Custom Frame Guides for Ursa Mini 4.6k?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Sunny Perera

Custom Frame Guides for Ursa Mini 4.6k?

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 12:29 am

Hello,

I was wondering if BMD is planning to allow the option for custom frame guides for different aspect ratios currently not in the latest update?

For instance, I personally like to shoot my more recent stuff in 2.00:1 aspect ratio but it is a bit frustrating to only have to use 1.85 or 2.35 as my reference guides for the closest aspect ratio in camera.

I was also curious if there was any way to go ahead and upload custom frame guides into the camera?

Any and all information will be helpful,
Thanks!

-Sunny P.

Quentin Devillers

Re: Custom Frame Guides for Ursa Mini 4.6k?

PostSat Oct 21, 2017 1:22 pm

+1

Blackmagic advertise about creativity but restrain you with a lot of « easy setup » parameters.
It will be indeed great to have more user control over some settings like aspect ratio.
I miss 1.37:1 , 2:1 etc.

Thanks !

Remo Pini

Re: Custom Frame Guides for Ursa Mini 4.6k?

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Same here, I need to shoot some footage for vertical use (*urgh*) and need to frame it so that it works both vertical and horizontal, which basically means I need a custom frame guide. I know I can do this by sticking a mobile phone screen protector on the display and write on it with a sharpie, but that's a bit archaic... custom transparent png overlay would be super useful.
Director | Line Producer | https://grayeminence.ch

Return to Cinematography