Please Blackmagic look at the uneven distribution situation

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Jules Bushell

Please Blackmagic look at the uneven distribution situation

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Blackmagic,

Please can you have a more even shipping of cameras to distributors based on the amount of cameras your distributors have on pre-order from retailers? Especially now with three soon to be released camera models!

We're living in an instant information age. There is no hiding the fact that the US retailer Adorama are having cameras flowing in regularly and soon will be able to fulfil camera orders made this month April 2013, where as CVP, the biggest camera retailer in the UK, are getting minor trickles of cameras and are still trying to fulfil orders made in April 2012. That's a whole year apart between two retailers!

This is not even a request for myself, as I cancelled my EF model order with CVP and changed to the MFT. Just feel sorry there are so many people seeing others jump way way ahead of them in the queue. Blackmagic, you're getting extra complaints because of this that you don't need to have. It's bad business practise!

So please Blackmagic, revisit how many cameras you are shipping to each of your distributors worldwide to make it a fairer system.

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

ungovernedreason

Re: Please Blackmagic look at the uneven distribution situat

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 3:59 pm

It has dawned on me that BlackMagic is focused more on profits the its customers than most of us origionally thought...
They do not care about shipping even numbers or even updating those who have orderd...
It would not be hard to post a simple
"Hey people who orderd mft models...we remember you exist hang tight guys!"
But nope not even that...
Instead of using its resources to further shipping its models it spends them on making new models.
I understand people asked for the new models but hey guys what? They also asked for the model they already paid for!
Jonathon E Norris
Former Canadian Military
Videographer
UnGoverned Productions

Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwXLMT1XKyk&list=PL3XHcImUakQ30c-Xzd96iq5YEyk36LP-Z&index=2

John Bartman

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 5:41 pm

"Hey people who orderd mft models...we remember you exist hang tight guys!"
But nope not even that...

yes, sucks. (however many cameras they bring out)

Jules Bushell

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 6:55 pm

ungovernedreason wrote:It has dawned on me that BlackMagic is focused more on profits the its customers than most of us origionally thought...

I'm thinking that Blackmagic are mainly an engineering company who just want to make cool things, maybe at the expense of getting their cameras out there.

I hope that Blackmagic does understand that there is a very uneven distribution of their cameras coming through to the retailers (and ultimately to the customers), some getting lots and some getting very few (or nothing), and to do something about it as soon as to even this out more, as demand ramps up even higher.

And of course, start shipping the MFT version, but evenly this time!

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Return to Cinematography