RMA postage insurance

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Dan Smith

RMA postage insurance

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi all, been reading all your informative posts for years but only just needed to ask a question I couldn't find an answer for...

I'm about to RMA my UM46 for the second time (first time audio board, second time hot/dead/stuck pixels) I'm concerned about insurance during transit on the RMA (I'm told it states in the warrenty: " Customer shall be responsible for paying all shipping charges, insurance, duties, taxes, and any other charges for products returned to us for any reason. ") Obvs they do pay the shipping (just not the insurance)

Anyone have an insurer that would take this on? Hiscox and Zurich say no. So, currently I have to risk my URSA's value against a max £1000 claim through FEDEX.

BTW, I can suck up the fact that I've had to send my camera back a couple of times for repair, Blackmagic, but I think its a pretty poor show that you don't cover the insurance. If I was thinking about buying this camera again and I realised that A: it would have to go back at some point(s) and B: there would be a cost for this return, even during warranty (which by insuring it myself there is) I might think twice - it undermines this quality product and the great job your customer service peope do in turning it around so quick.

Thanks all

Return to Cinematography