NSFW: Bike Night Bikini Bike Wash Video

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

timbutt2

NSFW: Bike Night Bikini Bike Wash Video

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 8:44 pm

I would deem this NSFW in most instances, however for many of us any video is work. So, why not share a sneak preview at the video I just shot.

URSA Mini 4.6K of course was my camera on the shoot. Practically the whole thing was shot at 60 fps. I chose to use ProRes 422 to get the most of my cards since I was shooting UHD. I will note that on the heavy grades the footage does tend to fall apart due to the compression. Man, RAW is spoiling me.

So this is very risqué due to the girls in their bikini outfits washing the motorcycle... or, as it turned out, each other. These girls are also from a local strip club called... wait for it... DaVinci's Gentlemen's Club. Of course I had to edit and grade the footage in DaVinci Resolve.

Anyways, here's the video.. I'd love to hear thoughts on the video. Enjoy!

Last edited by timbutt2 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2 & Pocket 6K Pro
Past: UM4.6K, P6K, BMCC 2.5K
Computers: iMac 5K (Mid 2020) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

Matthew Silver

Re: NSFW: Bike Night Bikini Bike Wash Video

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 12:51 am

What was the ask for this? What was the client looking for?

Matthew

timbutt2

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 1:32 am

Matthew Silver wrote:What was the ask for this? What was the client looking for?

Matthew

The client was two people. The event sponsors and the gentlemen's club. The event sponsors wanted to show what to expect at the event, and as well have some amazing footage of the girls washing the bikes. The club primarily wanted the video of the girls. I'll be cutting together another cut of only the girls for the club. Then that video will play on the televisions in the club.

The best part is that for the event sponsor who is mainly about the bikes this is going to lead to more bike shoots. Then for the club I'll be doing more videos for the club to help promote the club. So by doing this I got two clients that I get to do future videos for.

Additional note: The bike sponsor just said that he's going to ensure that we bring lights for the next one. That way I can get more of the bike footage and the stunt performances. Those all happened after dark and they didn't let me know in advance that would happen. So I'm shooting the next one for more marketing material anyways. They loved what I've given them. They love the girls too. The girls are what sell this thing.

Matthew Silver

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Okay, makes sense. So a few thoughts -

I would make sure that they budget for a MUA on the next shoot. The dancers, while attractive, could use a make up person to hide blemishes and bruises. I would assume the owner of the club would want them presented as a flawless fantasy.

It feels to me like the hair flipping is overused. Not sure you need that many shots of women flipping their hair. It reduces the sexy and pushes it towards comical. Or maybe that's my sense of humor.

I assume the vignette was on purpose?

I also think this could be cut more closely to the music in order to make it more engaging. I assume that will happen along with trimming the fat on the video in subsequent cuts.

It's a good content cut though - a solid base to refine from.

Matthew

Fernando Hermoso

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 1:08 pm

very nice and instructive video, but what brand was the bike? :) :lol: :lol:

Fernando Hermoso

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 1:09 pm

music what music ? Did the video have music? :cry:

timbutt2

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Matthew, thank you for your input. I'll let the club owner know that we should get a good make up artist next time to cover up the blemishes and bruises. That's a really good idea. The camera is so good that it does see everything.

Roger on the hair flipping. I'll cut back on the next video. Particularly with making sure only one girl does it. Thing is that I would get the shot and the club owner would want another girl to do it. So, I would show playback and then the next girl would get in and perform the action. I'll make sure that next time I hold more discipline.

Sadly, no more cuts from here to trim the fat. The clients were ecstatic with it and wanted to release it right away. I won't fuddle more with it if I'm not being paid more to do so. However, I will definitely see if on the next video I can get better cuts to the music earlier on in the cut since I now know that the clients won't stress that and will be happy with anything I do. But since it is their dime I need to still do it fast enough, otherwise I'm doing the cuts on my time.

Again, thank you for your feedback! I am now going to have some good things to work on for the next video.

timbutt2

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Fernando Hermoso wrote:music what music ? Did the video have music? :cry:

Hahaha. Yeah, I wouldn't classify the audio as music either. More like a atmospheric beat thing. But not all music can be Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.

Fernando Hermoso

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 6:24 pm

timbutt2 wrote:
Fernando Hermoso wrote:music what music ? Did the video have music? :cry:

Hahaha. Yeah, I wouldn't classify the audio as music either. More like a atmospheric beat thing. But not all music can be Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.

no friend, I did not want to criticize the music.
has been a joke as saying that looking at the girls or I have noticed the music, but it was just a joke

timbutt2

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Fernando Hermoso wrote:no friend, I did not want to criticize the music.
has been a joke as saying that looking at the girls or I have noticed the music, but it was just a joke

Oh, hahaha. Sorry, didn't catch that. Yes, watching the girls can be very distracting from anything else.

Return to Cinematography