Why I came back to Blackmagic design after 3-4 years

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Stuart Dye

Why I came back to Blackmagic design after 3-4 years

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 2:37 am

Hi all, my last sign in was 2015. I was interested in buying a BM cinema cam or pocket cam a few years back but was not happy with the feed back on this forum about software/firmware issues with these 2 cameras. So I said to myself I will come back in a few years when the bugs have been ironed out. So early 2018 I bought my first Blackmagic camera the pocket cinema camera, used, with no box, 1 battery and charger.....and I can't put the thing down! I recently shot a music video with the pocket cam, I obviously had to use extra lights than what I was used to (Sony fs700, Panasonic gh4, Sony nex 5-n) but managed to get the shots I wanted. Obviously the crop factor was a shock. I also filmed a seminar non stop for 80min and the camera performed perfectly and gave me 1x prores proxy file. I have adapted my canon fitment lenses with a fotodiox ef to m43 with aperture blades. The pocket cam is the ONLY cam I have at the moment but hopefully once I get back into work I will save and get the micro cinema cam + video assist HD. I will post my lens tests and other vids soon, all the best.

rick.lang

Re: Why I came back to Blackmagic design after 3-4 years

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Welcome back, Stuart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography