B&H "BMD Expert" answers BMPCC4K questions

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ryan Payne

Re: B&H "BMD Expert" answers BMPCC4K questions

PostSat Aug 25, 2018 11:25 am

Kristian Lam wrote:
Ryan Payne wrote:Not sure if it's been asked/ requested but will we be able to dual record/ relay record? SSD - Cfast for higher codecs and SSD- SD or Cfast to SD for lower?

Unfortunately no.

Ah dang I figured it'd be a hard sell processing power wise considering the price point.

Wayne Steven

PostSat Aug 25, 2018 12:57 pm

Jim Giberti wrote:All of the unkowns are kind of like discerning Mars with the Hubble and remote sensors.

All will be known once we land in a few weeks.

I could do a lot with that. What's the resolution on Mars with the Hubble?
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

rick.lang

PostSat Aug 25, 2018 3:11 pm

The James Webb could probably read a newspaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Mark Grgurev

PostSat Aug 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Ryan Payne wrote:Ah dang I figured it'd be a hard sell processing power wise considering the price point.

It wouldn't be a processor limitation. It's more likely the case that the card readers and both being connected through the same USB controller and the controller itself is the limitation.

Ryan Payne

PostSat Aug 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Mark Grgurev wrote:
Ryan Payne wrote:Ah dang I figured it'd be a hard sell processing power wise considering the price point.

It wouldn't be a processor limitation. It's more likely the case that the card readers and both being connected through the same USB controller and the controller itself is the limitation.

Ah yeah makes sense though as anything additional would've increased the size and cost.

This camera is going to be a true successor to the pocket maybe not in size but in it's ability to allow an entry point into high end cinema. 4k dual iso raw, not even a year ago if I heard someone rattle off those specs I'd think a new 40k dollar camera just came out.

Adrian Gucze

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 9:41 am

Are there any news on the Viltrox ef-m2 being compatible to the BMPCC4K ? I'm at the edge of buying one so I don't have to let go of my canon glass but did not find any definite info in the recent threads in the last couple of weeks.

kristofire

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 6:23 am

Adrian Gucze wrote:Are there any news on the Viltrox ef-m2 being compatible to the BMPCC4K ? I'm at the edge of buying one so I don't have to let go of my canon glass but did not find any definite info in the recent threads in the last couple of weeks.

I'm keen to know the answer to this as well as I've got the BMPCC4K on order and need to get an adapter for my EF lenses.
Previous

Return to Cinematography