Trade in Program

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

moffatmedia

Trade in Program

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 12:40 am

I was wondering if Black Magic was going to do anything for its customers who originally purchased the Black Magic Camera last year that did not receive their cameras almost 8 months later after the release date.

I understand things happend, but I spent my money on camera and by the time I got it it was obsolete almost a month later.... its a real drag.

I was one of the first people to put my money in on the 2.5k camera and I received it in March of this year. I have shot maybe 30 seconds of video on it so far and now this new 4k camera comes out, real bummer.

Just my thoughts.

Adam

Dustin Uy

Re: Trade in Program

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 am

its not obsolete.
ebay is your friend.

I own one, I use it for works that i do. the same work that i do all the time.
If i didnt have the BMC id still do the same work that i do. Now my works look even better with BMC.
I hope my point gets through

Cognizantphotos

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 1:23 am

If you purchased it in march and have only used it for 30 seconds of footage, you might just have to reconsider the whole thing.

Thomas Schumacher

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 2:12 am

Cognizantphotos wrote:If you purchased it in march and have only used it for 30 seconds of footage, you might just have to reconsider the whole thing.

:mrgreen: Just had the same thought.
https://www.gernemehrfilm.de/

Bill Rich

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 2:45 am

I'm not trading my BMCC in! That little camera rocks!!
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

Theodore Prentice

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 2:54 am

gmf wrote:
Cognizantphotos wrote:If you purchased it in march and have only used it for 30 seconds of footage, you might just have to reconsider the whole thing.

:mrgreen: Just had the same thought.

Amen

Just get rid of it because BMD is out to get you, and they are watching you so as soon as you get the newest camera they will announce another new one making that one obsolete.

It's crippling how much control they have over us, I often don't want to get out of bed in the morning due to the newly "announced" cameras.

Somebody better set this straight immediately

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:19 am

moffatmedia wrote:I was wondering if Black Magic was going to do anything for its customers who originally purchased the Black Magic Camera last year that did not receive their cameras almost 8 months later after the release date.

I understand things happend, but I spent my money on camera and by the time I got it it was obsolete almost a month later.... its a real drag.

I was one of the first people to put my money in on the 2.5k camera and I received it in March of this year. I have shot maybe 30 seconds of video on it so far and now this new 4k camera comes out, real bummer.

Just my thoughts.

Adam

Hi Adam: Your BMCC is capable today of recording incredibly beautiful 2.5K 12-bit uncompressed RAW CinemaDNG with 13 stops of DR, plus 10-bit 4:2:2 1080p ProRes/DNxHD at up to 220 megabits/sec., with 800 ISO native sensitivity.

The new BMPC-4K won't be available until "the end of July 2013" at the earliest, and initially will record 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 compressed ProRes up to 220 megabits/sec. (and compressed 12-bit RAW CinemaDNG at a later date), with 12 stops of DR and unknown native ISO sensitivity (but probably less that 800 ISO).

In some ways your BMCC is better than the new BMPC-4K: It's $1K less expensive, it has more DR & better sensitivity, and you have one in your hands today.

Enjoy your camera. It's a fantastic tool. Start using & enjoying it. There are many, many people all over the world who envy your having it.

Cheers.

Randy Walters

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:25 am

I'll give up my Blackmagic Cinema Camera when they pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

Look, I shouldn't say anything this close to an ad hominem attack, but really... it's hard for me to understand how anyone could call the BMCC “obsolete.” That's not even close to being rational.

I've spent a lot of time over the last week looking for 60-70-year-old glass on eBay. Is that obsolete?

There are thousands of people out there who would give just about anything to have your outdated, useless, obsolete camera. If you're not going to use it, please sell it to one of them, and be done with it.
Last edited by Randy Walters on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dustin Uy

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:41 am

Troll?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:42 am

dustinuy wrote:Troll?

No thanks. I've just had my supper. :lol:

-

Return to Cinematography