BMPC fixable?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Dominik Rabalski

BMPC fixable?

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 9:00 am

Hi guys,
I was just scrolling through eBay looking for my first Black Magic Pocket Camera and av stumbled upon a broken one, but really cheap. The thing is that it's not showing any image. Instead u get a set of pink and green lines (photo below). The screen itself works all right cos on the photos guy is showing that the menu works just fine.
Do you think it's worth buying it for some small money and try to fix it/send it to service?
Am a pretty handy with fixing electronics myself, but is it even worth looking at?
Thanks in advance
Dominik

Photo
https://imgur.com/a/UAWgH

Xtreemtec

Re: BMPC fixable?

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 4:17 pm

There is no repair service.. Only when in waranty and not a user fault you get a replacement. But you need to proof you are the original Owner and it is within it's waranty.. But looking at the case they seem to have dropped it.

The pink en green stripes looks like the sensor is dead.. Would not burn my fingers on that one. Only good if you have a damaged LCD in your pocket and want to replace it.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Cinematography