A BMCC available from Wendys Broadcast UK

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Anthony Graham

A BMCC available from Wendys Broadcast UK

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi

I have had to cancel my order for now for my BMCC from Wendys. As my project had already started and I am currently out of the UK. So they have my camera now available and no current buyers in line after me. If you give them a call and ask for Nathan, say Anthony Graham sent you!

call them at
0161 223 2200

Many thanks
Anthony
www.ant-cam.co.uk

Anthony Graham

Re: A BMCC available from Wendys Broadcast UK

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 1:32 pm

If anybody does buy it please post here so Wendys and poor Nathan don't keep getting millions of phone calls!

Ant
www.ant-cam.co.uk

spike

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Why didn't you buy it and flip it for a profit?
BMD products: -
ATEM 1 M/E
Teranex 2D
GPI/Tally
SDI distribution
HDMI to SDI converter
Sync Gen
Smartview HD
Smartview Duo
Ultrastudio Mini Recorder

Anthony Graham

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Out of the country so a little difficult.

Also I would rather somebody buy and use it rather than make profit out of others desperation!

Ant
www.ant-cam.co.uk

spike

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Anthony Graham wrote:Out of the country so a little difficult.

Also I would rather somebody buy and use it rather than make profit out of others desperation!

Ant

Better man than I ;) To be honest I'm not sure how much "desperation" is left for the 2.5k. It would be a more of a risk to try and flip it now. If you would have tried a week or so ago you probably would have made some cash out of it.
BMD products: -
ATEM 1 M/E
Teranex 2D
GPI/Tally
SDI distribution
HDMI to SDI converter
Sync Gen
Smartview HD
Smartview Duo
Ultrastudio Mini Recorder

Anthony Graham

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 2:56 pm

If my project had not started I would have probably gone ahead with it.

Just because a new one is on the horizon doesn't make the current one any less good. Just a different tool. If you need one now and not in July or whenever the new models come out then you buy now. You can't always be thinking the next best thing is round the corner or you will never get anywhere or buy anything!

With somwhere near 300 orders at CVP I bet there are a few who still want one now so there would be a flip opertunity. Just not by me!

When I return to the UK from this project, hopefully there will be footage available from the new models and BMCC 2.5 available easier. I will then decide if I still go ahead with my BMCC plan for other projects or go BMPC or even a BMPCC. It isn't all about numbers and specs or the Alexa would not be making a mess of Reds Epic plans right now! as the Alexa is twice the price with less resolution and generally needs an external codex for high end work (unless alexa plus of course) It is about the cameras end image! Plus how easy it is to use on set!

Though I doubt the BMPCC one would be as a main camera for me as no matter what the footage looks like clients will look down there nose at it due to it's size. I could rock up to a shoot with an EPIC in dslr type config and an old DSR450 and most clients will thing the DSR is the better camera due to it's size and look. stupid I know but mostly true! A shame as I love the S16 frame size on the BMPCC.

I just wish camera mfg would make cinema cameras, film camera shape..... what happened! Who suddenly decided we need a compact camera shape to shoot with, or the new latest dodecahedron Rubiks camera. Most new cameras we need to strap crap to make it useable! Grrr

Anyway off topic
Anthony

P.s. love the F5 and F55 form factor just not the price!
www.ant-cam.co.uk

Return to Cinematography