Problem exporting raw mosquito noise

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Scott Clark

Problem exporting raw mosquito noise

PostThu Jun 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi, I bought a production camera and had no problem exporting my 4k raw files initially. Even though I have a mid 2011 iMac, and playback was extremely slow, I could still export to prores without an issue
(btw, I can export my prores shot files with no problem). Now, every time I try, it just exports mosquito noise in various colors (I am still using the original files that worked initially btw). If this had happened from the start I would have assumed I just needed to upgrade my system (I plan on doing so in the future after I save a few bucks more), however, having worked initially, I was wondering if there was something I could do (maybe a setting I accidentally tweaked) to get it working again. I prefer shooting in raw and then exporting to prores for the better DR and color info, rather than going the prores originated route. Thank you for any help you can offer.

rick.lang

Re: Problem exporting raw mosquito noise

PostFri Jun 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Are you trying to export from DaVinci Resolve? Which version(s) are on your system? What macOS? It may be that a change to Resolve requires more GPU VRAM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography