Firmware version on BMPC4k

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

RobertFisher

Firmware version on BMPC4k

PostSun Jan 01, 2017 6:25 pm

How do I find the version of the firmware installed on a BMPC4k? I just purchased the camera and would like the latest firmware. Also where do I find it or will Camera setup 4.2 work?

Thanks

Kirill Dovgalevsky

Re: Firmware version on BMPC4k

PostSat Jan 07, 2017 6:20 pm

RCFisher wrote:How do I find the version of the firmware installed on a BMPC4k? I just purchased the camera and would like the latest firmware. Also where do I find it or will Camera setup 4.2 work?

Thanks

Download and instal the latest Camera Update software. Run it and connect your camera to your mac via "mini usb to usb" cable. You'll find mini usb port when open SSD compartment of your camera. Don't forget to turn on the camera to let computer to see it. That's it. It will show the version of the firmware installed on your camera.

Blackmagic Camera 4.2 Update is not exactly for BMPC4k, but I believe it may contain the latest firmware for it.

Denny Smith

PostTue Jan 10, 2017 5:10 am

No, you do not want to run Camera FW 4.X in a BMPC, FW 4 is fo the Ursa Mini only and is a pan entirely new OS. You should run the latest Camera FW ver 3.X for the Production camera.
DS
Last edited by Denny Smith on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Paulo Paulino

PostSun Jan 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Can anyone confirm Blackmagic Camera Setup 3.4 is the best firmware version to date for BMPC4k:?:
Thanks.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jan 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Hello Paulo. V4.3.2 is the latest for the Production Camera 4K. You can install the latest firmware and this should update to the correct version.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Howard Roll

PostMon Jan 08, 2018 10:54 pm

Thanks for the info Gary. Is there any chance we could get a sticky in the Cinematography forum that lists the latest update for all the individual camera models? It is a fairly common misunderstanding that often leads to the wrong firmware being loaded into the cameras.

Thanks

Xtreemtec

PostTue Jan 09, 2018 12:12 pm

Howard Roll wrote:Thanks for the info Gary. Is there any chance we could get a sticky in the Cinematography forum that lists the latest update for all the individual camera models? It is a fairly common misunderstanding that often leads to the wrong firmware being loaded into the cameras.

Would be nice if this was included in the FAQ Cinematic list.. As he also lists all features of every FW up till jan 2017. After that he did not update the topic anymore. So i hope Topic Starter will continue his work on that one ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

carlomacchiavello

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 pm

3.4 add only output sdi for trigger recording but if you not need of it, i suggest to stay on 1.9.5
here you can read why and what you must check.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42281

Return to Cinematography