URSA Mini spare parts

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Florian Duning

URSA Mini spare parts

PostWed May 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello,

I have an Ursa Mini 4.6k which is out of warranty. Unfortunately the front lanc port broke and after replacing the port socket with a new one, the connector at the end of the flex cable which connects the front SDI module to the mainboard broke off and ripped some traces from the front sdi pcb.

So the defect is isolated to the front SDI port PCB module (which I removed from the camera). The camera works perfectly without it and I could use it without the front SDI port without issues. But, now i've figured out, that I need this front port to power the viewfinder which I am planning to buy.

This is where the trouble begins: I've found a table, which lists all "available" spare parts and their corresponding prices, but blackmagic will not sell me the small board on its own. They want to have the full camera, plus shipping, which increases the repair cost by over 200€, causes me downtime which will lead to maybe 200-500€ loss per week, just because they will not let me do the repair which requires 10 minutes time and a scredriver to screw the new board in with 2 screws and a nut!

I am deeply disappointed and angry. I don't need any warranty on the spare parts whatsoever. I would even create and sign a form that says that I do the really simple 10min. repair on my very own risk. :x :|

Somewhere on this forum there was a thread, where someone managed to get the sensor cover glas from blackmagic to replace his glas on his own. That's where my hope is right now. Maybe the power of this forum can somehow lead me to an uncomplicated way to get a new front SDI board that does not involve sending the otherwise perfectly functioning camera away.

With sad regards,

Florian :cry:

Gasa Kenny

Re: URSA Mini spare parts

PostSat Oct 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi Pal, wondering what solution you found in the end?

Return to Cinematography