roy

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 8:56 pm

just a waiting process
Last edited by Linell Roy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
IG @DatGuyESEF

Dan Keeble

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Richard Oakes wrote:

There isn't any!

call proav.co.uk
www.flud.digital

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 9:41 pm

As mentioned in the UK shipment thread, the cameras are shipping out however I do not have information as far as allocations to particular resellers.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Matthew Ferrara

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 11:58 pm

Update:
So last week's next week actually turned out to be next week...meaning this week. They pushed it to the wire as I got and email saying my camera was packed and ready to ship today at 2pm. We'll see if it actually gets here next week.

That's 7 weeks and a day since I placed the order on may 26th from Adorama.

John Simpson

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 12:23 am

Matthew Ferrara wrote:Update:
So last week's next week actually turned out to be next week...meaning this week. They pushed it to the wire as I got and email saying my camera was packed and ready to ship today at 2pm. We'll see if it actually gets here next week.

That's 7 weeks and a day since I placed the order on may 26th from Adorama.

Great news Matthew! nice to see cameras coming out that aren't RMA's... Mine's due 'in the next couple of weeks' so we shall see... hopefully this is a trend :)
JJ Simpson
Photographer
Brisbane Australia

Richard Oakes

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 6:22 am

Tony Rivera wrote:As mentioned in the UK shipment thread, the cameras are shipping out however I do not have information as far as allocations to particular resellers.

Is this the same "they are shipping" we were told 9 weeks ago? Not a single one has arrived at any UK re seller in that time! as confirmed by Holden and BM UK.
Richard Oakes.

Gary Wilkins

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 6:24 am

I ordered my UM 4.6 from Adorama on May 31st, and was just notified it shipped today.

William Eguienta

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 6:36 am

Yep, but you are not in uk

www.kaiz3r.net

Emilian Dechev

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 9:58 am

Well a friend of mine just told me, that he spoke with a UK retailer, who spoke with a BMD representative, who apparently told him, that the Ursa production has been stopped for indefinite time.

Of course, that information may not be true. However, I am just sharing what I heard.
This contradicts with mr. Tony Rivera statement. I hope he is right and the production is not really halted.

Richard Oakes

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 10:46 am

Emilian Dechev wrote:Well a friend of mine just told me, that he spoke with a UK retailer, who spoke with a BMD representative, who apparently told him, that the Ursa production has been stopped for indefinite time.

Of course, that information may not be true. However, I am just sharing what I heard.
This contradicts with mr. Tony Rivera statement. I hope he is right and the production is not really halted.

All the evidence contradicts with mr Tony Rivera statement.
Richard Oakes.

Donnell Henry

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 11:19 am

What you guys are trying to relay here is that "a friend of a friend told you" statement contradicts a statement made by a BMD representative here on this forum that says the "cameras are shipping but Tony has no information on the allocation of those shipments" What STATEMENT holds more weight here? A freind of a friend saying something? Or an actual BMD STATENENT! Some of you ask for info ..Tony has given the information he knows. It's not what some want to hear but unfortunately time and time again we see the absence common sense.
Last edited by Donnell Henry on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
GODS CREATE

Neil Brassington

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 11:44 am

Richard Oakes wrote:
Neil Brassington wrote:Well that's untrue. I've had two new ones in three weeks...

Holden have confirmed when I called them that no new cameras have entered the UK in 15 weeks!

Yet I've had two in the last few weeks... You'll believe some random person at holdan yet you won't believe me or BMD? Why on earth would holdan even deal with you anyways? They only deal with dealers and not end users...

James Alexander Barnett

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 11:47 am

Norman Lang wrote:
James... The BMPC 4K produces some of the most beautiful images available at any price! The 2.5K and the Pocket as well. Yes. I know, if you have enough light etc. It's always going to be something. The existing lineup by BM is great. There are allowances you have to make and stuff you have to add to kit it out, but the results speak for themselves. The Ursa Mini has better ergonomics. The 4K mini has the same sensor as the BPMC. The 4.6 sensor is so gorgeous, but it has issues that need to be worked out. I don't work there and I have no way of judging the wisdom of their silence, or customer service. I'm just saying I love shooting with the cameras that have been out for a while. I don't need anything else. That didn't stop me from buying a UM4.6 and shooting with it for a couple of months. I mostly loved it. But yes there were a few occasions where the magenta tint bugged me so I sent it back and I resumed shooting with my existing cameras. I immediately placed a new order for another one though, because I enjoyed shooting with it and I loved the images. Hopefully, the new one won't have any issues. Then I will keep it. If not, it goes back. Why would I put up with all the shenanigans? Because, eventually they get it right. It's been the same for almost all their releases. And because... The price is way lower than anything else with this kind of image quality. And the dynamic range, 12 bit raw, every flavor of Prores, using EF lenses, using off the shelf media, free copy of Resolve. Hey wait a minute... Blackmagic should be paying me for this! lol. I sound like a fan boy. I'm not. Everyone knows they scamper and hide when the stuff doesn't work. Just when you are ready to pull the plug though, they manage to deliver. We are pioneers as they are. We are bound to take a few arrows as we explore. Let's hope BM learns from every experience and fixes things enough to keep customers and stay in business! In the mean time those of you with the previous cameras... Happy shooting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Norman, thanks for the tips, I already have a BMPCC which is great in all honesty however I'm waiting for the URSA Mini 4.6k to do a bit marketing push with AD agencies along with an increase in rates, I really want to try and move in a different direction and do more creative work on a regular basis, who knows if it will happen but I'm going to have a good go at it.

My thoughts on the 4k are I'm sure it will give you an amazing image, however for me I don't want to invest in a sensor which is around 5 years old, it just seems a bit silly to me, I don't often get a bulk sum of money to spend on gear so I really want to invest in the best I possibly can with the money available.

I have been pretty vocal lately about the lack of camera's coming into the UK mainly out of frustration, however the world keeps spinning and its only a camera at the end of the day I will get my hands on one eventually. Im sure BM are working hard on getting these produced and ironing out the kinks.

For the meantime I will wait patiently for the 4.6K.
Last edited by James Alexander Barnett on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Alexander Barnett
URSA Mini 4.6k
Pocket 6k Pro

James Alexander Barnett

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 11:52 am

Emilian Dechev wrote:Well a friend of mine just told me, that he spoke with a UK retailer, who spoke with a BMD representative, who apparently told him, that the Ursa production has been stopped for indefinite time.

URSA or URSA Mini?
James Alexander Barnett
URSA Mini 4.6k
Pocket 6k Pro

Matthew Ferrara

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 pm

William Eguienta wrote:Yep, but you are not in uk

http://www.kaiz3r.net

There's a separate thread for the UK.

silvio bonomi

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Richard Oakes wrote:
Tony Rivera wrote:As mentioned in the UK shipment thread, the cameras are shipping out however I do not have information as far as allocations to particular resellers.

Is this the same "they are shipping" we were told 9 weeks ago? Not a single one has arrived at any UK re seller in that time! as confirmed by Holden and BM UK.

...same at CVP...probably these are considered not "so important" resellers in EU and UK... ;)

silvio bonomi

William Eguienta

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Matthew Ferrara wrote:
William Eguienta wrote:Yep, but you are not in uk

There's a separate thread for the UK.

My bad, thinking i was in the uk post

www.kaiz3r.net

Richard Oakes

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 6:09 pm

Neil Brassington wrote:
Richard Oakes wrote:
Neil Brassington wrote:Well that's untrue. I've had two new ones in three weeks...

Holden have confirmed when I called them that no new cameras have entered the UK in 15 weeks!

Yet I've had two in the last few weeks... You'll believe some random person at holdan yet you won't believe me or BMD? Why on earth would holdan even deal with you anyways? They only deal with dealers and not end users...

why would I trust HOLDEN on how many units have shipped to the uk over a BM representative? hmmm let me see. Well Holden are the only UK distributor and when they say they havnt received any cameras in 15 weeks im sure they know and BM who lie all the time saying "shipping in June" every year and there is no magenta problem etc etc. It's not rocket science on who to trust.
Richard Oakes.

Robert Niessner

PostSun Jul 17, 2016 2:22 pm

Donnell Henry wrote:What you guys are trying to relay here is that "a friend of a friend told you" statement contradicts a statement made by a BMD representative here on this forum that says the "cameras are shipping but Tony has no information on the allocation of those shipments" What STATEMENT holds more weight here? A freind of a friend saying something? Or an actual BMD STATENENT! Some of you ask for info ..Tony has given the information he knows. It's not what some want to hear but unfortunately time and time again we see the absence common sense.

I am sorry, but what are you trying to prove here?
It is quite easy to show what's going on in the EU:

Some of the largest vendors in Germany:

https://www.teltec.de/Kamera-Produktion ... 6K-EF.html
It says "Jetzt vorbestellen" which means "Pre-order now"

https://www.marcotec-shop.de/de/product ... l_7386.htm
It says "Zur Zeit nicht verfügbar." which means "Not available at the moment."

http://www.mbfshop.de/de/video/kamera/b ... ic-design/
UM4.6k is not even listed anymore in their shop.

https://www.bpm-media.de/de/EB-Live-Pro ... 70205.html
It says "in über 8 Wochen versandfertig." which means "Ready for delivery in more than 8 weeks."

http://www.videodata.de/shop/products/d ... -Mini.html
It says "Vorbestellung möglich" which means "Pre-ordering possible"

My vendor here in Austria personally told me the same:
No cameras since almost 3 months.

So what statement holds more weight here? The webshops of the largest vendors in Germany or an actual statement of the company which is shipping in July/soon?
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Donnell Henry

PostSun Jul 17, 2016 4:59 pm

The point "IS", Robert calling BMD liars (not you specifically) does what to help bring the cameras to us faster? Your point of BMD shipping in July/Soon statement means what? That they purposely lie to us saying "SHIPPING IN JULY" when they really PLAN on shipping cameras to us the following year? Yes I could see it now Robert. Grant petty telling his execs " Ok guys this is what we're going to do. We're going to LIE and say shipping in July again as usual, but instead we'll ship the cameras next year! Who cares if we lose sales. Our main focus is not to sell cameras, but to get people frustrated and upset waiting for one! This is what it's all about gentleman! WOO HOO HA HA HA!" (Evil laugh). Cmon really? People ask for info and communication, Tony responded basically saying the cameras are shipping, but he doesn't know how they're being allocated to vendors. Would you say it is possible that they are shipping cameras out but the UK have not received their allocation as of yet? It's not what some want to hear. So now we start getting these emotional posts that start sending this thread into a downward spiral of insults toward BMD and then toward each other. That being said I do understand the frustration I too am waiting for a 4.6k.
GODS CREATE

Mark Jamerson

PostSun Jul 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Sorry be the bear of bad news, but your shipment was stolen by Pirates... Ransomeware has been deployed :lol:
Mark Jamerson
Jamerson Studios

Robert Niessner

PostSun Jul 17, 2016 9:27 pm

Donnell Henry wrote:The point "IS", Robert calling BMD liars (not you specifically) does what to help bring the cameras to us faster?

Donnell, no one thinks this will bring cameras to us faster. Point is, BMD reps tell us that cameras are shipping, yet I just showed you that at least Germany does not get any of those. This can mean several things:
a) BMD does ship equal spread, but in such low quantities atm that almost non of the vendors get a single piece of it
b) BMD does ship, but focus quantities strategically to countries where it hurts competition most
c) BMD does not ship new cameras at all atm, only available cameras are refurbished RMAs

Donnell Henry wrote:Your point of BMD shipping in July/Soon statement means what? That they purposely lie to us saying "SHIPPING IN JULY" when they really PLAN on shipping cameras to us the following year? Yes I could see it now Robert. Grant petty telling his execs " Ok guys this is what we're going to do. We're going to LIE and say shipping in July again as usual, but instead we'll ship the cameras next year! Who cares if we lose sales. Our main focus is not to sell cameras, but to get people frustrated and upset waiting for one! This is what it's all about gentleman! WOO HOO HA HA HA!" (Evil laugh).

You can poke fun of that, but:
It is a known business strategy to announce a product much earlier than you ever will be able to ship. If its promised specs on paper are good enough it will make most potential customers wait and not buy elsewhere. Microsoft did this in their early years for example, which practically wiped out some of their competitors.

I am NOT saying BMD did use this tactic here on purpose. I think they really, really thought it would work out and they could ship as announced. Things went wrong and shipment got delayed for months.

Donnell Henry wrote:Cmon really? People ask for info and communication, Tony responded basically saying the cameras are shipping, but he doesn't know how they're being allocated to vendors. Would you say it is possible that they are shipping cameras out but the UK have not received their allocation as of yet? It's not what some want to hear. So now we start getting these emotional posts that start sending this thread into a downward spiral of insults toward BMD and then toward each other. That being said I do understand the frustration I too am waiting for a 4.6k.

I really do not see much of any emotional posts here and there is definitely no downward spiral of insults.
But BMD reps here had several times stated that shipment did not stop. So the question is, where did the EU shipments go? Definitely not to UK, not to Germany, not to my country Austria. I am not sure about France, but I think several forum members from France stated the same (I stand corrected). Those big 3 alone are a 230 Million people market.
So maybe India and China suck up all cameras BMD produces atm with their combined 2600 Million people market. Who knows?
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

Donnell Henry

PostSun Jul 17, 2016 10:30 pm

I absolutely agree with your last post Robert. Everything you just said makes sense to me. There is definetely a problem in the EU with allocation of these cameras. There's no denying that. But for some to say BMD is lying about not shipping cameras at all is an asinine statement to make in my opinion.
GODS CREATE

John Simpson

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 12:55 am

Well being Australian doesn't give you any advantage either... I ordered and paid my deposit on April 28. (appox. 12 weeks ago) I think it is a global issue but I think people here are getting hung up on the term 'shipping'.... just because cameras aren't being sent out doesn't mean the company isn't in 'shipping mode'... even if there's a halt in manufacture...its still STATUS: SHIPPING!!... so if they're doing work on fixing the magenta issue are they really going to change the status of the camera all the way back to STATUS: R&D?? really??

Update: Just got off the phone with my dealer, I'm told my camera is ready and with the distributor and should arrive wit them tomorrow! WooHoo!! FINALLY!!!! :lol: 8-)

Hope this is a trend and everyone gets their cameras soon!
JJ Simpson
Photographer
Brisbane Australia

Robert Niessner

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 1:08 am

That's great news for you John!

Personally I wouldn't mind if my camera ships later in a few months - I just would like to know an approximation so I can make a decision if I could invest meanwhile into other equipment or need the money for the camera now and invest later into other things.
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

Paul Kapp

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 3:12 am

John Simpson wrote:Update: Just got off the phone with my dealer, I'm told my camera is ready and with the distributor and should arrive wit them tomorrow! WooHoo!! FINALLY!!!! :lol: 8-)
EF or PL John?

Maurice Windley

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 3:34 am

Update: Just got off the phone with my dealer, I'm told my camera is ready and with the distributor and should arrive wit them tomorrow! WooHoo!! FINALLY!!!! :lol: 8-)

Fingers crossed, let us know, i'm in Adelaide and latest for me is 3 weeks base on my #

John Simpson

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 3:54 am

Paul Kapp wrote:
John Simpson wrote:Update: Just got off the phone with my dealer, I'm told my camera is ready and with the distributor and should arrive wit them tomorrow! WooHoo!! FINALLY!!!! :lol: 8-)
EF or PL John?

Mine's an EF though I was considering going PL if I could get a workable EF adapter... but interestingly they said 'at least' a few months away for the PL version... YMMV
JJ Simpson
Photographer
Brisbane Australia

John Simpson

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 4:07 am

Maurice Windley wrote:

Fingers crossed, let us know, i'm in Adelaide and latest for me is 3 weeks base on my #

Certainly will :D Yeah its not quite real unless you have it in your hot little hands hey lol I got first on the list cos well all the others got tired of waiting I guess :/ Its coming from Mew Magic (Melbourne) on the overnight... so we shall see....

Videopro told me 3 weeks too though its only been week and a half now since they advised me (I think)... so fingers crossed you get yours sooner as well :D
JJ Simpson
Photographer
Brisbane Australia

Paul Kapp

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 4:28 am

Thanks John.
Last edited by Paul Kapp on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

William Eguienta

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 4:52 am

Lucky john !
Je bout shipping, same in france. Not a single camera is arrived in several months

www.kaiz3r.net

John Simpson

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 5:56 am

William Eguienta wrote:Lucky john !
Je bout shipping, same in france. Not a single camera is arrived in several months

William I was told manufacturing had stopped but has now recently restarted and that EF mount cameras were starting to flow through with the PL versions in approx. 3 months time... Videopro is a very reputable dealer here so have no doubt they were telling me the truth and now my camera arrives tomorrow... I am a 'retail customer' and not a RMA or beta tester or affiliated studio or whoever so am confident in saying I think your camera isn't far away now :D
JJ Simpson
Photographer
Brisbane Australia

William Eguienta

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 6:23 am

Ho yes, i don't make any reserve on the shipping of your camera
sorry i was writing from my phone just after wake up, my eyes wasn't calibrated :D
i was answering to Robert who wasn't sure about BMD shipment in france

and, yes, lucky one ! can't wait to grab one

Pete Harbour

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 6:25 am

Donnell Henry wrote:I absolutely agree with your last post Robert. Everything you just said makes sense to me. There is definetely a problem in the EU with allocation of these cameras. There's no denying that. But for some to say BMD is lying about not shipping cameras at all is an asinine statement to make in my opinion.

Maybe its because the consumer laws are much stronger in the EU than the rest of the world.

John Simpson

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 7:06 am

Actually I want to clarify... I was told that if I wanted to change my order from EF to PL it would be several months away, on reflection I think that means I would have to go to the back of the cue and not that the PL mount versions aren't shipping... I shall try to confirm this when I pick up the camera.
JJ Simpson
Photographer
Brisbane Australia
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography