Setting exposure with vintage manual lenses

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Bill Brown

Setting exposure with vintage manual lenses

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 6:35 am

Having seen Vincent Laforet and Frank Glencairn's excellent first views on the camera I was wondering if anyone can shed light on how to set exposure with older EOS mount converted manual lenses, in my case a set of converted Canon FD primes. Is there, or will there be, a purely manual mode coming in a firmware update? Or is it a case of metering separately, setting the stop on the exposure ring and then adjusting using the rear screen interface? I've been through the manual pdf but as I don't have my pre-ordered camera yet I can't actually try it. Anyone out there with thoughts on this?

Frank Glencairn

Re: Setting exposure with vintage manual lenses

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 7:50 am

Setting exposure on a camera was never easier. Set your zebras to 100 and expose so, that they just disrepair – done. You can do that ether manually, with the buttons on the back, dial it in traditionally if your lens has an aperture ring or just hit the “iris” button on the upper left side of the monitor (if you have a lens, that talks to the camera).
http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

I told you so :-)

Bill Brown

Re: Setting exposure with vintage manual lenses

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 9:38 am

Thank you Frank. Clear and concise. And thanks for the putting up the images you've shot so far.

Return to Cinematography