PLEASE UPDATE US!

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

ryanvid

PLEASE UPDATE US!

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Grant please could we have an update?

Forum users, please reply to this post, to request an update on the delivery times. Hopefully we can get a response?

I have been waiting 6 months now, and I guess there are people who have been waiting longer than I?

John Bartman

Re: PLEASE UPDATE US!

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Frank Glencairn

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 4:41 pm

What do you expect? Grant looking up your name somewhere and let you know when your personal camera arrives at your door?

The situation is an everybody's nerves and on Blackmagick's probably more than yours - that was discussed up and down on every forum out there,more than enough.

Cameras leaving the assembly line every day, and every day a bunch of guys gets their camera.
That's what it is and we all know that. There is nothing new, Grant could add to it, so why should he?

No need for an other " where is my camera" tread.

Sorry for the rant. I understand that everyone wants their camera soon as possible. But we all know the situation, and that BM is doing all they can to make it right. Nobody likes the situation, but it is what it is - there is light at the end of the tunnel - but for the moment, we have to live with it.
http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

I told you so :-)

Darryl Gregory

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Frank Glencairn wrote:What do you expect? Grant looking up your name somewhere and let you know when your personal camera arrives at your door?

The situation is an everybody's nerves and on Blackmagick's probably more than yours - that was discussed up and down on every forum out there,more than enough.

Cameras leaving the assembly line every day, and every day a bunch of guys gets their camera.
That's what it is and we all know that. There is nothing new, Grant could add to it, so why should he?

No need for an other " where is my camera" tread.

Sorry for the rant. I understand that everyone wants their camera soon as possible. But we all know the situation, and that BM is doing all they can to make it right. Nobody likes the situation, but it is what it is - there is light at the end of the tunnel - but for the moment, we have to live with it.

Not to add fule to the flames, but you do have a choice, you could "Not live with it, and move on to another camera".
Sorry Frank but I am now waiting "Again", This is round two for me, and it is getting absurd, and now with no updates? and frankly this is down right rude to customers, and Grant needs to post an update, It wont make me feel any better, and probably many others, but with respect to Paying/Waiting customers he should say something here on the forum.

Frank Glencairn

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 5:19 pm

I know the situation is a PITA for everybody, but I guess there are simply no news to announce.

I'm sure BM is pumping out as many cameras as they can, and it takes what it takes. Same goes for the flange distance fix. They do what they can. How should they announce an update on that?
http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

I told you so :-)

Darryl Gregory

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Frank Glencairn wrote:I know the situation is a PITA for everybody, but I guess there are simply no news to announce.

I'm sure BM is pumping out as many cameras as they can, and it takes what it takes. Same goes for the flange distance fix. They do what they can. How should they announce an update on that?

And I would have to agree, I don't believe Grant could say anything at this point, It's been a true nightmare for them, and we (The Customers) are like "Freddy Krueger" invading there dreams at night.

I guess that would be our only satisfaction?
Knowing we are this angry must be a nightmare for them.
With that said, I'm done complaining, Cause I'm now driving myself insane.

ryanvid

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 10:34 am

I'm not ranting, I just requested an update.

6 weeks since the last one, and my dealer has no news either.

An ETA would be nice.

I too have a business to run, and not keeping my customers updated would mean a loss in confidence.

But I guess that has already happened with the BMCC!?

Felix Steinhardt

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 1:32 pm

It cannot be true that amazon japan has it in stock, Adorama USA is almost delivering off the shelf and 99% of EU customers are still waiting for their April 2012 preorder!

This camera is vaporware in the EU...

sruchelli

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

I think Grant sleeps very well at night. At least he must be sleeping much more than us. Sweet dreams to all the BMD company!
Update please. Turn our nightmares into drams again
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8dwG2CxqXg8/UHKT4lq6KzI/AAAAAAAAFXw/aIkOpha4axg/s1600/NOES+bath.jpg

Joseph Ciccarella

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Actually an update would be great, even if just to know that Grant is still breathing. :) I'm sure no one would mind that one bit. How could that be bad? I'm also sure that the folks at BMD are probably getting geared up for NAB and don't have that much time on their hands. But, a simple howdy do wouldn't hurt, as well as a second by second breakdown of when the MFT's will start to ship? ;)
Thanks,
Joseph Ciccarella
www.quietallaround.com

Christine Peterson

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi guys,

As I mentioned earlier in the Camera Shipping Update thread, we see your requests for another update but we don't have any news at the moment. If something changes, we'll post an update.

For now, we're continuing to ship out EF cameras and we're preparing for NAB. Haven't heard any news about MFT cameras yet.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Joseph Ciccarella

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks Christine,
I appreciate you being here and responding.
I guess it's kinda sad that there isn't any news for MFT's.
:(
Best at NAB,
Joseph Ciccarella
www.quietallaround.com

Return to Cinematography