URSAmini 4.6K exposure setting EF lens

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Serena Steuart

URSAmini 4.6K exposure setting EF lens

PostTue Aug 08, 2017 7:38 am

A problem has arisen with the aperture setting.
Recording set to film dynamic, auto exposure "off", pressing IRIS should set the aperture on a compatible EF lens to the brightest highlight in the shot. On video dynamic, IRIS sets exposure for the average reading. The latter is working as expected, but when setting film dynamic. then pressing IRIS closes the aperture and opens it again to full (click close/open). I have been refreshing my knowledge of the menus and may have changed something, but I see nothing that should have caused this. Any suggestions?

I should add that all other aperture controls function as stated in the manual.
Last edited by Serena Steuart on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serena Steuart

Re: URSAmini 4.6K exposure setting EF lens

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 am

The aperture button is closely placed next to the record button on the handle so unintended activation is very likely; one might suggest this arrangement is an ergonomic design fault.

However, lacking any other advice received overnight, I thought I would restore the camera to factory default. But switching on to do this, the problem had gone away. Surprising because this didn't work at the time. Actually, I'm now of the view that there was never a problem, at all.

Return to Cinematography