Mosaic Engineering OLPF

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ric Murray

Mosaic Engineering OLPF

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 8:31 pm

I placed an order for the Mosaic OLPF before Christmas last year (2017) and received an email confirming my order. I have not heard anything since. Phone calls and emails requesting more info about possible delivery dates have gone unanswered. Anybody heard anything about this product or Mosaic's general health & welfare?
Creativity is the ability to accept ambiguity.

Tommaso Alvisi

Re: Mosaic Engineering OLPF

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Communication is VERY SPOTTY...not their strength for sure...

Mattias Kristiansson

PostSat Feb 10, 2018 3:27 pm

I also pre-ordered, and I'm also starting to wonder about this.
Actually I ordered it mostly as it seems to solve the UM46K IR issues once and for all.

Dmitry Shijan

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 2:00 am

I ordered Mosaic OLPF 2 for BMMCC in Summer and next wait about 3 months before it was shipped. But that time delays where explained by some technical problems in components supply. I send them emails few times but communication was very very slow.
All that time their UM4/6K filter was available in their store but people who contacted Mosaic talk that in reality that filter wasn't ready yet.
If they don't respond try to email again in few weeks.
All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

rick.lang

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 3:24 am

Often supply delays and third-party contractors relate to these delays rather than any apparent lack of effort on the part of your manufacturer. Mosaic may prefer not to identify the things that are out of their control. Small manufacturers have a very hard time managing their project timelines. Not likely an issue when you become a a Canon or Sony but that’s one of the costs of innovation for small entrepreneurs. We might prefer that products not be announced until they’re ready to ship, but the manufacturer needs to announce ahead of that to gauge the volumes they produce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Ric Murray

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Often supply delays and third-party contractors relate to these delays rather than any apparent lack of effort on the part of your manufacturer. Mosaic may prefer not to identify the things that are out of their control.

I really am not interested in the issues or reasons why the filter is delayed. I just think that if one has invested $500 in the first run of this product, the courtesy of a reply would be appreciated. Is that asking too much?
Creativity is the ability to accept ambiguity.

silvio bonomi

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 6:13 pm

...same here. I've place an order on 30 April 2017 for URSA MINI 4,6. Several e-mails for requesting updates on the status of the order, a couple of answers with vague types of excuses but at today nothing. A strange way of doing business...

silvio bonomi

rick.lang

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Ric, I agree with what you’re saying. To me the vendor needs to responds to status queries when they have no expectations of fulfilling an order in a timely manner.

Rick Lang

rick.lang

Mosaic Engineering OLPF

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Silvio, deleted my reply now I’m awake. I must have written that message in my sleep.

Last edited by rick.lang on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Lang

silvio bonomi

PostMon Feb 12, 2018 7:31 pm

...no Sorry RICK !! I refer to an order for a Mosaic OLPF for an URSA MINI 4,6...

silvio bonomi

rick.lang

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 12:58 am

Thanks, Silvio. I’ll delete my post!

Rick Lang

Ryan Earl

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 am

I bought a filter for the micro cinema camera from Mosaic in 2017 with a really fast delivery time of a few days. I emailed him ahead of ordering and waited until he confirmed the filter was in stock. It seems like a one to two man operation on the administration side so it’s best to contact them ahead of ordering.

rick.lang

Mosaic Engineering OLPF

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Sage advice, Ryan. With all the online stores where it’s so easy to click a few buttons to order something, we tend to forget in most companies not called Amazon, there is a human handling the sales and possibly another human handling the stock. I always have talked to the human who can be very helpful and attentive to the equipment order when you place it. Always, whether it’s a lowly eye cushion or the camera itself. Sales like to talk to you at every gear vendor I’ve considered.

How else would you learn that the Rokinon 16mm T2.2 APS-C lens covers Super 35 while the 10mm does not (before you buy)?

Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography