ursa major 4k v2 sensor upgrade

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

paul ross jones

ursa major 4k v2 sensor upgrade

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 7:08 am

does any one know if black magic is upgrading the original Ursa to the v2 sensor still? I know they are not coming out with the 4.6k turret, but what about the 4k v2 sensor?

cheers paul

Robert Niessner

Re: ursa major 4k v2 sensor upgrade

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 am

The fastest way to find this out would be to contact Blackmagic support directly.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Gene Kochanowsky

Re: ursa major 4k v2 sensor upgrade

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 1:57 pm

I sent an email to BM about this and they said that the only way to get an Ursa turret was to buy a camera. AFAIK, BM has never sold loose turrets, and with the discontinuation of the Ursa product, I sincerely doubt that they will decide that now is the time to start shipping turrets. Which is why I do not expect the 4.6K turret to ever ship even if they do somehow manage to build one that could be shipped.

It doesn't make any business sense to start shipping parts for a product they have never ever shipped to upgrade a product that is discontinued. And as each month passes, it makes less and less sense. Especially when they are shipping that discontinued product's replacement, the UMP, and who knows what they have in the pipeline for next year.

That ship has sailed.

Return to Cinematography