Where on the website?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Stephen Press

Where on the website?

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 9:24 pm

When I'm on the phone to a new client trying convince them that the BMUM is a good alternative to the Canon or Sony they are used to I normally send a link to a webpage showing the camera and its spec's.
I don't like sending B&H, I want something a bit more snazzy :)
But I can't find anything on the BM website on the UM. Can someone point me to a link?
"A cameraman with out a camera is just a man"

Thomas Hennessy

Re: Where on the website?

Stephen Press

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 pm

To be honest I was after something a bit more promotional :)

Earl R. Thurston

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 10:04 pm

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro

I'm puzzled why you weren't able to find this.
URSA Mini 4K, URSA Broadcast G2

Stephen Press

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 pm

That's the Mini Pro, not the Mini. I'm after something that will help convince non-technical clients to choose something other than the standard Sony FS7 or Canon C300. I have a lot of out of town clients who call and not many of them know much about cameras. They tend to go for what they are told by their in house editor who usually also knows nothing about cameras, so they stick with what they know.
If I'm going to convince them to try something new and hire me and the Mini then it helps to have a less technical promotional webpage to direct them to. Obviously if they don't know me they are not going to take my word the camera is great without something outside to support that.

rick.lang

Where on the website?

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 2:58 am

Stephen, there is very little information available in terms of compelling promotional material now. Once the Mini Pro was released, all the webpages focus on it. A lot of the material actually does apply to the URSA Mini 4.6K EF and PL cameras, but the lack of decent photos of the Minis is not helping sell the old camera and at a cost savings up front. The Tech Specs might help, but sad to see there aren't a half dozen pages dedicated to the URSA Mini 4.6K EF/PL.

There's no reason for this other than marketing's belief that the Mini Pro will outsell the Mini by 99:1. Well of course it will when they hide everything good about the Mini versions including the Mini 4K with global shutter and HFR capability which may still appeal to a new purchaser. Sad to see since the older models are still all available to purchase.

Part of the problem might be the perception that BMD has too many cameras now. I think that drivel was mentioned in a NewsShooter article but it may have been elsewhere. The poor professional purchaser can't cope with all these different models and BMD should really only feature one camera as I think the logic of it went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Stephen Press

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 am

Well that sucks. To be honest I'm going to be having a hard time recommending Blackmagic to anyone when they seem to have such a cavalier attitude to their existing clients.

roger.magnusson

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 8:36 am

Did you take a look on the Gallery page? https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/gallery

Nevermind the "pro" in the address, it's all shot on the non-pro Ursa Mini 4.6K (at least for now).

Return to Cinematography