Ursa Mini Pro Frame Rate Issue

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Morgan Gold

Ursa Mini Pro Frame Rate Issue

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 9:05 pm

Hey, I posted over in the Resolve section but it was suggested that perhaps this is a camera firmware bug:

Over the last week or so I've been encountering the most frustrating issue:

Shooting with the Ursa Mini Pro in a variety of frame rates, resolutions, and codecs.
Upon importing to Resolve 14, the software will display very wrong framerates. It will default many of the high frame rate clips to 24fps, but some 120fps will show 60fps.
Also some of the 120 or 60fps will play back sped up massively. When I try to slow this down in 'clip speed' it gives strange choppy artifacts.

I've never changed the project frame rate in camera intentionally from 24fps. Perhaps it accidentally changed somehow but it's not changed right now.

Interestingly, in 'clip attributes' one clip that isn't playing back slow is listed at 60fps, once I change it to 24fps it looks like it plays back at the correct speed. However, the clips that play back ultra-fast are listed at 30fps, when I switch it to 24 it really does nothing.

Also, strangely some are listed at bizarre frame rates I would never choose ( 20fps, 12fps).

I've never had an issue before this.

Thanks for listening. :)
2021 16-inch M1-Max MacBook Pro

Return to Cinematography