PL mount on Pocket Cinema Camera

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Jason Hinkle

PL mount on Pocket Cinema Camera

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 12:05 am

Does anybody know if getting a c-mount adapter for the pocket camera would allow use of this adapter:
http://www.visualproducts.com/storeProd ... 8&Cat2=135

I actually have one of these adapters and an Optar 8mm lens that I use on my Super-16 camera. I've been thinking about selling all of my glass to get canon stuff since I have a EF BMCC. But with the pocket cam announced now I'm considering hanging onto it because it's a great wide lens for super-16. I'm thinking if I get something like the Rokinon 8mm it's going to have more distortion.

All these choices have me confused but I don't have enough dough to keep it all!

sean mclennan

Re: PL mount on Pocket Cinema Camera

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 1:00 am

I would just get a PL to MFT adapter and be done with it. Simple.

sean

Jason Hinkle

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 am

sean mclennan wrote:I would just get a PL to MFT adapter and be done with it. Simple.

That definitely would be a cleaner setup. Basically I already have this adapter sitting on my desk so I was wondering if the double-adapter would work.

I guess it seems like it would work in theory, but I was just wondering if anybody else had tried such a thing, perhaps on a GH2 or something - using double adapters (mtf-2-c plus c-to-pl). I'm wondering if I'll have focus issues and/or the lens will be in danger of falling off?

AdrianSierkowski

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 2:58 am

It wouldn't be something I'd want to chance, and I'd worry about any imperfections in tolerances compounding and screwing with focus. Would it work; probably, would it be something I'd want to throw a follow-focus onto... nope-- least of all if they were my lenses.
Adrian Sierkowski
Director of Photography
http://www.adriansierkowski.com
adrian@adriansierkowski.com

Jason Hinkle

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 7:39 am

Hmm the more I think about it, best case scenario it's gonna be a minor hassle on a shoot.

Return to Cinematography