URSA Mini Pro - Timecode

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

George Tsikos

URSA Mini Pro - Timecode

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi

Is it possible to set the timecode to run only when recording? I cannot see how to set this function, which is odd as it's such a basic setting on all cameras.

And I mean not resetting back to 00:00:00:00 for every time rec is pressed, which is what it does now.

Thanks

Tim Schumann

Blackmagic Design

Re: URSA Mini Pro - Timecode

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Press the timecode button the side of the camera, or tap on the timecode on the LCD and it will toggle to show you the time of day free-run code that is constantly running and recording.

If you have updated to Camera 4.4 on the Mini Pro you will also be able to switch to record-run preset timecode which you can set to whatever you want and will only run when you are recording. You switch to this mode by pressing and holding the timecode button for five seconds. Your timecode on the status LCD will start flashing. This is all described in the URSA Mini manual on page 52.

George Tsikos

Re: URSA Mini Pro - Timecode

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Tim

"record-run preset" is precisely what I am looking for. Thanks. I still need to update my URSA Mini Pro. Last time I tried, however, the program did not "see" the camera. I've tried several cables. No luck. I'm running Sierra on a 13 inch Retina Macbook Pro.

Thanks

Return to Cinematography