Asked the BM Reps about a BM Color Correcting Monitor...

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Clayton Von Isaacs

Asked the BM Reps about a BM Color Correcting Monitor...

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 5:11 pm

..at the NAB road show in Portland the other day. Take this as this is what he told me and may not be the companies position on it. He said that they wait until they buy an existing company for things like that as they like to build on existing technology of an existing product line. Said the panels are too expensive for them to go on it alone. So again, this may not be the companies actual position on this but that is what he told me.

I also asked the guy who is the person you go to with website issues and suggestions if they could take the firmware updates and also put a link to them on the products page so it is easier to find. I suggested that where they solely have it now under latest downloads is a little too confusing (as told to me also by others on this site) and it would be easier if the Ursa Mini firmware updates were actually a link on the Ursa Mini's product page, etc. They said they will look into it.

I also asked them about better training material for the programs like Resolve on the site and he said that he just got an email from the woman responsible for that at BM that morning and they are planning to beef up the training for Resolve on the site. I asked him also about Resolve Certification (I know many people here think it is unnecessary) and he said he had heard they are also thinking about doing that too, but could not officially confirm anything.
Clayton Von Isaacs
daydreamersproductions.com

Nate Porter

Re: Asked the BM Reps about a BM Color Correcting Monitor...

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 8:01 pm

regarding the a possible BM color correcting monitor, that is very typical of what BM does. That's how they got resolve, fairlight audio, ultimatte, fusion, and teranex to name a few.

Clayton Von Isaacs

Re: Asked the BM Reps about a BM Color Correcting Monitor...

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 5:19 am

Nate Porter wrote:regarding the a possible BM color correcting monitor, that is very typical of what BM does. That's how they got resolve, fairlight audio, ultimatte, fusion, and teranex to name a few.

I understand. I was just hoping that they would be able to do one on their own without buying another company.
Clayton Von Isaacs
daydreamersproductions.com

Return to Cinematography