MTF in december ?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

John Bartman

MTF in december ?

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Jim DeLuca

Re: MTF in december ?

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 6:15 pm

I believe that's really old, that was December 2012, before the sensor problems started I believe

John Bartman

Re: MTF in december ?

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Thank goodness for that!
i thought it might have been 2014 :)

Rumours around that a slightly new design active MTF modell to be released at NAB tomorrow (?)

Blackmagic Design

Well, the Blackmagic Cinema Camera was a BIG hit at NAB 2012. Only problem is, most people that have ordered the camera, still haven’t received it! After manufacturing/supplier delays and infinity focus issues, the cameras still aren’t shipping in large quantities. Blackmagic announced a MFT (micro four-thirds) version of the camera coming, but only after existing EF mount cameras are shipped and orders fulfilled. Expect some working MFT bodies to be on display in the Blackmagic booth. There are also rumors that they might be announcing a DaVinci display (Via- ProVideo Coalition).

To add fuel to the MFT fire, 43 Rumors has been reporting since last October that Blackmagic Design has plans to release an active MFT model which would allow for full electronic control of aperture, zoom, and focus. The rumor has been classified as FT4, which means there is a 61-80% chance of the rumor being true. “I got multiple mails from different sources saying that Blackmagic is working on a new version of their Micro Four Thirds mount camera. Unlike the current model, this one will have “active m43 mount” which means it supports electronic contacts for zoom, aperture and focus control. It will also have phantom XLR, larger capacity battery and an external battery mount. And that’s not all! There will be an improved RAW coded and a slightly different design.” (Via- 43 Rumors)

http://www.texascamerarentals.com/nab-2013/

Return to Cinematography