BMCC price to go up ?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Darko Djerich

BMCC price to go up ?

PostWed Nov 08, 2017 6:37 am

Now,that it is been discontinued should we expect street price to go up for this camera?
I am still hoping this sensor will come back in some Ursa Pro form.
Artist
Creative Film Enterprises Pty Ltd
creativefilm.com.au
ARRI Alexa EV, ALEXA Plus, MBP M3Pro, iMac5k i7 48gb AERO 5 OLED rtx3070ti BMD eGPU phase one p40+, UM4.6 ef bmcc ef bmpcc, speed editor, Ultrastudio mini 4k dji Inspire RAW 4K

Chris Chiasson

Re: BMCC price to go up ?

PostWed Nov 08, 2017 1:05 pm

On Ebay, ya, maybe. You're kind of at their mercy when official sellers empty their inventory.

Honestly though, Blackmagic really should make a successor (I don't consider the Ursa Mini the successor). They need the DSLR/Mirrorless entry camera that the original represented, that sadly didn't happen, because of the extra accessories needed to even use it. And with tech getting better and cheaper on the 4K side of things, they should take advantage of it. Especially with USB 3.2 coming out now, matching the old Thunderbolt 2 port's speed.

Denny Smith

PostWed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm

BM may have one in the back wings. They are waiting to find or get the “right” small 4K sensor that will give the same results the orig is small HD sensors did. Meanwhile, we will have to wait.

At the same time,, the market is swinging towards larger sensor cameras, like the Ursa Mini or Panny’s EVA1, which is small, but has a S35 sensor.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Greg Lee

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 1:35 am

I wouldn't be totally surprised if they have a smaller version of the 4.6K, but they won't release it until the 4.6K steps up to 6K or 8K. Heck, Sharp announced an 8K camera today, and I didn't even know they were still in business.

I'm guessing the R&D is going into 6-8K for URSA Mini. When that's done we get our Pocket/BMCC V2.

Return to Cinematography