mount loose

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

rudavsa

mount loose

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 9:56 pm

Hello there, recently i discovered the bayonet mount on the blackmagic pocket cinema camera was wobbling around. i decided to open the camera up and discovered that all 3 (?) screws holding the plastic (?) mount had become loose and one of the little "ears" had been broken. i attached a photo below. does anyone know if it's fixable at all? there is no such part on the official BM parts list.
Attachments
IMG_6119.jpg
IMG_6119.jpg (878.81 KiB) Viewed 519 times

Denny Smith

Re: mount loose

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 am

Time to buy the new BM Picket Camer 4K, or buy a non working used BMPCC for parts.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Anatoly Mashanov

Re: mount loose

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 1:27 am

I think it's not so difficult to make a bracket that presses the broken mount to it's place. It could be a kind of bridge with other side pushing the body between the loudspeaker socket and a cryo device heat pipe or maybe even kept with the native screw and left screw of a heat pipe. Also, use some glue to keep the screws in place and don't forget about the thermal paste under heat pipe. Glue the ear to it's place with a very little drop of cyanacrylate just for the sake of glamour; do NOT disassemble the mount - it's doable but requires a clean room.

Return to Cinematography