BMCC in good shape

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

ClaytonMoore

BMCC in good shape

PostTue Mar 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Black Magic Design is in good shape here. (my opinion).
The delays seem to have been related to quality control and quality is very good.
BMD can keep observing what the competition is doing in this market and update and design accordingly.

BMD has a HUGE opportunity here once the first model of this camera gets fully in the hands of the community. So many other great cameras out there now that were not there a year ago. It will be good data to see how the BMCC stacks up.

Look at what Canon has not done in their HDSLR space. Instead of rolling more muscle in their HDSLR line, they saved the really cool stuff for their MUCH higher
priced Cinema video space. Canon, Sony, Panasonic, all have to preserve a very robust high end video market.

Now comes BMCC, at 3K. BMD has no high end video camera to protect --- BUT if they wanted to, they could make a few requested firmware additions to the current model, then in 12-18 mo. release a higher end model with the kinds of technology in the $25,000 Canon C500 but instead sell it at a C100 price point.

Now we sit back and watch what happens -- oh well its fun to think about right.

I can't even afford my BMCC until I pay for a much needed NLE work station upgrade and ramp up a new web site :-)

Return to Cinematography