Request: Additional Slate "Project" Metadata

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

timbutt2

Request: Additional Slate "Project" Metadata

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 8:57 pm

I'd like to have a few more additions to the Project Metadata tab in the Slate.

Director of Photography/Cinematographer - So that we can have the DP/Cinematographer name embedded as metadata with all clips along with the Director and Camera Operator names.
Production Company - List of production companies on the project.
Producer(s) - So that we can have the producer names associated with the project embedded as metadata.
Unit Name - 1st Unit or 2nd Unit designator.

Any one else have others they'd like to see added to the Project Metadata tab?

Also, I would love for this information to be able to be updated from the iPad app for the URSA Mini Pro via Bluetooth. It would be a lot easier to enter this information via the Bluetooth app on the iPad.

Even more so I would love if you could maybe export out of Resolve some sort of Metadata file that would be able to be brought into the camera to populate the fields. This way you enter the data in Resolve, export it, and connect it to the camera Project Metadata so that it can be consistently embedded with all the files generated with the camera. This way you don't have to add all that Metadata to the clips after shooting and after ingesting into the computer.

Those are my thoughts. I love where all of this is going. It's a brilliant way to save time and get all of this information attached as metadata.
"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2 & Pocket 6K Pro
Past: UM4.6K, P6K, BMCC 2.5K
Computers: iMac 5K (Mid 2020) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

Return to Cinematography